Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Request for IRS Form 4506-T: Advice Sought

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Request for IRS Form 4506-T: Advice Sought

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:24 am

Programs: AGR S+, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
And if you max them out Chase will give you a nice phone call. I got those once when taking advantage of 0% balance transfer which amounts to 80% of my annual income.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 8:31 am
Suspended

Why do you have 8 Citi cards!? Why are you paying annual fees on multiple AA branded cards? There is no reason to have multiple AA Executive cards, an Amex version and a couple Bronze Versions.

You only need like 2 total Citicards.

Last edited by FriscoHeavy; Feb 21, 2015 at 8:33 am Reason: Wrong card named.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cslovacek
Why do you have 8 Citi cards!? Why are you paying annual fees on multiple AA branded cards? There is no reason to have multiple AA Executive cards, an Amex version and a couple Bronze Versions.

You only need like 2 total Citicards.
Who ever said they had those Exec cards for more than a year? (The person who said they 2 said they were closing them soon. I'm sure they had them much less than a year.)

And who ever pays annual fees on a non-Exec Cit card??? Look:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...all-cards.html

And do you not understand that closing Citi cards at the wrong time can now hurt you (due to new offers saying you can't get a new card if you opened or closed the same card in the last 18 months)? Citi sometimes is better at giving you a new card if you have the previous one of the same type open than if you close the previous one of the same type first.

The person you were referring to doesn't "have" these cards, they churned those cards, and haven't yet closed them. They're not keeping them open for years.

The reason to get these cards is to get more signup bonus miles. But once you get them, you have them, until you close them. So that's the reason to have 8 Citi cards, because you recently got 8 signup bonuses!
Old Apr 28, 2015, 6:16 pm
umc

Responding to Citi's request for tax transcript 4506-T

I applied for the Citi Premier card last week, and was requested to complete and mail in form 4056-T. On the form, it says that by submitting the form I authorize Citi to request my credit report again. I don't want to get another credit inquiry. Has anyone ever got through this verification process without another inquiry? I offered to mail in the tax transcript I requested online from IRS, but Citi rep said that they want the transcript directly from IRS and they will pull another credit report after they get the transcript.

This seems a bit too much for this card. I am not sure if I should proceed and mail in the completed form. I don't really want to get a denial for going through all this. My income on my tax transcript almost matches ($2000 difference) what I put in for my application. If anyone has any advice/experience, I appreciate it.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by umc
I applied for the Citi Premier card last week, and was requested to complete and mail in form 4056-T. On the form, it says that by submitting the form I authorize Citi to request my credit report again. I don't want to get another credit inquiry. Has anyone ever got through this verification process without another inquiry? I offered to mail in the tax transcript I requested online from IRS, but Citi rep said that they want the transcript directly from IRS and they will pull another credit report after they get the transcript.

This seems a bit too much for this card. I am not sure if I should proceed and mail in the completed form. I don't really want to get a denial for going through all this. My income on my tax transcript almost matches ($2000 difference) what I put in for my application. If anyone has any advice/experience, I appreciate it.
I applied for the Prestige card early Feb and received the same request for 4056-T in the mail after a couple of weeks. My income on the tax form was pretty much on spot with what I put on the application form. In the end, I was approved for the card around Mar 20th so I think it had been 6 weeks from my initial app in Feb. My credit reports from Credit Sesame/Capital One/Quizzle all show the credit pull in Feb but none in Mar so I assume that the initial pull was enough.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 5:16 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
how many people get chosen from this?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by happyvoid
how many people get chosen from this?
I apply for several Citi cards a year. The past two years on one of my apps during the summer, I was given a 4506-T. None for the other apps the rest of the year. And I've been churning Citi cards for over a decade. This started after I moved (after not moving for almost 20 years) and changed to a UPS Store mailing address (because of lack of security at the mailbox in my new location); I don't know if that had anything do with that or if the timing of the 4506-T's was just a coincidence.
Old May 2, 2015, 5:01 pm

I just got hit with a request for a 4506-T as well. I've had 10+ citi cards and this is the first time that it's happened. I'm wondering if I don't send it in if they will keep asking for it on future applications?
Old May 2, 2015, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by jasonz9238
I just got hit with a request for a 4506-T as well. I've had 10+ citi cards and this is the first time that it's happened. I'm wondering if I don't send it in if they will keep asking for it on future applications?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24238498-post2.html
That's a post of someone saying they ignored it and got approved a few months later.
Old May 2, 2015, 11:12 pm
umc

I mailed in my completed 4056-T. In addition, I just applied for the same card for my spouse, and I used the same income that I put in for my application. I did this on purpose to see if my wife would get the same 4056-T form, but she did not. Even though my spouse's application did not get instant approval, she was approved after a quick call. Before being approved for this card, her credit line with Citi is a few thousands less than mine. So, I think I might have have the credit limit with Citi. I'll update my result here.
Old May 26, 2015, 12:43 am
umc

approved

My application was finally approved today. I submitted my application on April 20th. It took more than a month for Citi to approve me for a low CL of 2k. I was a bit worried after receiving the 4056-T form. I'm glad that I was approved after Citi reviewed my tax transcript. I don't see any additional credit inquiry yet.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 8:55 pm

Request for IRS form 4506-T

Applied for Citi Premier Mastercard and they requested a copy of my tax return.
Is this becoming more common ?
Old Jun 1, 2015, 11:05 pm
umc

Originally Posted by BakerStreet
Applied for Citi Premier Mastercard and they requested a copy of my tax return.
Is this becoming more common ?
You can take a look at this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...ranscript.html

I was also requested to mail in a copy of my tax transcript, and I was approved in the end.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 12:38 pm

Anyone have Citi mailing addressed from recent 4506-T form?

So, I applied for a Premier Card, and am getting the 4506-T form to send back to Citi so they can in turn send to IRS for income verification. no biggie, I've done them before.

I actually did this about 6 months ago but failed to make copies of the form and the envelope address before I sent them back.

Since it usually takes them about 10 days to get it to me, I figured I'd try to shorten the process and make my own version (I know what they look for and what they ask on it; plus I have my Application ID for a cover letter), but I need to know the address and phone number they currently have on Line 5 and the address on the mailing envelope they supply to send it back to them.

If anyone has received a recent copy from Citibank, please let me know. CSR's are helpless on getting this.

Trying to see if I might be able to beat the 30 day window to avoid a hard pull and get approved for the card so I can claim credits this year.

Thanks.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA, UA, & JB. Hyatt, Fairmont, IHG, Hilton & SPG
4506-T request from Citibank... 2 credit pulls for one stinkin card?

I read up and realize (thankfully) that I'm not the first to get a request for a 4056-T from Citi: [Responding to Citi's request for tax transcript 4506-T](http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...pt-4506-t.html), [Does 4506T Requirement = Reached Exposure Limit?](http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...ure-limit.html), and [Anyone have Citi mailing addressed from recent 4506-T form?](http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...06-t-form.html).

Nonetheless, I still need a little advice. My Experian score was 721 the day I applied, and I had 3 inquiries on TU, 3 on EQ, and 8 on EXP. Only 3 of the Experian were in the last 12 months (2/15, 3/15, and 8/15).

Citi pulled Experian, and the reconsideration rep said I would be receiving something in the mail. An hour before I applied for the Citi card, I applied for the Amex Plat (100k bonus) & Amex Everyday (30k bonus) and got approved for both (!).

Amex also pulled Experian, so now my most recent Experian has 10 inquiries, with 5 in the most recent 3 months (1 from amex and 1 from Chase). This is the first Citi card I've ever applied for, so I'm a little confused as to why they asked for the 4509-T!

Also, probably of most importance, I listed an annual income of 65k which doesn't really jive with my most recent tax returns. I am currently self-employed (freelance programmer/developer), and my gross income for 2015 was only 42k. (I quit my job in June to teach myself programming and take a stab at the whole startup thing). My income for 2014 was only about 40k as well, I worked part-time my 2nd semester of college and didn't start my full-time until mid-July.

1. I haven't filed my 2015 taxes yet, so would they only be able to get a 2014 4506-T? I'm not exactly sure how 4506-T's work, but would love if anyone over here could opine.
2. Am I gonna get screwed for putting 65k on the application? I read other people getting nervous that they were off by 2-3k, but my case is a LOT different (~20k). If I end up only being able to provide my 2014 4506-T, hopefully explaining I was in school for half the year will help explain my case. Either way, I'm not trying to get in trouble for fraud over stinkin' airline miles! So please let me know what you guys think.
3. And finally, is it even worth sending it in given that they're gonna do ANOTHER credit pull. That will put my Experian inquiries at 11, with 6 being in the most recent 12 mo's. Luckily two will fall off my mid-march, but my experian is really getting nailed for this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.