Search

New Thankyou Network website

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2005, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG PLT, PLT AMBASSADOR; *G
New Thankyou Network website

www.thankyounetwork.com

Now one can register multiple credit cards and a checking account under the same login on this website, and the points are combined. -- a very nice improvement.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 7:36 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K GS, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, Avis Chairman, Hertz PC, National EE
Looks like a move closer to American Express' Membership Rewards program. Overall a big improvement from the older program, which originally prohibited combining points from multiple accounts.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 9:32 am

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
I agree it that the website looks much better and I like the fact that you can combine points from multiple cards. To me it does appear to be closer to Amex's Membershipr Rewards program but also a mix of MBNA's worldpoints program. My guess is that when Citibank issues an American Express card sometime late in 2005 (if the timeframe is still the same from the 2004 press release) that this card might compete with the Membership Rewards programs. Also, I am wondering if the reason Citibank has slowly been changing their thankyou rewards programs is to get customers to switch to the American Express cards which will offer better point options (like the five points on SuperMarkets that the simplicity card does not offer; or the Diamond Preferred Card that now only offers 5 points for everyday spend for 12 months). This is just a guess but I like the new website.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CO Gold
I wonder whether TY points earned from a credit card remain in your TY account even after you close your credit card (assuming you have another credit card/checking account with TY points).

Also, I'll be curious to see how they manage PremierPass accounts (with the issue of needing to match flight points with purchase points). If you start with more purchase points than flight points, all of the purchase points get transferred to your TY account and are available to be spent. As you earn flight points later on, will the system be smart enough to realize that you have purchase points to match it with in your TY account? And if you already spent the points, will the system be smart enough to realize that they aren't there anymore so they shouldn't match it with new flight points?
Old Oct 24, 2005, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by acf573
I wonder whether TY points earned from a credit card remain in your TY account even after you close your credit card (assuming you have another credit card/checking account with TY points).

Also, I'll be curious to see how they manage PremierPass accounts (with the issue of needing to match flight points with purchase points). If you start with more purchase points than flight points, all of the purchase points get transferred to your TY account and are available to be spent. As you earn flight points later on, will the system be smart enough to realize that you have purchase points to match it with in your TY account? And if you already spent the points, will the system be smart enough to realize that they aren't there anymore so they shouldn't match it with new flight points?
I would think they just keep track of how much purchase points were transferred to the TY network in the past, and transfer flight points up to that amount. It will surprise me if they do something less simple.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K GS, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, Avis Chairman, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by aegean94305
I would think they just keep track of how much purchase points were transferred to the TY network in the past, and transfer flight points up to that amount. It will surprise me if they do something less simple.
That is exactly how they did it to my account into the new ThankYou Network website. I don't think it will be a major issue. The question to me is, will they still provide points for purchases that were returned to the merchant? For a while, I noticed that most of my returns on my card still showed at the end of the month with points, even though I made a return on the card.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

By the way, I think we can put to rest the speculation that one can match flight points to TY points from other accounts. It cannot be done with the current points transferring and combining mechanism of the TY website.

Last edited by aegean94305; Oct 24, 2005 at 6:23 pm
Old Oct 24, 2005, 6:47 pm

Programs: CO, AA, UA, DL
It looks like there are multiple citi cards all offering Thank You (TY) points. Are the redemption levels the same with each card? I believe a restricted ticket within the 48 is 25,000 points right?

What is your experience with Citi? Do they constantly downgrade the product like Capital One? From the sounds of the posts so far, they seem to be improving things.
Old Oct 24, 2005, 7:27 pm

You might want to double check. If I logon to Citicards web page and look at my statement online they report:

Flight Points Summary Points this Period

Beginning Flight Points 3462
Flight Points Earned What is this? 0.00
Flight Points Adjusted / Expired 0.00
Flight Points Transferred to ThankYou Account What is this? 218
Remaining Flight Points Balance 1731

Purchase Points Summary Points this Period

Purchase Points Earned What is this? 218
Select Spend Points What is this? 112.00
Special / Bonus Points What is this? 0.00
Purchase Points Adjusted What is this? 0.00
Total Purchase Points Earned 330
Purchase Points Transferred to ThankYou Account What is this? 330
Total Points Transferred to ThankYou Account What is this? 548

When I logon to my the New TY Network I had 18462 showing up. Then I tried to add my bank accout and I could not get it to linkt so I called the 800 number to get my TY account number so I could combine my 7200 TY I had from my Citigold account.

After I linked my Citigold account my balance went up to 27393. They added the pending 1731 flights points I had on my PP Elite when the system added 7200 TY points. Not sure if the fact my PP Elite is linked to my Citibank ATM was the differnce or not just think it odd that my total balance went up by 8931 which just happends to be the exact TY I have showing in my bank statement + pending flight points.

Last edited by dolmar; Oct 24, 2005 at 7:29 pm
Old Oct 24, 2005, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Question

Originally Posted by dolmar
You might want to double check. If I logon to Citicards web page and look at my statement online they report:

Flight Points Summary Points this Period

Beginning Flight Points 3462
Flight Points Earned What is this? 0.00
Flight Points Adjusted / Expired 0.00
Flight Points Transferred to ThankYou Account What is this? 218
Remaining Flight Points Balance 1731

Purchase Points Summary Points this Period

Purchase Points Earned What is this? 218
Select Spend Points What is this? 112.00
Special / Bonus Points What is this? 0.00
Purchase Points Adjusted What is this? 0.00
Total Purchase Points Earned 330
Purchase Points Transferred to ThankYou Account What is this? 330
Total Points Transferred to ThankYou Account What is this? 548

When I logon to my the New TY Network I had 18462 showing up. Then I tried to add my bank accout and I could not get it to linkt so I called the 800 number to get my TY account number so I could combine my 7200 TY I had from my Citigold account.

After I linked my Citigold account my balance went up to 27393. They added the pending 1731 flights points I had on my PP Elite when the system added 7200 TY points. Not sure if the fact my PP Elite is linked to my Citibank ATM was the differnce or not just think it odd that my total balance went up by 8931 which just happends to be the exact TY I have showing in my bank statement + pending flight points.
It's really interesting, and confusing. I keep not understanding several things here: first of all, why did they just transfer 218 flight points when your total purchase points earned is 330? secondly, you had 3462 beginning flight points, of them 218 were transferred to TY network, then shouldn't your remaining flight points be 3462-218=3244, instead of 1731? and finally, could you also tell us what are the numbers for Purchase Points Earned and Points Transferred to ThankYou Account under the 'lifetime' column? If the lifetime transferred points are more than twice the lifetime purchase points earned, then it does seem that they match transferred flight points to the points from other accounts. And it's surely a good thing!
I don't have enough flight points for my testimony yet. Waiting to hear others' experiences.

Last edited by aegean94305; Oct 24, 2005 at 9:02 pm
Old Oct 24, 2005, 9:10 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Expiry questions:

1) The website says that expiration policies apply but they don't give those policies *anywhere*. Do TY points ever expire?

2) Let's say I have 5,000 Citibank banking TY points, open a Premier Pass Elite card, get 15,000 points, open a Premier Pass Biz card, get 15,000 points, then later decide to cancel one or both of the Premier Pass cards... are all those credit card points, along with any flight points on them, gone when I cancel? Or are they transferred to a main "daveland" TY account where they remain despite the mechanism earned in?
Old Oct 24, 2005, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CO Gold
Originally Posted by daveland
1) The website says that expiration policies apply but they don't give those policies *anywhere*. Do TY points ever expire?
The wording they have in the T&C's is the end of the calendar year 3 years after the points were earned. So points earned in 2005 expire Dec 31, 2008.
Old Oct 25, 2005, 12:46 am

It's really interesting, and confusing. I keep not understanding several things here: first of all, why did they just transfer 218 flight points when your total purchase points earned is 330? secondly, you had 3462 beginning flight points, of them 218 were transferred to TY network, then shouldn't your remaining flight points be 3462-218=3244, instead of 1731? and finally, could you also tell us what are the numbers for Purchase Points Earned and Points Transferred to ThankYou Account under the 'lifetime' column? If the lifetime transferred points are more than twice the lifetime purchase points earned, then it does seem that they match transferred flight points to the points from other accounts. And it's surely a good thing!
I don't have enough flight points for my testimony yet. Waiting to hear others' experiences.

I took a flight from Los Angeles to Chicago I earned total of 3462 back in July. I guess between Aug and now I been able to redem all points except 1731. I had 218 dollars in purchases of which 112 where bonus points Ie supermarkets/gas stations ect. So they auto redem 218 points out of points I had left over to be redem as I truely only earned 218 points and 112 where bonus points which is why they only redem 218 not 330 hope that make sense. My guess is they are counting Banking points as earned points which is why when I combined my 2 account today they released the remaining 1731 points it seems.

My lifetime points are much higher than what I showed there but I redem points a couple of times already. Also you forgetting 1 thing. If you purchase 50K before taking a flight and then take a flight earn 20K flight points and purchase 0 they wont release flight points. Purchases points need to be earned after flight points are awarded or atleast before they used to make you do it.

The way it looks like to me is they are counting banking points as earned points which is a good thing. As anyone with a CitiGold account can get 14400 banking points easy a year. So you really could end up getting 30K points a year with as little as 300-400 purchases making your airline ticket free each year.

Daveland if you have a bank account with Citibank does not matter they open 1 TY account per account you have. If you cancel the account which the TY account is linked to you loose the points not redemed. Now there new systems lets you link accounts and combine points from more than 1 account. But the points are not really moved from 1 account to another just displays them in a pool of avalible points that can be redem. If you hit summary of account it shows you where points are stored and what the TY account number they are in is.
Old Oct 25, 2005, 8:00 am
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
www.thankyounetwork.com

Now one can register multiple credit cards and a checking account under the same login on this website, and the points are combined. -- a very nice improvement.
I re-logged on to the new site using my existing username and password (previously used to access credit card points), and no problem the info got carried over to this new one.

Problem is my existing username and password used for "checking account" access is also the same and the checking account points info has not been carried over.

I tried to add my checking account under Add Sponsor Account and it asks me to add 8 (EIGHT) digits account number while my Checking account number has 9 (NINE) digits.

Is this just me or someone else has the same problem?
Old Oct 25, 2005, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by kiam
I tried to add my checking account under Add Sponsor Account and it asks me to add 8 (EIGHT) digits account number while my Checking account number has 9 (NINE) digits.

Is this just me or someone else has the same problem?
I had the same problem. Call the 800 that shows up and they will give your TY point account number for your Checking account that is how I got mine to link correctly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.