Citicards 60 day/ one application policy

Old Apr 29, 2009, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by CandymanJim
then send a letter off to Citi after the bonus posted to cancel.
If you're already using the Citicards.com site, why not just cancel by email? Just click on the card you want to cancel, select "Email Customer Service" from the "Help & Contact Us" drop-down menu bar. It's painless and almost instantaneous.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 3:42 pm

Programs: SPG Plat (3.2MM LT), Hilton Gold, AA LT Plat (3.2MM), Hertz 5*, US Mint MVP
Originally Posted by j3brooklyn
If you're already using the Citicards.com site, why not just cancel by email? Just click on the card you want to cancel, select "Email Customer Service" from the "Help & Contact Us" drop-down menu bar. It's painless and almost instantaneous.
Paper Trail...

Jim
Old Apr 30, 2009, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
I applied for one of the new 30K mile Citi AA cards this morning. I was NOT instantly approved so I called the toll free number to try and activate the account. I'm glad I did. The rep. said that I had reached my max. credit line with my other three Citi AA cards. He suggested moving some $$ around so he could approve the card. Did it and card was approved. Painless procedure.
Old May 1, 2009, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by philemer
I applied for one of the new 30K mile Citi AA cards this morning. I was NOT instantly approved so I called the toll free number to try and activate the account. I'm glad I did. The rep. said that I had reached my max. credit line with my other three Citi AA cards. He suggested moving some $$ around so he could approve the card. Did it and card was approved. Painless procedure.
Yes, always remeber to call and reduce the CR limits of other cards first before applying anew. I have forgotten this step several times but end up with your decent results. We all have a combined limit. And there's really no reason why the new card needs to be anything over $1000 or 2.
Old May 1, 2009, 8:18 am

What is the 800 phone#?
Old May 1, 2009, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
And there's really no reason why the new card needs to be anything over $1000 or 2.
Well, if you're going to try to hit $750 in one month, $1000 may not be enough, in case you use it for stuff where bigger authroizations can be rung up. I know I've not gone beyond $755 in spending, and yet my "credit available" is down by over $900, because of, for example, one hotel double-authorizing and another over-authorizing.

However, yes, in most circumstances $2000 should be enough if all you want to do is get to the $750 spend (but not much over) in a month.
Old May 1, 2009, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by deant
Surprised this has not been posted in this thread. CITI now is giving 30K miles. Discussion is in the AA forum.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-citi-mc.html
And now, over in that other thread, someone has posted a public link for all 3 cards showing the 30k offer in print!

www.fly3.citicards.com

I didn't see this in this thread here yet...
Old May 1, 2009, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by freeflyin
I'm not sure this is targeted this time around. Everyone in my family received it and we each have different profiles and travel patterns.
The last one I received for 30K was a Visa this one is a MC,which unfortunately I applied for just a few weeks ago at the 25K level.
Could you please post the link you got for a 30k Visa? I've not seen a recent link for a (non-expired) Visa app for 25k even, let alone 30k! (Or was this a Business Visa?)
Old May 1, 2009, 9:55 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Could you please post the link you got for a 30k Visa? I've not seen a recent link for a (non-expired) Visa app for 25k even, let alone 30k! (Or was this a Business Visa?)
I'm sorry-it was a snail mail offer with a specific enrollment code.
Old May 1, 2009, 5:09 pm
JJF

Almost Convinced to Churn Cards, but . . .

Ok, FlyerTalk almost has me convinced to start churning cards. There are just to many post on to many threads for this not to be a good idea, but . . .

If the total purpose in churning cards (and using them) is to get enough miles for two business class tickets to Europe, can you actually use the miles and get tickets?

I don't see alot of complaining about not using AA miles, but wanted some sense that churning cards for a few years will result in a pile of miles that can be used for real tickets.

What is the best deal you have recently gotten or plan to get with your miles?
Old May 1, 2009, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JJF
What is the best deal you have recently gotten or plan to get with your miles?
How about reading this thread on AA forum?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...nsive-but.html
Old May 2, 2009, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by kiyotaka
What is the 800 phone#?
to get info on exceeding credit limits, call 888 873 2349. for all else, call the cs number on the back of your citi mc: 888-766-2484 and hit option 5.

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Well, if you're going to try to hit $750 in one month, $1000 may not be enough, in case you use it for stuff where bigger authroizations can be rung up. I know I've not gone beyond $755 in spending, and yet my "credit available" is down by over $900, because of, for example, one hotel double-authorizing and another over-authorizing.

However, yes, in most circumstances $2000 should be enough if all you want to do is get to the $750 spend (but not much over) in a month.
you can go well over your limit and if you are churning you need to keep limits low so you have room to get the next churned set in 60 days.
Old May 2, 2009, 9:55 am

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
I personally hate to deal with the CSR in the retention department. They suck the life out of you and really take up too much of my time. I just stick to the regular rotations and cancel by mail.
Jim
I presume you are talking about the Business cards. You mean you snail mail them? And cancel personal with Email?
Old May 2, 2009, 7:02 pm

Programs: SPG Plat (3.2MM LT), Hilton Gold, AA LT Plat (3.2MM), Hertz 5*, US Mint MVP
Originally Posted by thebat
I presume you are talking about the Business cards. You mean you snail mail them? And cancel personal with Email?

I don't fool with the churn on the AA Bus Citi, my business card already racks me up about 20k a month in spending already and I am content with the personal ones my wife and I do. I always shoot off a snail mail form letter to cancel the card. I keep a copy of the letter to put in the file with the other relevant information for that particular card, such as the approval, the pin mail letter, the card sheet the card comes on etc.

Jim
Old May 2, 2009, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA 2.2MM LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
I don't fool with the churn on the AA Bus Citi, my business card already racks me up about 20k a month in spending already
Take a very serious look at the SPG Amex. You earn a Starpoint for every dollar spent, and can transfer 20k Starpoints to get 25k AAdvantage miles (or a variety of other airlines). You can essentially earn 1.25 AAdvantage miles per dollar that way, 25% more than the Citi cards. Starwood fans (of which I am one) will say that there are even better uses for the Starpoints in the form of Cash & Points and Nights & Flights awards, but even if you just use it for AAdvantage miles, you come out ahead.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.