Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards (2015)

Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL, US, VX, InTouch, HHonors, Avis Preferred

Was going to post this on the offers thread, but that was closed yesterday. Just wanted to give a heads-up that I received an offer in the mail (so, no link) bumping the current best 50k offer up to 60k. Same spend, AC passes and fee waiver.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 9:29 am

Good deal. I just got one for the AA Citi Exec card for 60k miles too
Old Nov 20, 2014, 9:35 am

There have also been reports of AA Personal Gold cards with 60K bonuses. So I guess check your mail. Except for me, I never get these offers.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 10:56 am
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by IkeEsq
There have also been reports of AA Personal Gold cards with 60K bonuses. So I guess check your mail. Except for me, I never get these offers.
me either ... damnit banks, SEND ME some good offers.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 4:38 pm

Both my college aged kids receive the targeted offer for 60K, though they won't be approved with limited credit history and income.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by mmdough
Both my college aged kids receive the targeted offer for 60K, though they won't be approved with limited credit history and income.
I would double check that. They may very well be approved
Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:55 am

Signing up for both Gold and Platinum AAdvantage offers

Hi

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask. I received the targeted 50k + 10k Citi AAdvantage Gold card offer, as referenced in this thread. Can I apply for that offer, and then apply for the publicly available 50k Platinum Card offer and receive the sign up bonus for both?

I'm new to AAdvantage cards, but I assume similar dual offers have existed in the past. Does anyone have any experience doing so? The only relevant post I found in the search was from 2004.

bonus question: What are the chances I will receive a targeted platinum card offer above 50k?

thx
Old Nov 29, 2014, 1:30 pm

Citi Platinum AA card 50k AA miles + benefits.

Good deal?
Old Nov 29, 2014, 8:23 pm

A little more than 2 months ago I got a targeted offer for 50K on the plat. Of course right after I applied, they came out with 50K along with admirals club passes. Spoken to few reps, and they said they won't be able to get me those passes.

Now, I have a targeted offer for the GOLD MC version with 60k bonus miles. Everything is the same except for free checked baggage and priority boarding.

W T F! I hate these targeted offers because you never know what's going to come next.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 8:40 pm

How to get Citi to match better offers that they sent me?

Back in September, I got a targeted offer for 50k on the plat. I applied, and got approved. Of course soon after they decided to have that offer along with 2 free admirals club passes available to the public. I have been trying to get those passes, but they kept saying no.

Today, I got a offer for the Gold version with 60k bonus miles. Everything is the same except priority boarding and free checked baggage. As you know you can only get one bonus every 12-24 months. So I can't apply for the Gold version.

Is there anyways to get Citi to match these offers?? I would gladly settle for either the free admirals club passes or 10K extra miles.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 7:41 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
I have been trying to find a current thread for this too. Over in the citi forum there is this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...ost-first.html
But it was "closed for restructuring" last week, and the only live threads I see are for different cards like Executive AAdvantage. Can the moderators help?
Old Nov 30, 2014, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by benny08
A little more than 2 months ago I got a targeted offer for 50K on the plat. Of course right after I applied, they came out with 50K along with admirals club passes. Spoken to few reps, and they said they won't be able to get me those passes.

Now, I have a targeted offer for the GOLD MC version with 60k bonus miles. Everything is the same except for free checked baggage and priority boarding.

W T F! I hate these targeted offers because you never know what's going to come next.
Try to apply
most likely it's a pre approved offer
this way if approved you can get bonus twice

Gold and platinum cards are considered different products
Old Nov 30, 2014, 8:22 am

Programs: DL-Polished Aluminum, Air Mobility Command-Chartreuse
Originally Posted by mmdough
IIRC there's been mention of sanctions to banks who offer but then decline.

http://creditcardforum.com/blog/pre-...-credit-cards/

I'd check to see if this was considered a 'firm offer of credit' vs. an 'Invitation to Apply'.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 10:06 am

General concensus was that it's an OK deal but we've seen much better.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 11:57 am

Never mind. Spoke too soon

Yes, it is closed
no idea why or for how long

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.