Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another "will I be approved" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)

My current FICO score (per Discover card, which I believe is true FICO) is 833. Said discover goes back to 1996 with a CL of $13K and $0 balance reported, a Citibank AA MC from 1994 with a CL of $35K and $0 balance reported, an Amex Platinum from 1986 with $0 reported, a Delta AX Platinum backdated to 1986 with a CL $28K and $2K reported (though paid in full every month), and a Chase Visa from Jan 2015 with a CL of $22K and $20K reported (it's a 0% intro thing, which expires in May 2016 and which will be paid off in Feb 2016, just a place to park a large expense interest free).

There are also a few car loans, all with $0 balance and paid as agreed, some closed Visa and MC cards all with $0 shown as closed by me and paid as agreed, a few mortgages which have been paid as agreed and $0 balance and a current mortgage with seven years left and a balance of $80K and paid as agreed.

Given the above, what are the chances that I will be approved for a Citi MC app (the Thank You Premier in particular)?

Besides the HP in January for the aforementioned Chase Visa, there is another HP from March of last year. No other hard pulls.

Obviously it shows healthy credit practices, except for that one card that's almost to the limit. That's the one that worries me as far as approvals go.

Thanks.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:14 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....

Not sure what you worry about my guess is " no problem@
Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
My current FICO score (per Discover card, which I believe is true FICO) is 833. Said discover goes back to 1996 with a CL of $13K and $0 balance reported, a Citibank AA MC from 1994 with a CL of $35K and $0 balance reported, an Amex Platinum from 1986 with $0 reported, a Delta AX Platinum backdated to 1986 with a CL $28K and $2K reported (though paid in full every month), and a Chase Visa from Jan 2015 with a CL of $22K and $20K reported (it's a 0% intro thing, which expires in May 2016 and which will be paid off in Feb 2016, just a place to park a large expense interest free).

There are also a few car loans, all with $0 balance and paid as agreed, some closed Visa and MC cards all with $0 shown as closed by me and paid as agreed, a few mortgages which have been paid as agreed and $0 balance and a current mortgage with seven years left and a balance of $80K and paid as agreed.

Given the above, what are the chances that I will be approved for a Citi MC app (the Thank You Premier in particular)?

Besides the HP in January for the aforementioned Chase Visa, there is another HP from March of last year. No other hard pulls.

Obviously it shows healthy credit practices, except for that one card that's almost to the limit. That's the one that worries me as far as approvals go.

Thanks.
It's the total used as a part of the total credit; that one card by itself shouldn't necessarily sink you.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:27 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
Ummm - from what you report - 99.99%
Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by isle-hawg
Ummm - from what you report - 99.99%
You are not correct. The odds are 99.999999999%
Old Jul 6, 2015, 8:21 pm

Programs: Chase Ultimate, Amex, Delta, AA, BA Avios, United, US Airways, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by fliesdelta

Brah...do you even churn?

But seriously, you should be good to go, unless you are were banned by Citi before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.