Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Platinum AMEX has been upgraded [includes 2011 conversion discussion]

Citi Platinum AMEX has been upgraded [includes 2011 conversion discussion]

Old Feb 8, 2008, 1:53 pm

Try telling the rep what your expedia account name is when calling for a redemption.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 4:34 pm

Somewhere in your expedia profile there is a place to add your TYP account number... I think it's in the same place you can add frequent flyer #'s.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IlliniDude
Somewhere in your expedia profile there is a place to add your TYP account number... I think it's in the same place you can add frequent flyer #'s.
There is no problem to add your TYP number to your Expedia Account. It is HOW TO ADD EXPEDIA.COM as your sponsor account at your TYP account.

I dont recall seeing my Expedia.com account shows up at TYP account even after I added the TYP account to my Expedia account. It only actually became a sponsor account when you booked something at Expedia.com and the TYP earned being sent to TYN account - it was until then I saw the Expedia.com account becomes the sponsor account of my TYP account.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 5:15 am

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
Originally Posted by Happy
There is no problem to add your TYP number to your Expedia Account. It is HOW TO ADD EXPEDIA.COM as your sponsor account at your TYP account.

I dont recall seeing my Expedia.com account shows up at TYP account even after I added the TYP account to my Expedia account. It only actually became a sponsor account when you booked something at Expedia.com and the TYP earned being sent to TYN account - it was until then I saw the Expedia.com account becomes the sponsor account of my TYP account.

1. Login to your expedia.com account.
2. Under account overview, go to ThankYou Network options and click on "Update your ThankYou account number".
3. Delete your ThankYou Network account number.
4. Hit "Accept these changes".
5. Go back to the Account overview.
6. Click on "Learn how to enroll in ThankYou Network".
7. Hit "Sign in" under "Have an Expedia Account".
8. It will take you to "Become a ThankYou Member" page. Fill in all the information as if you are signing up for ThankYou Network membership for the first time. Complete this process to generate a new ThankYou Network account number.
9. Go back to "Account overview" by clicking on "Account" at the top of the page and enter or update your newly generated ThankYou Account number into the "ThankYou Network options". In most cases, it should have already been updated automatically when you generate a new account number.
10. Copy this account number and go to you ThankYou Network account at www.thankyou.com and add this new account as one of the sponsor.
11. Bingo!

Last edited by jeelele; Feb 9, 2008 at 5:20 am
Old Feb 9, 2008, 10:16 am

You may have issues linking some older Expedia thank you accounts. Apparently some accounts are missing some information in order for the link to happen. At any rate, if you call the TYN CSR they can link the accounts right away. Takes about 5 minutes.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by motytrah
You may have issues linking some older Expedia thank you accounts. Apparently some accounts are missing some information in order for the link to happen. At any rate, if you call the TYN CSR they can link the accounts right away. Takes about 5 minutes.
Already called before posting here. The Expedia.com account is created last week, spankingly new. TYN CSR said No, no manual adding. The Expedia.com side would update the link to TYP account automatically, but would take a week to 2 weeks. We will see.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
Jeleel,

I followed your procedure for adding expedia and it worked like a charm. My question is do I now need to go back to expedia and give them my existing thankyou account number not the newly created one or will the newly created one automatically link to my existing thankyou account if I make a purchase on expedia.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Joe1690
Jeleel,

I followed your procedure for adding expedia and it worked like a charm. My question is do I now need to go back to expedia and give them my existing thankyou account number not the newly created one or will the newly created one automatically link to my existing thankyou account if I make a purchase on expedia.

You are all set. Nothing more needs to be done. Henceforth, all your TY points for Expedia.com purchases will automatically be transferred to your TY account.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jeelele
You are all set. Nothing more needs to be done. Henceforth, all your TY points for Expedia.com purchases will automatically be transferred to your TY account.
I am a little bit confused here - after the steps, I assume you merge the newly created TYN account to your existing TYN account and continue use the existing TYN account, right? And of course keep the existing TYN account number in the Expedia.com account profile, right?
Old Feb 9, 2008, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by jeelele
1. Login to your expedia.com account.
2. Under account overview, go to ThankYou Network options and click on "Update your ThankYou account number".
3. Delete your ThankYou Network account number.
4. Hit "Accept these changes".
5. Go back to the Account overview.
6. Click on "Learn how to enroll in ThankYou Network".
7. Hit "Sign in" under "Have an Expedia Account".
8. It will take you to "Become a ThankYou Member" page. Fill in all the information as if you are signing up for ThankYou Network membership for the first time. Complete this process to generate a new ThankYou Network account number.
9. Go back to "Account overview" by clicking on "Account" at the top of the page and enter or update your newly generated ThankYou Account number into the "ThankYou Network options". In most cases, it should have already been updated automatically when you generate a new account number.
10. Copy this account number and go to you ThankYou Network account at www.thankyou.com and add this new account as one of the sponsor.
11. Bingo!
Thank you. Now I just have to call TYN and find out if I will be eligible for fixed flights after 4/15/08
Old Feb 10, 2008, 6:40 am

I am a little bit confused here - after the steps, I assume you merge the newly created TYN account to your existing TYN account and continue use the existing TYN account, right?
Yes

And of course keep the existing TYN account number in the Expedia.com account profile, right?
No, keep the newly created TYN account number in the Expedia.com account profile.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 7:00 am

Again, has anyone been successful in getting their second card holder (spouse) signed up in Citi IdentityMonitor service for free? They seem to only let the primary card holder signup online. I called and got the run around.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by motytrah
Jeelele's method didn't work for me. Got stymied at step #7--no sign in area. I've had my TYN acct. for about 10 months. I'll call CSR & add my Exp. acct.

Thanks.

Last edited by philemer; Feb 11, 2008 at 7:33 pm
Old Feb 11, 2008, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Has anybody was successful in earning more then 75,000 points with this card? Maybe we should seek a legal help to dispute our arguments with Citi?

PS: anaggie, I feel sorry for you. Citi Amex customer service was not the best experience for me also. I still think it is a good value card for the first 2 years even with the cap of 75,000 points

Talk about sorry A** customer service, especially when one spends a good amount of money in ONE month.

I would rather earn the points with my Chairman card since the service is 100times better.

For example, I had taken 6 trips with my wife and child around India in December 2007, bought the tickets with my Chairman Card and neither Jet/Kingfisher post the routing with their charge.

I then faxed all the flight details to Chairman CSR on Jan 28 and then called back today. At first the CSR was confused, but she then told me that she would check into it in more detail and have a reply in 24hrs.

Approx 35mins later, she leaves a message on my cell phone stating that the Chairman center was wrong. She did see the fax and they will deposit all the flight points owed at the end of this month into my TY acct.

This is approx 30-40000 flight points owed to me and it will be deposited with one phone call and in the next billing cycle.

I understand that I am paying $400/yr for this card, but AMEX just makes you jump thru too many hoops to get the points.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 6:05 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by anaggie
... AMEX just makes you jump thru too many hoops to get the points.
It's all Citi, American Express isn't involved. Ihere are two vintages of the Citi Platinum American Express card. Older cards have a 75,000 point annual limit, and newer cards have the 150,000 point limit. I figure Citi has a system problem that doesn't allow them to reliably distinguish the accounts. What I don't understand is why they would not simply upgrade the old accounts.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.