Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking flight to Cancun

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2016, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Question Booking flight to Cancun

(apologies for my very basic questions...)

I have a basic business Citibank card with over 200,000 ThankYou points. I am booking flights for 2 from PDX to Cancun. When I priced it out on the ThankYou Rewards travel center the flights will cost 144,000 points. The flights are American Airlines.

I just learned recently about transferring points over to the airline directly and then booking reward travel. Would this be a better deal for these flights? If so, how do I find out exactly how many points to transfer over? Do I do this through the Rewards center?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 29, 2016, 3:31 pm

American Airlines is not a transfer partner of ThankYou points.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 5:31 pm

You need to look at their transfer partner's award availability. I see some flights for 25k/pp roundtrip if you were to transfer to AirFrance and use Delta.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 5:39 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by travelfam7700
I have a basic business Citibank card with over 200,000 ThankYou points.
As far as I know, to be eligible to transfer points to airlines or Hilton HHonors you need to have a Prestige or Premier card. Does your ThankYou Rewards account show the transfer option?
Old Aug 1, 2016, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

A belated thank you for the helpful responses. I will check to see if I can transfer the points, if not I will just book a regular reward ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.