Black Citi Diamond Preferred Rewards Card

Subscribe
Has anybody else seen this blakc diamond preferred rewards MC?? My brother just received it and I have not been able to find any information about it. The card it really nice though. It is all black with likelittle bumps all over it. Just wondering.
Citibank "Black' Mastercards
Their web site still shows the old ugly silver card
Quote: Has anybody else seen this blakc diamond preferred rewards MC?? My brother just received it and I have not been able to find any information about it. The card it really nice though. It is all black with likelittle bumps all over it. Just wondering.
Not quite as cool as the "black amex", or even as cool as the new titanium amex, but still a neat card.

Citibank has sporadically offered black hued cards, earliest I recall was their "Sony points" card back in the '90s. I have their "PremierPass", which is a cool looking black card with their Rewards and also their own flight point program (any airline), and supposedly some interesting travel services, but not much information is available from Citi on how I can use the service.

Citi just this week upgraded my oldest card (originally a Sony card), to what they call the "Citi® Diamond Preferred® Rewards World MasterCard®":

Aside from looking cool, the new card offers Concierge Service (free), travel insurance, etc.
Quote:

Citibank has sporadically offered black hued cards, earliest I recall was their "Sony points" card back in the '90s. I have their "PremierPass", which is a cool looking black card with their Rewards and also their own flight point program (any airline), and supposedly some interesting travel services, but not much information is available from Citi on how I can use the service.
Several of the Citi rewards cards work in conjunction with the Thank You Network (of which you will see a few very lengthy posts relating to here in this forum). If you have one of the Citi cards that earn "Thank You Points" rewards, you need to join the Thank You Network. You can do so at http://www.thankyounetwork.com

There is a FAQ at the Thank You website that might help answer some of your questions. Also, you will need to be aware of the terms and conditions of your particular card at the Citi site. For example, some of the cards have a maximum amount of points earned at 75,000 annually, while another might be 200,000. Also, some points expire with certain cards, and others do not.
Quote: ...they call the "Citi® Diamond Preferred® Rewards World MasterCard ... offers Concierge Service (free), travel insurance, etc.
The concierge etc are standard features of MasterCard "World" products. I believe the merchant transaction fees are higher on World and World Elite cards than on Platinum, Gold, or Standard Mastercard. It sounds as if Citi may be converting cards to increase revenue.
Quote: The concierge etc are standard features of MasterCard "World" products. I believe the merchant transaction fees are higher on World and World Elite cards than on Platinum, Gold, or Standard Mastercard. It sounds as if Citi may be converting cards to increase revenue.
I agree. World, Visa Signature, and World Elite seem to be just ploys to increase fees. I do no think that the transaction networks care about income or spend. They just want to issue everyone a higher-end card so that they can make additional trxn revenue. On the consumer-side, it provides an illusion of affluence and induces additional spending.
Quote: On the consumer-side, it provides an illusion of affluence and induces additional spending.
Hmmm, I find looking at our savings or retirement account balances has more impact on spending than the cards .
Quote: Hmmm, I find looking at our savings or retirement account balances has more impact on spending than the cards .
That is because you manage your finances based upon facts, not impulses.
Just got it
I get 5 points for every dollar I spend at grocery, gas, drugstore and now also at home improvement and furniture stores. I'm surprised that it is not offered on their website. I get more points so I'm happy w/it.