FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citicards 60 day/ one application policy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/778645-citicards-60-day-one-application-policy.html)

veggie_lover Jan 13, 2008 12:18 pm

Citicards 60 day/ one application policy

Does anyone know if this just applies to one specific type of card or for all citicards? In other words, can I apply for one Aadvantage card and one Thankyou rewards card every 60 days or just one total?

Also are there are any other good citicards I should be doing besides the two I mentioned? I am already doing business versions of each though.

technique Jan 13, 2008 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by veggie_lover (Post 9060742)
Does anyone know if this just applies to one specific type of card or for all citicards? In other words, can I apply for one Aadvantage card and one Thankyou rewards card every 60 days or just one total?

Also are there are any other good citicards I should be doing besides the two I mentioned? I am already doing business versions of each though.

It's one per flavor of card... So unless it's the same card, you can have multiple within a 60 day period... Just can't apply for the same flavor of card within 60 days, so AAdvantage and TY are just fine...

Oh, I think I heard there's a 6 citicard limit... Meaning you can't hold more than 6 citibank credit cards at one time...

Also, business cards are every 90 days, unlike personal cards which are 60 days as you stated...

forextrader Jan 13, 2008 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by technique (Post 9061725)
It's one per flavor of card... So unless it's the same card, you can have multiple within a 60 day period... Just can't apply for the same flavor of card within 60 days, so AAdvantage and TY are just fine...

Oh, I think I heard there's a 6 citicard limit... Meaning you can't hold more than 6 citibank credit cards at one time...

Also, business cards are every 90 days, unlike personal cards which are 60 days as you stated...

My experience differs - I only apply for AA cards, and have done as many as 4 cards in a 67 day period - I mix between Visa and M/C versions.

I also hold more than 6 Citicards as well.

Different people have different experiences - so you just have to try and apply. Good luck

tev9999 Jan 13, 2008 8:50 pm

I got a Professional, then about a month later a Business and Premier Pass Business on the same day.

veggie_lover Jan 13, 2008 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by forextrader (Post 9062390)
My experience differs - I only apply for AA cards, and have done as many as 4 cards in a 67 day period - I mix between Visa and M/C versions.
Good luck

Very interesting, how do you get a Visa option for the AA cards, I seem to only see the M/C version?

AndreaRH Jan 14, 2008 6:27 am

There is a current offer for 25,000 miles after $750 in purchases within four months for a CitiBusiness AAdvantage Visa. You can apply at CitiCards.com

Leisureguy27 Jan 14, 2008 1:39 pm

I was approved on 12/21 and today for 2 Citi AA MC's products.

UA Fan Jan 14, 2008 8:21 pm

i used to be able to get more than 1 card in the 60 day period, but recently around the time their CEO was fired I got rejected and they reason was that i could get only 1 per 60 days. i guess at that time they were increasing their criteria due to the credit crunch. ever since that they have imposed that rule whenever i apply. i guess if they currently don't enforce it on you, don't overdo it.

forextrader Jan 15, 2008 1:32 am

Originally Posted by veggie_lover (Post 9063566)
Very interesting, how do you get a Visa option for the AA cards, I seem to only see the M/C version?

http://www.usa.visa.com/personal/cards/credit/visa_signature_apply.html?it=c|/personal/cards/credit/visa_signature.jsp|Apply%20Now#

The above link if for many brands of Visa cards - scroll down to Citibank, and you will see the AAdvantage card. 20,000 miles after $250 spend

asiaFT Jan 19, 2008 11:09 am

Anyone else who has applied for more than 1 Citi AA Card in the month of Jan and got approved

PDX_Roy Jan 19, 2008 11:27 am

My wife was approved for Citi Amex and Citi MC in January

gerald5 Jan 19, 2008 12:09 pm

Are the AA cards still churnable (after $750 in purchases)? Do you cancel after 2 or 6 months?

PDX_Roy Jan 19, 2008 12:45 pm

I began churning Citi cards last Aug and the sum of all those credit limits is >$56k. The credit limit on my new Amex cards are effected by this sum. I will begin to cancel cards after 6 months which Kaukau suggests in order to avoid forfeiting bonus miles. I think he said B of A was taking back bonuses if accounts were closed in less than 6 months. No word on Citi doing that but I will stick with the 6 month rule.

freeloader Jan 19, 2008 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by PDX_Roy (Post 9099311)
I began churning Citi cards last Aug and the sum of all those credit limits is >$56k. The credit limit on my new Amex cards are effected by this sum. I will begin to cancel cards after 6 months which Kaukau suggests in order to avoid forfeiting bonus miles. I think he said B of A was taking back bonuses if accounts were closed in less than 6 months. No word on Citi doing that but I will stick with the 6 month rule.

how often do you apply for new cards?

technique Jan 19, 2008 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by PDX_Roy (Post 9099311)

AFAIK, Citi does not take back bonus miles...