Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anyone used Prestige concierge to book hotel [MC World Elite benefits]?

Anyone used Prestige concierge to book hotel [MC World Elite benefits]?

Old May 29, 2016, 3:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond (challenge), SPG Gold, all else steerage
So frustrated in Citi Concierge and their ability or willingness to book this rate. I'm working with them on a 4 night stay at the Park Hyatt Toronto, which is shown on both concierge.citi.com and the MCWE hotel and travel website. Two separate phone calls yielded nothing. It seems they only want to dig as deep as the hotel's website, and of course these amenities are not found there. I emailed links for both websites to the concierge, in the hope they can see what it is I'm trying to describe over the phone.

Any other tips to help me book the amenities and the fourth night free?
Old Jun 1, 2016, 5:17 pm

I agree - this program is maddening. My husband and I just got this card, and the welcome booklet references these special benefits, but when you call, no one has any idea what you're talking about.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 8:39 pm

Citi Prestige - 4th night free & Mastercard perks?

I've been using the travel.mastercard.com website to find pricing and which hotels are part of the MasterCard Luxury Hotels and Resort portfolio.

Anyway, I find one that is part of the MasterCard portfolio and it has the free breakfast and a decent price. I call the concierge and she informs me of a different price than the MasterCard website, and I am unable to get the LHR perks as well as the 4th night free.

This winter I stayed in two different hotels in Canada, received the 4th night free as well as the free perks since they were associated with the MasterCard Luxury Hotels & Resorts. (IE Free breakfast/$50-100 food/spa voucher, etc). So I'm just curious if anyone else has had issues recently if the individual doesn't know what they are saying.

Thank you.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 10:44 am

Here is my recent experience:

Yesterday I booked a four night stay at Andaz Maui which includes:
Daily full breakfast for 2, 100 USD spa treatment credit per room per stay, Upgrade, subject to availability, Early check-in and Late check-out, subject to availability. The rate is listed as "Ensemble Travel" and is the same price as the "Standard" rate on the Hyatt website (which does not include the benefits). I was told the benefits cannot be stacked with discounted rates such as AAA or member rates.

When speaking with the Concierge representative, I mentioned the "Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection" which can be found on the Citi Concierge website, and includes pretty much the same benefits as MasterCard. I'm not sure if the benefits are related to being a Citi/Prestige or MasterCard cardholder, but in the end it didn't matter because I am both (but probably Citi/Prestige as mentioned in an earlier post). In the Terms of Use on the Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection page, "Ensemble Travel Group" is referenced, hence the rate code.

Additionally, I am "eligible to receive a complimentary fourth night as an exclusive Prestige benefit," verified by both Concierge representative and confirmation email.

Prior to booking, I emailed Concierge asking for a list of hotels on Maui that are part of the Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection. There are many other included properties not listed on the Concierge website, for example the Hyatt Regency (which I also booked for four nights with fourth night free, but with a AAA rate instead).

tl;dr
Search the Concierge website to see if the property you want to stay at is listed under the Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection. If not, email Concierge and ask them for a list of included hotels in the area you are traveling, which may include your desired hotel. Call Concierge to book and reference the Case Id from prior email communication or Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection or Ensemble Travel Group, and hope the representative can find the rate. Verify the rate, included benefits, and fourth night free.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by aptmowe
Here is my recent experience:

Yesterday I booked a four night stay at Andaz Maui which includes:
Daily full breakfast for 2, 100 USD spa treatment credit per room per stay, Upgrade, subject to availability, Early check-in and Late check-out, subject to availability. The rate is listed as "Ensemble Travel" and is the same price as the "Standard" rate on the Hyatt website (which does not include the benefits). I was told the benefits cannot be stacked with discounted rates such as AAA or member rates.

When speaking with the Concierge representative, I mentioned the "Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection" which can be found on the Citi Concierge website, and includes pretty much the same benefits as MasterCard. I'm not sure if the benefits are related to being a Citi/Prestige or MasterCard cardholder, but in the end it didn't matter because I am both (but probably Citi/Prestige as mentioned in an earlier post). In the Terms of Use on the Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection page, "Ensemble Travel Group" is referenced, hence the rate code.

Additionally, I am "eligible to receive a complimentary fourth night as an exclusive Prestige benefit," verified by both Concierge representative and confirmation email.

Prior to booking, I emailed Concierge asking for a list of hotels on Maui that are part of the Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection. There are many other included properties not listed on the Concierge website, for example the Hyatt Regency (which I also booked for four nights with fourth night free, but with a AAA rate instead).

tl;dr
Search the Concierge website to see if the property you want to stay at is listed under the Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection. If not, email Concierge and ask them for a list of included hotels in the area you are traveling, which may include your desired hotel. Call Concierge to book and reference the Case Id from prior email communication or Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection or Ensemble Travel Group, and hope the representative can find the rate. Verify the rate, included benefits, and fourth night free.
Most times when I look for hotels which have benefits through MasterCard World Elite, the rate is a lot higher than just booking a standard room - which then makes the free breakfast, credits, etc. kind of useless as the cost of the hotel is much higher...

For example, when I was looking at a 4-night stay at a hotel in San Francisco, it was $900 for a standard stay, but $1,200 for the MasterCard WE rate...so it wouldn't make sense to pay $300 more to get free breakfast for 2 people, along with the possibility of late check-out, early check-in, and upgrade.

So is the rate for LHR that same as a standard stay, but with the added benefits? Or is it higher to "offset" the "benefits"?
Old Jun 27, 2016, 9:11 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by smurov
Most times when I look for hotels which have benefits through MasterCard World Elite, the rate is a lot higher than just booking a standard room - which then makes the free breakfast, credits, etc. kind of useless as the cost of the hotel is much higher...

For example, when I was looking at a 4-night stay at a hotel in San Francisco, it was $900 for a standard stay, but $1,200 for the MasterCard WE rate...so it wouldn't make sense to pay $300 more to get free breakfast for 2 people, along with the possibility of late check-out, early check-in, and upgrade.

So is the rate for LHR that same as a standard stay, but with the added benefits? Or is it higher to "offset" the "benefits"?
The rate is typically the same as the best available rate... Often there are lower rates available;ie promotions or non refundable rates....

FDW
Old Mar 22, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
The rate is typically the same as the best available rate... Often there are lower rates available;ie promotions or non refundable rates....

FDW
More examples would be helpful as well as whether it can be combined with the Prestige 4th night free program.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 7:41 pm

Concierge (Aspire Lifestyles) Hotel Partners

Does anyone know how to look up whether the Concierge (Aspire Lifestyles) is booking a hotel with "Luxury Amenities". I booked a room through the Concierge and was told that the Langham was a partner hotel and that I was eligible for free breakfast and a hotel credit during my stay. The confirmation came in and there was no mention of it so I called back to confirm and they told me I didn't book an eligible room.

I was hoping it would be similar to Amex FHR or Chase LHR where I look up a hotel and can see if there is a special offer and the confirmation email shows those benefits.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:44 pm

yes they can. Often it's the set of hotels that MasterCard's World Elite gets access to.

It is similar to Amex FHR / Chase LHR, but it does cost more than a regular room night often. Like $100 more. Great for short stays, crappy for longer stays.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.