Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citicards 60 day/ one application policy

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2009, 3:27 pm

Programs: SPG Plat (3.2MM LT), Hilton Gold, AA LT Plat (3.2MM), Hertz 5*, US Mint MVP
There is no phone number and I already looked at the links to see if/where it said 30k on the app, and I too could not find it. The email has the FF# and account name embedded in the message. I was hoping the email link had the FF# in it, but it too appears encrypted. However, the link to the applications does have the words to the effect "unsolicited" so I see no reason anybody couldn't do it.

I hate to ruin a good thing, as you may recall, I held closely the $250/20k apps until they turned them all off some time ago. I am still 22 days away from my next card and even then, will be at least 30 days from that time to see the miles posting.

Jim
Old Apr 20, 2009, 3:44 pm

Someone has just forwarded to me the same email they got regarding this new 30k offer for citi AA cards. The link for Citi AA Amex appears to be exactly the same as Jim's, which means the app. link is not tied to a particular FF#.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 4:00 pm

Programs: SPG Plat (3.2MM LT), Hilton Gold, AA LT Plat (3.2MM), Hertz 5*, US Mint MVP
Originally Posted by friedice
Someone has just forwarded to me the same email they got regarding this new 30k offer for citi AA cards. The link for Citi AA Amex appears to be exactly the same as Jim's, which means the app. link is not tied to a particular FF#.

Awesome, let the miles begin....

Jim
Old Apr 20, 2009, 9:16 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Well I just applied using the AMEX link in CandymanJim's e-mail. Finished the application and it said I could call in to get instant decision. Just got off the phone with them and they confirmed 30K miles for spending $750 w/in first 4 months of receiving the card. ^^

Thanks a ton for posting.

Last edited by aisleorwindow; Apr 20, 2009 at 9:21 pm
Old Apr 21, 2009, 8:58 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
I'm not sure this is targeted this time around. Everyone in my family received it and we each have different profiles and travel patterns.
The last one I received for 30K was a Visa this one is a MC,which unfortunately I applied for just a few weeks ago at the 25K level.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by freeflyin
I'm not sure this is targeted this time around. Everyone in my family received it and we each have different profiles and travel patterns.
The last one I received for 30K was a Visa this one is a MC,which unfortunately I applied for just a few weeks ago at the 25K level.
I manage all 5 of my family's accounts. I am lifetime AA Platinum and even I didn't get the email, only my 17 year old daughters account, a former gold by challenge got it.

Jim
Old Apr 21, 2009, 9:23 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Hmm, this is weird. I did not get any email and my wife got an email giving 25k miles for the usual $750 spend within 4 months AND another 10k miles for spending $10,000 within the first year.

I am going to use the 30k link for now....unless I change my mind and go for the 25k plus 10k....That's just way too many $1 coins now that my Bank of America branch makes me put them in bags to be counted at a different location....I think they are on to us
Old Apr 21, 2009, 9:41 am

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
Originally Posted by gpapadop
Hmm, this is weird. I did not get any email and my wife got an email giving 25k miles for the usual $750 spend within 4 months AND another 10k miles for spending $10,000 within the first year.

I am going to use the 30k link for now....unless I change my mind and go for the 25k plus 10k....That's just way too many $1 coins now that my Bank of America branch makes me put them in bags to be counted at a different location....I think they are on to us
Would you mind posting the link for the 25K plus 10K application for those who might be interested? Thanks!
Old Apr 21, 2009, 9:53 am
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by jeelele
Would you mind posting the link for the 25K plus 10K application for those who might be interested? Thanks!
May I ask why you (or anyone) would be interested in this offer?
Old Apr 21, 2009, 11:10 am

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
Originally Posted by LRD
May I ask why you (or anyone) would be interested in this offer?
Because someone might not be interested in a churn and can easily spend 10K in the first couple of months. I asked for the link because it will work perfectly for a couple of people that I know and are looking for AA card.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Because someone might not be interested in a churn and can easily spend 10K in the first couple of months. I asked for the link because it will work perfectly for a couple of people that I know and are looking for AA card.
I agree. The offer does have uses, especially if it's known that one is going to make some big ticket purchases in the near future -- or in the least if you want to run the $1 coin gambit.

That said, I'd still go for the 30K offer. You can get yourself on a retention offer that will get you 2 AAdvantage miles per $1 spent on all purchases anyway (for $10K of purchases for 6 months). Perhaps the bonus AAdvantage point per dollar spent retention offer can be stacked on the 25K + 10K (after spending $10K) sign up offer.

At any rate, with these new sign up bonuses, I regret that I just applied for 2 cards under the 25K (only) offer.

55 days left until my new application...
Old Apr 21, 2009, 3:27 pm

I think the reason it was asked was because the 25k +10k offer is as follows:

Spend $750 get the 25k then spend another 10k OVER THE NEXT YEAR, get 10k in bonus, plus the 10k for spending. So, you would spend $10k and get 45k in miles, not bad if you don't read this thread.

Using the 25k bonus option and spend $9000 over 12 months ($750/mo.) will get you:

25k each month for 12 months, or 300k in AA miles. So I think what some of us are trying to grasp is why spend $10k for 45k AA when you could spend $9k and get 300k AA? Kind of defies our logic....

FYI - The new 30k option would net out 360k AA. Or, if you were just spending the 10k you would get the 30k after $750 and anther 10k AA with your $10k in spending.

If anyone is spending 10k, you should not be doing it on the Citi AA, you shuld be using the SPG AMEX.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by CandymanJim
I think the reason it was asked was because the 25k +10k offer is as follows:

Spend $750 get the 25k then spend another 10k OVER THE NEXT YEAR, get 10k in bonus, plus the 10k for spending. So, you would spend $10k and get 45k in miles, not bad if you don't read this thread.

Using the 25k bonus option and spend $9000 over 12 months ($750/mo.) will get you:

25k each month for 12 months, or 300k in AA miles. So I think what some of us are trying to grasp is why spend $10k for 45k AA when you could spend $9k and get 300k AA? Kind of defies our logic....

FYI - The new 30k option would net out 360k AA. Or, if you were just spending the 10k you would get the 30k after $750 and anther 10k AA with your $10k in spending.

If anyone is spending 10k, you should not be doing it on the Citi AA, you shuld be using the SPG AMEX.

Personally I agree 100% with your logic. But considering the ways one can buy 'cash' with a citi-card, throwing in one of the 'high spending bonus' cards into ones churn isn't such a bad idea, if it does in fact net you more bonus miles.

For example one could open a new Citibank account or buy a CD. That's the easiest $10K spending threshold met, ever. Just as easy as any $750 spend requirement now (assuming you have the credit line), and you pay off your credit card with that same money you used to make the deposit. Personally since I'm planning to do another bank account churn within the next few months, I'd actually opt for the 25K + 10K AAdvantage mile bonus at that time, as I'd open the account with a $60K+ charge anyway.

Of course, in between bank account churns, naturally stick with the 30K at $750 spend offer.

At any rate, just showing that the high spending threshold does have use for some...
Old Apr 21, 2009, 6:17 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Originally Posted by thehawk75
Personally I agree 100% with your logic. But considering the ways one can buy 'cash' with a citi-card, throwing in one of the 'high spending bonus' cards into ones churn isn't such a bad idea, if it does in fact net you more bonus miles.

For example one could open a new Citibank account or buy a CD. That's the easiest $10K spending threshold met, ever. Just as easy as any $750 spend requirement now (assuming you have the credit line), and you pay off your credit card with that same money you used to make the deposit. Personally since I'm planning to do another bank account churn within the next few months, I'd actually opt for the 25K + 10K AAdvantage mile bonus at that time, as I'd open the account with a $60K+ charge anyway.

Of course, in between bank account churns, naturally stick with the 30K at $750 spend offer.

At any rate, just showing that the high spending threshold does have use for some...
I am reading in this forum that Citi will no longer allow funding a bank account with charge cards. Are you aware of this?
Old Apr 21, 2009, 6:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by thebat
I am reading in this forum that Citi will no longer allow funding a bank account with charge cards. Are you aware of this?
where did you see that? oh no i hope it's not come to an end...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.