Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige benefit and reward changes effective July 23, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oopl
7/16: New changes that will take effect on 7/23.
  • 4th night free bookable online at thankyou.com (benefit applied as discount at checkout)
  • Cash out TY at 1 cpp
  • metal card
  • 75,000 TY for $7,500 spend signup bonus

1. The following benefits will be changed effective July 23, 2017:

- Loss of AA Admirals Club Access (Effectively immediately if the account is opened on or after 09/01/2016. See Post 296.

- $0.0125 per each TY points for airfare redemptions at thankyou.com.

- Loss of Complimentary International & Domestic Golf

- 4th Night benefit will be based on the average nightly rate of your complete stay for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017. Taxes will no longer be included within the statement credit.

2. $100 Annual Fee Reduction will be extended to Citi Priority if you are currently a Citigold client and you are impacted by the increase in minimum balance and downgrade.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige benefit and reward changes effective July 23, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by mikesyr18
The bonus on this card is terrible... That's the original point.

Why spend $7,500 to get 75,000 bonus points? It's not even worth it. Hardly anyone even has a budget that's large enough to fulfill $7,500 + $450 (annual fee) in three months without carrying a balance.

If I can get 100,000 MR points by spending $5,000 or 50,000 UR points for spending $4,000 why bother getting this card? Sure you may have one specific transfer partner you're looking at, but instead of spending an additional $2.5-3.5 thousand, just save the extra money and get a different premium card instead. Build up your UR points while you can because recent rumors have pointed at changes coming to the program.
You bring up MR and UR, well I can't get CSR and Amex Plat, since I already got them. So what do i I do, sit on my hands and watch paint dry?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Not to mention reimbursable job-related travel and dining expenses.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by hiima
You bring up MR and UR, well I can't get CSR and Amex Plat, since I already got them. So what do i I do, sit on my hands and watch paint dry?
The bonus on this card is not very good.

You're spending 150%-nearly 200% more for a weak 75,000 point bonus.

Do we both agree with that...?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
The bonus on this card is not very good.

You're spending 150%-nearly 200% more for a weak 75,000 point bonus.

Do we both agree with that...?
I think the argument is that spending 150-200 percent more compared to cards that one is no longer eligible to receive a sign up bonus for makes the comparison moot.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:01 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I've never seen a card that makes you spend 7.5k to get an opening promotional bonus. 4k? Yes. 5k? Yes. But 7.5k? Nope.
See here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...0k-public.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...tions-max.html

Last edited by mia; Jul 24, 2017 at 6:06 pm
Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Regal Diamond
The BA card is $3K/50,000, with bonuses for $10K/25,000 and $20K/25,000 in the first year.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
And it's just not remotely true that "hardly anyone" has $7500+ in organic spend in three months, particularly when reimbursed business travel is part of the mix.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:04 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Understandable there because those are business cards.

I meant personal cards.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:24 pm
mia

... those are business cards.

I meant personal cards.
Not persuaded this is an important distinction, but Citi is not a big player in the small business market.

This is Citi's second personal card to offer 75000 for $7,500:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...0-90-days.html
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium

Whoever thought of that spending threshold should be fired.
The person who should have been fired was the one who decided to announce the reduction in benefits two weeks prior to the initial release of the Chase Sapphire Reserve.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
You're better off just saving the 7.5k and applying it towards your ticket instead. As I've stated, Citi's bonus requirement is ridiculous. It's at least 150% higher than the competing cards for the Prestige with less value in pretty much every way.

Getting 1.5 cents/mile x 75,000 = $1,125.00 through Singapore isn't worth it when you can just apply 7.5k towards your ticket and get a better card instead.
I'm spending money I would anyway so it's no loss
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
I hope everyone cuts the prestige and makes citi crap in their pants so they will offer me an amazing retention offer...! For me, prestige will remain a keeper. I have the $350 AF so really $100 AF after airfare credit, but that 3hr travel delay protection is well worth the $100 af, as well as the 4th nt free benefit, and I actually like their transfer partner options.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:00 am

Understandable there because those are business cards.

I meant personal cards.
... I think you are completely wrong...

$7.5k spend is extremely easy for a lot of people here, through spend or MS. Limitations on other cards/banks make this bonus worthwhile. Your situation isn't equal to everyones...

Last edited by mia; Jul 25, 2017 at 10:00 am Reason: Remove personal characterization.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:06 am
mia

Moderator action

A few posts have been edited or removed. Please do not include personal characterizations in your posts. Here is the rule:

If you have a difference of opinion with another member, challenge the idea — NOT the person. Getting personal with another member is not allowed. Personal attacks, insults, baiting and flaming will not be tolerated.

If another member gets personal with you, do not retaliate. Retaliation may well subject you to the same discipline. Instead, please use the 'Alert a moderator to this thread' button in the lower-left-hand-corner of each post, send a note explaining your concern to the moderator team, and leave it to them to handle.
If you find a poster's messages consistently intolerable, use the Ignore feature.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by maxmnx
Applied for the Prestige, even though I already have one- wanted the 75K TYPs. After dropping CL on my other cards (not the Prestige), I was approved. The CSR said that I have the 75K offer on my account. Never mentioned the existing Prestige. Going to cancel the 1st Prestige as soon as the 2nd Prestige arrives. Guess I could just do it today, but don't mind wasting 3 days of the 24 month clock.
Why cancel? Downgrade it to Preferred.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.