Wiki Posts
Search

Citicards 60 day/ one application policy

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2009, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by CandymanJim
I manage all 5 of my family's accounts. I am lifetime AA Platinum and even I didn't get the email, only my 17 year old daughters account, a former gold by challenge got it.

Jim
Maybe it was because she was the only one signed up to receive AA promo. emails. Maybe? I'm think that's why I didn't get the offer. YMMV.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 8:02 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Originally Posted by flybud123
where did you see that? oh no i hope it's not come to an end...
Post 536 in 'Credit Card Churning.' Sorry, I don't know how to post a link.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 8:11 pm
Suspended

i read it and interpreted differntly. one person had trouble getting it to go through. but i don't see anything to indicate the deal is dead. i'm hping it's alive and well, cuz in a few more weeks/ months, i'd like to fund a few more bank accounts w/citi...
Old Apr 21, 2009, 9:11 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
For the person who asked for the 25k plus 10k links, here they are below. This offer came in my wife's email yesterday...I still signed her up for the regular 25k cc, I am a creature of habit

MC:
https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3001

AMEX:
https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3033

Business:
https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3006

35,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles -
more than enough for a travel award!

As a cardmember, you'll benefit from:

* 25,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles after $750 in purchases within the first 4 months of cardmembership1
* 10,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles after you make $10,000 in purchases during your first year as a cardmember.2
* No annual fee for the first 12 months*
* No blackout dates on AAdvantage® award travel3
* AAdvantage® miles may never expire4
* One AAdvantage® mile for every dollar spent on purchases5

Special benefits for Citi Select® / AAdvantage® American Express® cardmembers available through the entré® program6:

* Access to the Premium Hotel Program, which includes special offers such as room upgrades, early check-in, late check-out and more
* Car rental, cruise, spa offers and more

CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® cardmembers can also enjoy:

* Savings on an Admirals Club® membership or on a renewal7
* Additional employee cards at no extra cost
Old Apr 21, 2009, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Thanks for the link gpapadop.

Next churn, I'll get the 30K AMEX and 25K+10K MC (for account funding). It'll be nearly another 90 days until I can get the business card.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thehawk75
Thanks for the link gpapadop.

Next churn, I'll get the 30K AMEX and 25K+10K MC (for account funding). It'll be nearly another 90 days until I can get the business card.
I would not bother getting a business card. It's just a waste, since you can only apply for that every 90 days. Just do the two personal cards every 60 days and you'll be fine. Remember you are only allowed 6 hard credit pull inquiries every
six months.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by veggie_lover
Remember you are only allowed 6 hard credit pull inquiries every six months.
Many of us are allowed seven - that's why I bother with the business card.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 6:15 am

Programs: AA Gold, AMEX MR, BA, DL, SPG, UA, US, Hyatt Platinum
Veggie Lover's opinion only

Originally Posted by veggie_lover
I would not bother getting a business card. It's just a waste, since you can only apply for that every 90 days. Just do the two personal cards every 60 days and you'll be fine. Remember you are only allowed 6 hard credit pull inquiries every
six months.
Veggie Lover,

You are entitled to apply or not apply for any card(s) you like. But, providing "advice" to not apply for a Business card that can provide up to 100,000 bonus miles a year, is just BAD advice. The vast majority of the Flytertalk credit card forum members would strongly disagree with your opinion.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 9:30 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by singlemalt
Many of us are allowed seven - that's why I bother with the business card.
How can I see the specific dates of the credit pulls?
Old Apr 22, 2009, 9:59 am

Programs: SPG Plat (3.2MM LT), Hilton Gold, AA LT Plat (3.2MM), Hertz 5*, US Mint MVP
Is everyone referring to Citi hard pulls, or just hard pulls in general? Because with Citi alone I have at least 1 pull every single month, plus another 1-2 for banking and loan deals I work on. They are hard pulls, but my FICO score is always around 800, so most lenders I deal with could care less what is on the report, let alone the number of pulls. My point is that some people keep saying you are limited to the number of hard pulls, I can say few others run the Citi game as hard as me and I have never run up against this restriction in the past 5 years.

Jim
Old Apr 22, 2009, 10:22 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by yosithezet
How can I see the specific dates of the credit pulls?
normally people would sign up for some credit monitoring service if they do credit applications often.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 10:34 am

Programs: AA PLT (MM), UA 1K, Marriott Ti, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by CandymanJim
Is everyone referring to Citi hard pulls, or just hard pulls in general? Because with Citi alone I have at least 1 pull every single month, plus another 1-2 for banking and loan deals I work on. They are hard pulls, but my FICO score is always around 800, so most lenders I deal with could care less what is on the report, let alone the number of pulls. My point is that some people keep saying you are limited to the number of hard pulls, I can say few others run the Citi game as hard as me and I have never run up against this restriction in the past 5 years.

Jim
Your probably just flying under the radar somehow, probably luck... Or maybe others are unlucky...

Either way, having 24-36 hard pulls a year on your credit, as you describe, can be pretty damaging in certain circumstances... I've only ever had 1 adverse action, and I have tons of inquiries myself, and 800+ credit, so I'm not too worried, but that's not to say we are immune from adverse action simply because we have great credit scores... If a lender sees 50+ pulls in a 24 month period they can pretty much take whatever adverse action they want and be justified
Old Apr 22, 2009, 10:56 am

Programs: SPG Plat (3.2MM LT), Hilton Gold, AA LT Plat (3.2MM), Hertz 5*, US Mint MVP
Originally Posted by technique
Your probably just flying under the radar somehow, probably luck... Or maybe others are unlucky...

Either way, having 24-36 hard pulls a year on your credit, as you describe, can be pretty damaging in certain circumstances... I've only ever had 1 adverse action, and I have tons of inquiries myself, and 800+ credit, so I'm not too worried, but that's not to say we are immune from adverse action simply because we have great credit scores... If a lender sees 50+ pulls in a 24 month period they can pretty much take whatever adverse action they want and be justified
But where is this 6 pull limit coming from, Citi pulls only? Have others had this restriction? How do they know this is the reason for rejection?
Jim
Old Apr 22, 2009, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
First, let me just say that I can't believe I just read this whole thread.

Just applied for the Citi AA 30k card since it was too good a deal. But we're probably buying a house soon, so the churning will have to wait until the mortgage is set and we have moved. Of course, since my wife and I are both point whores, the possibility of churning will get us into a house soon rather than later!

Mike
Old Apr 22, 2009, 11:05 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by mingw
normally people would sign up for some credit monitoring service if they do credit applications often.
I was signed up for one of the ones that Citi gives free with the card. I guess next time I get a card in the mail I'll sign up again and then ask someone to guide me to where I see this information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.