Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Report Citi Prestige Success/Fail $250 airline expense reimbursements (2015-2018).

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2016, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: frudd38
Credit appears on the billing statement for the month the fee/charge hit. It is not an instantaneous credit that you'll see in the account online, it only applies at close of statement.

The year your purchase counts against is based on the statement date, not date of purchase. Tickets purchased late in the year, especially in December, will almost certainly count against the benefit in the following calendar year. Do not wait until the end of the calendar year to use your credits!

Summary of reimbursement options by airline

Please edit the wikipost to add your specific knowledge of airlines.

Aer Lingus: Tickets work
Air Asia: Tickets worked booked on airline site.
Air Canada: Tickets (via travel agent) work. Bag fees work
Air France: Award fees work
Alaska Airlines: Tickets work. In-flight food does not. Gift certificates do not.
Allegiant: Tickets work, with effort.
Atlantic Airways: Tickets work.
American Airlines: Gift certificates work. Status challenge payment works. In-flight food works. Tickets Work Baggage Fees at Airport works.
ANA: Award taxes
Avianca: Upgrade fees work.
British Airways: Tickets work.
Cebu Pacific: Tickets and bag fees work.
China Airlines: Tickets work.
Delta: Bag fees work. Tickets work. Gift cards work.
Emirates: Gift shop purchases work.
Etihad: Award taxes/fees work
EVA: Sky Shop
Frontier: Ticketing online works 6/18/17
Hawaiian: Bag fees work.
JetBlue: Bag fees work. Tickets work.
KLM: Tickets work.
Korean Air: Ticket (via travel agent) works.
Lufthansa: Tickets work.
Malaysia Airlines: Tickets Work
Qatar Airways: Tickets work.
Turkish Airlines: Tickets work. Upgrade fees work.
Southwest: Gift certificates work. Award fees work. In-flight meal purchases do not work.
Sun Country: Tickets work.
Thomas Cook Airlines: flight from UK to USA, priced in GBP, worked
United: Gift certificates work. Tickets work.
Virgin Atlantic: taxes+YQ for award ticket worked
Points + Cash booking via TY portal: Yes, after manual request.
Print Wikipost

Report Citi Prestige Success/Fail $250 airline expense reimbursements (2015-2018).

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2016, 7:13 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
.... It says in the wiki that "the date of purchase" does not matter.
Read the entire paragraph. The STATEMENT date determines the year in which the credit is generated. Read the second sentence to understand the circumstance in which this will matter.

The year your purchase counts against is based on the statement date, not date of purchase. Tickets purchased late in the year, especially in December, will almost certainly count against the benefit in the following calendar year. Do not wait until the end of the calendar year to use your credits!
Old Sep 27, 2016, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
My statement just closed and I can add that upgrade fees (via bid for upgrade) on Avianca work for the credit. Used up the $250 and the 50k bonus hit my points balance. Good statement, all in all.

Interestingly, the transaction billed as "Avianca Montreal CAN". When I googled Plusgrade it says they have an office in Montreal.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 12:56 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Got the $250 credit the next statement cycle after using the card to purchase a Delta ticket for $2,000 in J YVR-ZAG
Old Oct 5, 2016, 12:00 am

I read that we can book refundable airfares and cancel after the charge posts, and will still get the credit. But will I get the $250 credit even if the booking is cancelled before the credit posts? Or should I wait for the $250 credit first?
Old Oct 5, 2016, 12:09 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I read that we can book refundable airfares and cancel after the charge posts, and will still get the credit. But will I get the $250 credit even if the booking is cancelled before the credit posts? Or should I wait for the $250 credit first?
Hmmm... that's a good question
Old Oct 7, 2016, 6:41 pm

Got an offer for 2500 TYP if spend $250 on hotel/air/rental car/amusement park on Sears card.

Would it be a good assumption that Citi uses the same categorizations across its card family? So whatever works for the Prestige air credit should work for this bonus?

Cheers
Old Oct 7, 2016, 7:25 pm
mia

Originally Posted by CrownRoyalForever
Got an offer for 2500 TYP if spend $250 on hotel/air/rental car/amusement park on Sears card.
Sears cards earn ThankYou Points?
Old Oct 8, 2016, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Sears cards earn ThankYou Points?
Yes, earlier this summer my Citi Sears MC was changed to earn TYPs. I still never used it but now they sent me the offer mentioned above and also an offer for 10x on grocery/gas/restaurants for Q4.

Cheers
Old Oct 13, 2016, 1:19 pm

Got the $250 credit after spending $250 at www.aa.com for an AA virtual gift card.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1MM
$50 Delta gift card reimbursed.

Cash balance of flight paid with points+cash on the ThankYou travel portal NOT reimbursed. Charge posted as TRIPCHRG.COM Other TravelTRAVEL AGENCY AND TOUR OPERATORS.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 1:47 pm

Anyone else have success purchasing Southwest Gift Cards besides the DP from 2015?
Old Oct 18, 2016, 4:26 pm

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Kpoxa
I searched but couldn’t find the answer in this thread. I plan to purchase AA ticket through TY portal for 55000 points + $300 in cash. Will it trigger $250 airline annual credit?
This did not work for me. When you use Citi's travel service it does not "code" as an airline purchase. I got an apology and 2000 points, but no credit.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 7:55 pm
mia

Welcome to Flyertalk.

Originally Posted by ksrees
When you use Citi's travel service it does not "code" as an airline purchase.
This is accurate. The benefit requires making a purchase from an airline. You are making a purchase from a travel agency. It may well be partial payment for an airline ticket, but it's not a purchase from an airline.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 11:01 pm

I see that AAward taxes aren't listed in the wiki: are they a non-refundable item or nobody has tried yet?
Old Oct 19, 2016, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by honu
I see that AAward taxes aren't listed in the wiki: are they a non-refundable item or nobody has tried yet?
Aug. 15, 2016 Congrats! Citi Air Travel Credit -$ 11.20

$5.60 x 2 tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.