FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi Premier MasterCard [2015-2017] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1673364-citi-premier-mastercard-2015-2017-a.html)

PointsNmiles Apr 19, 2015 6:09 pm

Citi Premier MasterCard [2015-2017]

This is new - the old offer was split over first and second year of membership. AF waived the first year, too.

This is worth a look at, now.

uclacolumbiaunc Apr 19, 2015 6:26 pm

But it does not have the perks of prestige.

However, since the first year AF is waived, I'll probably go for it after I am done with prestige.

jjmiller69 Apr 19, 2015 8:31 pm

My Premier is almost 3 yrs old and was a 50K sign up. Due for annual renewal in 3 months.
It says no points will be awarded if you closed or applied in the last 18 months. I wasn't aware you could have 2 premier cards?

jiangning Apr 19, 2015 9:35 pm

I applied for it last week. Is there any chance to match the 50k w/o 1y wait offer? Maybe send an SM? Anybody has experience with this? thanks

rajuabju Apr 20, 2015 9:58 am

Originally Posted by jiangning (Post 24690219)
I applied for it last week. Is there any chance to match the 50k w/o 1y wait offer? Maybe send an SM? Anybody has experience with this? thanks

I've already sent a secured msg and asked, will see what happens. I'm going to call as well if I have to, I literally signed up for the old offer a week ago as well.

thomasmessi Apr 20, 2015 11:53 am

from the earning category, I dont see any advantage of prestige now since premier has wider travel category and the annual fee is even lower than prestige best offer (350-250 credit). the only thing really stands out for prestige may be aa/us 1.66 cent/point value. I guess premier is also a very good choice now if you dont have a lot travel plan.

roki Apr 20, 2015 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by thomasmessi (Post 24693040)
from the earning category, I dont see any advantage of prestige now since premier has wider travel category and the annual fee is even lower than prestige best offer (350-250 credit). the only thing really stands out for prestige may be aa/us 1.66 cent/point value. I guess premier is also a very good choice now if you dont have a lot travel plan.

Prestige has AA lounge access, global entry fee refund ($100), among other benefits. But yes, if you never travel, it's probably not the best card for you. For those of us that do travel on AA, the 1.6x multiplier (plus the benefits of it being a revenue ticket rather than award) make the Prestige an easy winner. But why not get both?

Also, for those of us with rewards-earning banking relationships and grandfathered Forward cards...the TY program is insanely lucrative.

The Premier really fits a very specific demographic, and even with the changes they've made, it's probably a pretty small swath. This is a nice signup offer, though, and paired with the Prestige offer, can pile up TY points in a hurry.

copilot5 Apr 20, 2015 12:56 pm

I'm thinking about getting this, but it would be for my upcoming trip in June, which is cutting it a little close. Does anyone know if the 50K TYP points would post shortly after meeting the minimum spend, or if it's after statement close? Do they usually post immediately after the trigger, or is it like 4-6 weeks?

jrjcopp Apr 20, 2015 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by jjmiller69 (Post 24690017)
It says no points will be awarded if you closed or applied in the last 18 months. I wasn't aware you could have 2 premier cards?

I converted a premier to a preferred in the last year. Was that action considered a closure of the premier account?

coomean Apr 20, 2015 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by rajuabju (Post 24692386)
I've already sent a secured msg and asked, will see what happens. I'm going to call as well if I have to, I literally signed up for the old offer a week ago as well.

I got this card two weeks ago. Sent a secure message over the weekend to match this offer, and it worked.
Good luck!

mulliganman30 Apr 20, 2015 2:05 pm

I am not familiar with the 8 day rule regarding Citi applications. Is the 8 days 8 weekdays or 8 total days? My spouse was approved for the Preferred on Saturday and trying to determine when a reapply for this offer can be done?

monkeycard Apr 20, 2015 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by mulliganman30 (Post 24693747)
I am not familiar with the 8 day rule regarding Citi applications. Is the 8 days 8 weekdays or 8 total days? My spouse was approved for the Preferred on Saturday and trying to determine when a reapply for this offer can be done?

I was approved for the Premier last wednesday night.

Next day I applied and was approved for the Prestige.

:)

mulliganman30 Apr 20, 2015 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by monkeycard (Post 24693888)
I was approved for the Premier last wednesday night.

Next day I applied and was approved for the Prestige.

:)

Anyone else with recent similar results? It seems weird that would be the case with the 8 day/65 day recommendation out there?

gt_croz Apr 20, 2015 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by coomean (Post 24693491)
I got this card two weeks ago. Sent a secure message over the weekend to match this offer, and it worked.
Good luck!

I'm in the same camp. They confirmed me on the 50K after $3K promo. Woot!

Brugge Apr 20, 2015 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by mulliganman30 (Post 24693747)

The way it used to be, like way back yesterday, it was 8 total days between apps. It was only supposed to be 6, but since Citi can't count, it's been safer to use 8 days. Doesn't matter weekdays or weekends.

If the post after yours is correct, who knows what the rules are now. But since that's only 1 data point, I'd still wait the 8 days if I were you. ;)