If you are a Citigold member.

Old Jun 26, 2006, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
But the Premier Pass card has both flight points and non-flight points and they are combined with my two citigold account in a master account. The total given is for ALL points, but I imagine, somewhere in there they have a total of the flight points. ALL of my premier pass points (flight, and non-flight) get sent to the master account. Don't know how it all works in the end as I have never tried to get an award.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, Diners Club, Citi Chairman, AMEX Plat, Merrill+, SPG Gold, Marriott Slvr
Originally Posted by dgordon
But the Premier Pass card has both flight points and non-flight points and they are combined with my two citigold account in a master account. The total given is for ALL points, but I imagine, somewhere in there they have a total of the flight points. ALL of my premier pass points (flight, and non-flight) get sent to the master account. Don't know how it all works in the end as I have never tried to get an award.
Are you are spending more than you are flying? Yes, they all get transferred to the same Thank You account. However the flight points don't get transferred to the Thank You account if you haven't spent enough on your card.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood/Marriott Plat, Others of little note
Originally Posted by dolmar
I know I get charged $9.95 if i do the trade online via there web page and $14.95 if i call the 800 number. Last time I made a stock purchuse was last month so I know online they still charge me $9.95 for sure. I have friends who are also Citigold customers who do and do not get stock trades for the same price as me. They also dont get both AA Credit card and Diner Club card waived. They get one or the other waived but not both. Other friends get both cards waived just like me. Citibank will waive more fees and lower you stock trades based on your account size. If you come in with barely 100K dont except to get anything more than what is printed on there list of benfits. On the other hand if you come in with 500K you can and will get tons of fees waived above what is printed in there list of benfits.

They waivie for me the AA Platinum Select Private Visa Card with $125 Anunal fee but it has no milage cap at all. I have charged over $200K a year on it and i dont have any status with AA and all my miles have posted without a problem. I know this card was discounted tho back in like 98 or so was only offered I think to Citigold customers. They also waive my diners club card which is $95 a year. On top of that they waive the $65 fee on my AA premire mastercard debit card.

I know with Citigold the advisory you deal with and the size of your account also matters. Citigold offically charges for outgoing wire transfer but the guy I deal with at the bank has always been able to waive the fee for me. He also has waived many other fees for me in the past that Citibank normally charges.
Private Bank customers have all wire fees waived. Oddly, the private bank is not able to waive DC annual fee.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by happyvoid
To be a citigold member, can you upgrade your regular checking account or do you have to open a completely new account? Any benefits for doing either. Did you get any bonuses?
I got some bonus miles for signing up for the free AA debit card. Nothing else, though.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by icbkcnbjicc
Waived annual fee card of one:
Citi Premier Pass Elite Level card 75 value
Citi Diners Club Master card 95 value

If you were me, you will choice???
Even with UA out of the miles plan, I'd still take DC for the lounge access. I've used it all over the place. The lounge in Dubai is especially nice, and EVA in Taipei is pretty good (although you have to be flying on EVA to use it). The ones in Nairobi are terrible. Too bad the LHR ones aren't available any more.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 4:38 pm

You can upgrade a regular checking account to a citigold. One person told me no, but she was misinformed, and my Dad's checking account was upgraded keeping the same number and not needing to mess with direct deposits.
The old rules didn't say just one, so I already have a DC card and 3 AA Advantage Cards. I applied for the premium pass card, got my 15,000 bonus miles, and when the fee appeared I called saying the fee should be waived because of citigold and it was. So, don't be afraid to apply for both cards.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 3:12 pm

Just thought I would let people know Citibank has brought back there sweep account feature for thier Citigold and CitiPrivate checking accounts.

The way there sweep now works is it maintains $500 in your checking account and sweeps the balance into one of the following MMF which you choose:

CitiSM Cash Reserves 4.50% (full taxable)
CitiSM U.S. Treasury Reserves 4.14%(state income tax expemted)
CitiSM Tax Free Reserves 3.14%
CitiSM California Tax Free Reserve 3.04%
CitiSM Connecticut Tax Free Reserves 3.10%
CitiSM New York Tax Free Reserves 3.22%

All these rates are current as of 7/11/06 and may change on a daily bais based on market conditions so they could go up or down.

And you are paid 1.01% on the $500 that is left in your checking account at all times.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 4:03 pm

Is this a choice, or will all money left in the checking get 1%
Old Jul 13, 2006, 4:22 pm

Is this a choice, or will all money left in the checking get 1%

It is an option you can choose to leave your checking account the way you have it now. Not sure why you would as current account pays the following rates:

$0-10K - .88%
$10-25K 1.01%
$25k+ 1.88%

And if you choose for example CitiSM U.S. Treasury Reserves which pays 4.14% and is state income tax exempt while not FDIC insured dont think anyone here can say US T-Bills have any real risk of default either. So assuming you maintain on average $25K the new sweep option pays more than 2X current checking account rate on same balance with little or no risk.

The only catch is balances over $500 are sweept and balance below earns 1%. If you pick one of the tax-free options and you are in one of the higher tax bracket and live in a high tax state like NY, CA or CT where they offer local muni funds your Tax-equivalent yield is over 5% so it even better than manually sweeping your own money into E-savings account which only pays 5%.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by dolmar
i have been getting 1200 points for ever 1 year following products.

Citigold Checking
ATM - have to use it 1X per month(buy a coke at 7-11)
CD - $500 6 month cd @ 4.5%
Checking Plus(never used it 1X 0 balance)
E-savings account
Bill pay - send my self 5 check each month
Direct Deposit - move 5 bucks from ING in and out each month and it counts
I only have 6 products (exactly the same as yours except direct deposit) and looking for a 7th for the 1200 points/month . Does ANY electronic transfer in count as a direct deposit?
Old Aug 23, 2006, 8:06 pm

You could open a ready credit account - a line of credit, no charge if you never use it. Also, just having the debit card with your checking account gives you the first two - I believe even if you don't ever use it as a debit card. Or, a money market account also counts as a savings vehicle, even if you keep only a $1 in it. You only need 1 check payment to count. I forgot one month, and one citigold account got 300 less. I need to open a checking plus on that account in order to get the full 1200 points.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA PLT
You could open a ready credit account - a line of credit, no charge if you never use it. Also, just having the debit card with your checking account gives you the first two - I believe even if you don't ever use it as a debit card. Or, a money market account also counts as a savings vehicle, even if you keep only a $1 in it. You only need 1 check payment to count. I forgot one month, and one citigold account got 300 less. I need to open a checking plus on that account in order to get the full 1200 points.
Yes, I've got the CitiGold Checking, Debit Card, Savings, CD, Checking Plus, Bill Pay. Could do either Ready Credit or Direct Deposit for my 7th, but was wondering what exactly counts as Direct Deposit for Thank You points purposes.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 9:03 pm

I don't know and would like the answer myself. As a self-employed person, I don't get a "paycheck." I will ask when I go into the bank tomorrow. Whatever it might be, sounds quicker than getting checking plus on my one account that has only 6 items.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 9:24 pm

I don't know and would like the answer myself. As a self-employed person, I don't get a "paycheck." I will ask when I go into the bank tomorrow. Whatever it might be, sounds quicker than getting checking plus on my one account that has only 6 items.
Paypal or any other ACH transfer INTO the account should count (ING, etc). Does for my "The Citibank Account" account.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 8:22 am
Original Poster

If I link a chairman card of Citigroup to Citigold account. Whether the annual fee would be removed (Actually)? Although they can remove all PP EL; DC; AA and PP biz card annual fee.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.