Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Retroactive Due Date Change on Lost Card

Old Aug 14, 2007, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Former AA EXP/2M Lifetime now Blackballed UA Premier Executive PWP Bronze

I have a Citi AA MasterCard. My bill fell on 3rd-5th of each month until I lost my card. I paid my account in full last month via electronic transfer from my Citi checking account. A day or two after paying my statement before the due date, I reported my card lost. Because there is a 25 day cycle, I received a new date date at the end of the month for my new card. That's fine, but Citi retroactively changed my July statement due date to July 30th from August 3rd causing my already-received payment to be late.

The damage:

$39 late fee AND $50+ in finance charges.

Citi agreed to take these fees off (a request was submitted), but be aware of this if you lose your card. I'm sure everyone reviews their statements, but it's still a potential problem.

Sadly, I noticed there was a problem b/c my AA miles did not match my statement balance. Admittedly, that's not very good account reconciliation, but it worked.

Sam
Old Aug 14, 2007, 11:20 am

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, Merrill+, Citi AMEX Chairman
Originally Posted by Sam - DFW
I have a Citi AA MasterCard. My bill fell on 3rd-5th of each month until I lost my card. I paid my account in full last month via electronic transfer from my Citi checking account. A day or two after paying my statement before the due date, I reported my card lost. Because there is a 25 day cycle, I received a new date date at the end of the month for my new card. That's fine, but Citi retroactively changed my July statement due date to July 30th from August 3rd causing my already-received payment to be late.

The damage:

$39 late fee AND $50+ in finance charges.

Citi agreed to take these fees off (a request was submitted), but be aware of this if you lose your card. I'm sure everyone reviews their statements, but it's still a potential problem.

Sadly, I noticed there was a problem b/c my AA miles did not match my statement balance. Admittedly, that's not very good account reconciliation, but it worked.

Sam
That is a bit comical (given that it did not happen to me)

Everytime that they waste my time I try to make them do something for me... How about a 1,000 miles for the pain.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.