Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citicards 60 day/ one application policy

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2008, 4:30 pm

Programs: SPG Plat (3.2MM LT), Hilton Gold, AA LT Plat (3.2MM), Hertz 5*, US Mint MVP
Originally Posted by Happy
Dont know if you mean 4 AA cards or 4 all Citicards. The highest number I have had active accounts with Citi has been 7 cards - 6 personal 1 business in disguise (Citi Pro). I have not tried more than 7. Most of the time I have between 4 to 5.
I dont know how many total cards you can have with Citi as I have never run up against this limit anyway. I do know the standard policy is 3 apps in 60 days, I dont know if that means approved apps or what. I just know that after 3 Citi AA (MC visa and or AMEX) card apps during a 60 day window is the most you can normally do. I have read others are limited to a number less than this. So, according to this, the most you could possibly do is 18 cards a year per person or about 36 for a couple based on the 60 day rule.

Jim
Old Feb 9, 2008, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by technique
Hmmm, good info. Thanks! ^

Why did you get rejected?
they said a low credit score i think. i had just closed a bunch of credit cards a week before and also got 2 other citi cards.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 2:14 pm

Programs: DL Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by PDX_Roy
I received a letter rejecting my application for a Citi Visa today. In the past 60 days I have been approved for a Citi Amex and Citi MC.

"It is our policy to limit the number of credit requests that we process within a 60-day period. Our records show that you applied for credit with us within the past 60 days."

So for me the limit is 6 MCs/yr and 6 Amex/yr and 4 Business cards/yr.
I just got the same letter from Citi. I had applied for the AA MC, AMEX, and visa all on the same day. The Amex and visa came through and the MC got the denial. I am guessing they got to the MC application 3rd. For the record, I only had one AA MC and Visa each prior to these 3 apps.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 2:21 pm

Programs: SPG Plat (3.2MM LT), Hilton Gold, AA LT Plat (3.2MM), Hertz 5*, US Mint MVP
My wife and I each just got our 3rd cards since January 10th, 08. So I know I can still get my three in 60 days. I wont push the envelope and will wait until 3/11/08 to start all over again. In this case, the first 2 cards were $250 and were quickly hit, so this time for the third card I opted for the $750 since I now have 1 month to hit this on and now get the 25k.

FWIW - I am still waiting for the 25k bonus on a 12/10/08 card. Citi says they gave it to AA and AA says they will research it. Hopefully they will show up soon.

Jim
Old Feb 11, 2008, 3:50 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Party over?

[QUOTE=
FWIW - I am still waiting for the 25k bonus on a 12/10/08 card. Citi says they gave it to AA and AA says they will research it. Hopefully they will show up soon.
Jim[/QUOTE]

Any qualms that they are on to you?

Matt
Old Feb 11, 2008, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by thebat
Any qualms that they are on to you?

Matt
No, the miles did not post from the business card. Subsequent $250 and $750 personal cards have posted like clockwork. Now they are "researching" the bonus as to what happened to it. They want to point out other bonuses as the missing credit, but I have to remind them those are from other accounts. Citi and AA have an obligation to post these miles as I have fullfilled my part of the agreement. However, the T&C clearly staes it could take 8-10 weeks AFTER the $250 in spending to show up. I guess I have been spoiled with the bonus miles posting right after the first statement closes on the personal cards.

Jim
Old Feb 13, 2008, 5:08 pm

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
Jim - last week had 20000 bonus miles from Biz card post after 1st statement, along with the 262 spending miles.

Did the spending miles post? If not, confirm with CITI that they used your correct AA account number and did not, in error, assign you a new AA account.

Daniel
Old Feb 13, 2008, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by forextrader
Jim - last week had 20000 bonus miles from Biz card post after 1st statement, along with the 262 spending miles.

Did the spending miles post? If not, confirm with CITI that they used your correct AA account number and did not, in error, assign you a new AA account.

Daniel
The spending bonus posted like clockwork on 1/11/08 but the 20k bonus did not so I know they have the right account number. AA and Citi are both fingerpointing at each other. AA did open a research ticket on this so hopefully it will reolve shortly. This was from the first and only Citi AA business card I have ever done. Never had any delay on any personal cards.

Jim
Old Feb 14, 2008, 5:44 am

If we go too crazy with this, we may ruin a good thing. Look what happened with the Chase cards.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CandymanJim
The spending bonus posted like clockwork on 1/11/08 but the 20k bonus did not so I know they have the right account number. AA and Citi are both fingerpointing at each other. AA did open a research ticket on this so hopefully it will reolve shortly. This was from the first and only Citi AA business card I have ever done. Never had any delay on any personal cards.
Jim
We are missing a bonus from a personal MC.

Spending miles posted promptly but bonus miles not, despite it was on Citi statement as being sent to AA. First Citi CSR said it was sent on 01/18 together with spending miles, but was unable to get to AA for conference call due to the long wait (8 minutes wait and she did not want to put us and herself on hold for this). Afterward we called AA. AA was able to get hold of Citi for a 3-way conference call - the second Citi CSR said NO, the bonus was not released, regardless what the statement said. This Citi CSR cited the T&C of 8 to 12 weeks after spending requirement being met. We were not able to open an investigation because this Citi CSR insisted it must be 12 weeks passed. We are in the 5th week now.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 1:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Have had two business bonuses+spending post to my/Mrs. aa accounts in the last couple of days(1 day after first statement). So at least we know it doesn't seem to be a broad problem with biz bonuses not posting.

Last edited by Ripper3785; Feb 14, 2008 at 1:23 pm
Old Feb 15, 2008, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Premier, *Wood, Marriott Silver Elite
I had a similar problem. I was told that there is a limit of 2 cards per 60 days. But if you apply for three cards on the same day, there is a chance you may get approved for all three. As per rep, it takes time to update the system (not instant), and all the information may not be available to app reviewer

Originally Posted by PDX_Roy
I received a letter rejecting my application for a Citi Visa today. In the past 60 days I have been approved for a Citi Amex and Citi MC.

"It is our policy to limit the number of credit requests that we process within a 60-day period. Our records show that you applied for credit with us within the past 60 days."

So for me the limit is 6 MCs/yr and 6 Amex/yr and 4 Business cards/yr.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
We are missing a bonus from a personal MC.

Spending miles posted promptly but bonus miles not, despite it was on Citi statement as being sent to AA. First Citi CSR said it was sent on 01/18 together with spending miles, but was unable to get to AA for conference call due to the long wait (8 minutes wait and she did not want to put us and herself on hold for this). Afterward we called AA. AA was able to get hold of Citi for a 3-way conference call - the second Citi CSR said NO, the bonus was not released, regardless what the statement said. This Citi CSR cited the T&C of 8 to 12 weeks after spending requirement being met. We were not able to open an investigation because this Citi CSR insisted it must be 12 weeks passed. We are in the 5th week now.
OK, something is definetly going on with Citi and AA. Now, while I am still waiting for my Business card bonus to post from 12/07 spending, I now have a personal card that closed 2/08/08 and the miles posted but no bonus. I have not recieved the paper statments yet, but the online one shows neither the spending nor bonus miles. My business card statement shows Citi gave them to AA and Citi says it is AA that is waiting to deposit them into my account. All this is making my accounting of cards much more complicated, especially since I dont want to cancel an account until the bonuses post.

Jim
Old Feb 15, 2008, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CandymanJim
OK, something is definetly going on with Citi and AA. Now, while I am still waiting for my Business card bonus to post from 12/07 spending, I now have a personal card that closed 2/08/08 and the miles posted but no bonus. I have not recieved the paper statments yet, but the online one shows neither the spending nor bonus miles. My business card statement shows Citi gave them to AA and Citi says it is AA that is waiting to deposit them into my account. All this is making my accounting of cards much more complicated, especially since I dont want to cancel an account until the bonuses post.

Jim
If you do not sign up for online statement, unlike the business card, the personal card online "statement" never shows the miles be it spending or bonus miles. You can only see it on the paper statement.

On our personal card (MC), the paper statement shows both miles but of course only the spending miles are posted. It has been almost a month now. AA said it never receives the bonus miles. First Citi CSR contacted said Citi sent it the same time statement closed, together with the spending miles. Second Citi CSR who together with the AAdvantage Agent and me, have had a 3-way conference call, she said the bonus has NOT released by Citi yet, and gave the spill about bonus miles will be sent 8-12 weeks after meeting the requirement blah blah blah. Only when it is still not posted after 12 weeks, Citi would open an investigation.

My guesstimate is, Citi is holding the bonus. AA has no reason to hold the bonus if it ever receives such. AA already receives the revenues from selling the miles. Citi is the one who pays for it and awards to the cardholder. Citi probably starts to enforce the T&Cs. Unfortunately, given Citi's track record, anything they attempt for a delay posting, it wound up never post automatically and it is up to the accountholders to vigorously follow up the matter.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA PLT (MM), UA 1K, Marriott Ti, IHG Diamond
FYI, citibank closed ALL my credit cards telling me I had "too many inquires" on my credit report... All the inquires except one were citibank hard pulls from my churning in the past few months (10 inquires)... They refused to re-open them... Beware...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.