Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Prestige Metal Card?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by krazieman
Maybe I just don't like the weight, I have the CSR and AMEX PLTs in plastic. Going to request that I don't get a metal one for Prestige as well. Although who knows how much longer I'll keep it after my stay at the end of the month with a 4th night free.
Please update us, and let us know if they still provide plastic cards upon request.

Since the the CC number and the expiration date aren't changing on the newly-shipped metal cards, it seems we can keep using our plastic ones until the cards expire (or become lost). As long as we don't activate the new metal card, it should be OK?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:59 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by nall
Called and asked if they'd go ahead and send me a metal card now. CSR said no.
I'm wondering whether they are backed up right now. My account is showing that a replacement was initiated (not requested by me) on July 26 and it still has not shipped.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dw
I'm wondering whether they are backed up right now. My account is showing that a replacement was initiated (not requested by me) on July 26 and it still has not shipped.
My account is showing the replacement card was processed July 27th and has not yet shipped. I mean I don't really care... but at the same time I'm always wary with new credit cards "on their way" when I have significant travel days in the near future. Also, knowing Citi's IT prowess, I don't really trust their notifications at all...
Old Aug 4, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nesnith
Please update us, and let us know if they still provide plastic cards upon request.

Since the the CC number and the expiration date aren't changing on the newly-shipped metal cards, it seems we can keep using our plastic ones until the cards expire (or become lost). As long as we don't activate the new metal card, it should be OK?
The message from Citi does say your current card will remain active until you activate the new card, though not sure how long this would be the case.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 11:21 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nesnith

As per email from Citibank

A new card

You'll be receiving a first release Citi Prestige® metal card in the coming months. Please activate your new card immediately upon receipt. Your account number will be identical; however, your CVV and expiration date will change.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
As per email from Citibank
Oh, good catch! ^
Old Aug 6, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
My account is showing the replacement card was processed July 27th and has not yet shipped. I mean I don't really care... but at the same time I'm always wary with new credit cards "on their way" when I have significant travel days in the near future. Also, knowing Citi's IT prowess, I don't really trust their notifications at all...
I called Citi Friday asking about the status because I will be travelling and don't want the card sitting in the mailbox too long (or left at the door!). Rep put me on hold and then came back and said my card wouldn't ship until September.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 8:31 pm

My citi app says that the old card will remain active until the new one is activated.

So if we don't like the look we can just sock drawer it and keep using the old one
Old Aug 7, 2017, 8:50 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Citi Prestige cardholder since 2015.

My Citi app says the order was processed July 26 but it hasn't been shipped yet.

., Citi....???
Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by slivrflyr
My citi app says that the old card will remain active until the new one is activated.

So if we don't like the look we can just sock drawer it and keep using the old one
Thats my plan
Old Aug 7, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by 355F1
Citi Prestige cardholder since 2015.

My Citi app says the order was processed July 26 but it hasn't been shipped yet.

., Citi....???
citi being citi
Old Aug 14, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by SpeedRicer
The printed-on white font seems like it may wear easily compared to the flush silver printing on the plastic card.
So it's been about 2+ weeks now and the white lettering on the front is already showing signs of wear. I do use this card every day, but for those who don't like their name on the front, looks like it won't be on for long anyway...
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by SpeedRicer
So it's been about 2+ weeks now and the white lettering on the front is already showing signs of wear. I do use this card every day, but for those who don't like their name on the front, looks like it won't be on for long anyway...
They should have either laser engraved it like Amex does or sealed the printed lettering with a protective layer like on the back of the plastic version.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:10 pm

Called up on Saturday and asked where the card was since the citi app said it was "processed" back on July 26th. Rep replied they were going to be delivered on August 10th, then realized it was already past that date and said she would expedite a metal card.

Cards were delivered today and man are they crappy. My name on the front is crooked, "world elite" on the back isn't lined up, and they don't seem metal at all. I appreciate the fact that they're lighter than the CSP or amex plat, but it isn't much of an improvement over the plastic version.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by ocbrody
Cards were delivered today and man are they crappy. My name on the front is crooked, "world elite" on the back isn't lined up, and they don't seem metal at all. I appreciate the fact that they're lighter than the CSP or amex plat, but it isn't much of an improvement over the plastic version.
It surprised me that the card core was covered in black and not left as plain metal, it might elevate the look of the card. Eventually the printing and alignment of the logos will be fixed. I just wonder when the new Mastercard logo will finally be available for a WE Mastercard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.