Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citibank switched my card from Visa to MC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2002, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Citibank switched my card from Visa to MC

I got a letter in the mail yesterday. I did NOT ask to be switched, in fact I already have a MC for personal use,need to keep business use separate so I have the visa. I know there was a thread a while back but the search function won't work for me. If I call to say I don't want to switch will they leave it alone? Anything I can do? Thanks
Old Jun 22, 2002, 2:38 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum...ML/000236.html
Old Jun 22, 2002, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
thepilotswife, was your Citibank Visa expiring? Or, did they just replace your "perfectly good" Visa with a MC?
Old Jun 23, 2002, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the link upgrademe. And Mr Middleseat- No the card doesn't expire until the end of 2004. I don't want another MC!!! What a pain.
Old Jun 23, 2002, 3:54 pm

Same happened to me, call them and you can still get a Visa.
Old Jun 23, 2002, 8:27 pm

I called customer service to request a replacement card. The CSR asked if I would like to have a Visa in lieu of a MasterCard card. He listed reasons as to why I might want to switch. After listening to him, I said no thank you I'll keep my MasrterCard. He said OK I'll send it right out to you. My new card cam with a new expiration date of 2005. I'm just curious as to why they are trying to switch everyone over to Visa.
Old Jun 25, 2002, 4:38 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Always Travel Ready:
I called customer service to request a replacement card. The CSR asked if I would like to have a Visa in lieu of a MasterCard card. He listed reasons as to why I might want to switch. After listening to him, I said no thank you I'll keep my MasrterCard. He said OK I'll send it right out to you. My new card cam with a new expiration date of 2005. I'm just curious as to why they are trying to switch everyone over to Visa.</font>
?
you have this reversed
Old Jun 27, 2002, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

I called last night and the RUDE c.s. agent I spoke to told me there was no way to get VISA back, they aren't issuing any more Visa cards. Then I asked for the Sup, a very lovely person who kindly told me I could get my Visa back but that the MC had to be cancelled and a new card # issued, and I could't use the Visa I have if I cancel the MC, so I will use the Visa this week for Business and hopefully they can get me a new card quickly(doubtful). Then I can go about calling all of the autopay merchants(Hassle).
Oh, the Supervisor said she would be sure to discuss the original agents attitude with her!
Old Jun 27, 2002, 5:35 pm

Is this Citibank USA or the evil twin Citibank that is partnered with AA? They really do operate separately.
Old Jun 28, 2002, 3:39 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I think its some dispute over how much money the banks get to keep from Visa vs. Mastercard....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.