Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 19, 2015, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ninim2200
Is there currently an offer for this card with a signup bonus?

Yes:
  • 50K TYP for $4K spend/3 months, $95 AF waived for first year. Open in private/incognito window for best results.
    • Offer not available if you have opened or closed a Preferred, Premier, or Prestige card in the past 24 months.

Does anybody know when the signup bonus will increase?
    No. Please don't ask in the thread "just to double-check if anybody knows." Nobody knows.
    Can I see the number of TYP earned on an individual purchase?
    No. The best you can do is visit the Account Details page for your card to see how the merchant for a given transaction was categorized.
    What are the bonus categories for the Premier card?
    Effective April 19th, 2015, unless you are participating in a limited-time offer, you will earn:
    • 3 ThankYou Points for every dollar you spend on purchases at airlines, hotels, car rental agencies, travel agencies, gas stations, commuter transportation, taxi/limousines, passenger railways, cruise lines, bridge and road tolls, parking lots/garages, campgrounds and trailer parks, time shares, bus lines, motor home/RV rental and boat rentals;
    • 2 ThankYou Points for every dollar you spend on purchases at restaurants and on select entertainment merchants, including sports promoters, theatrical promoters, movie theaters, amusement parks, tourist attractions, record stores and video rental stores; and
    • 1 ThankYou Point for every dollar you spend on other purchases.
    Airlines are classified as merchants that provide air travel. Hotels are classified as merchants that provide sleeping or meeting room accommodations, and may include goods and services that are on a bill for these accommodations by a hotel, motel or inn. Car rental agencies are classified as merchants that provide short-term or long-term rentals of cars. Travel agencies are classified as merchants that provide travel information and booking services, and include travel aggregators and tour operators. Gas stations are classified as merchants that sell fuel for consumer use and may or may not be attended. Commuter transportation is classified as merchants that provide suburban and local mass passenger transportation over regular routes and on regular schedules, including ferries, commuter railways and subways. Taxis/limousines are classified as merchants that provide passenger transportation services for hire and includes horse-drawn cabs and carriages, bicycle taxis, aerial tramways, airport shuttles or cable cars. Passenger railways are classified as merchants that primarily provide long-distance transportation and may include overnight accommodations on the train. Cruise lines are classified as merchants that provide passenger transportation on the open sea or inland waters for the purpose of vacation or pleasure and operate predefined and advertised routes. Bridge and road tolls are classified as merchants who collect fees associated with toll roads, highways and bridges. Parking lots/garages are classified as merchants that provide temporary parking services for automobiles, usually on an hourly, daily or monthly contract or fee basis. Campgrounds and trailer parks are classified as merchants that provide overnight or short-term campsites for recreational vehicles, trailers, campers, or tents. Timeshares are classified as retailers that sell, lease, and rent timeshare real estate and arrange timeshare condominium exchanges. Bus lines are classified passenger bus transportation services that operate on a regular schedule over predetermined routes. Motor home and recreational vehicle rentals are classified as merchants that rent motor homes, RVs, pop-up campers, tent trailers, and other recreational vehicles on a daily, short-term, or extended-term basis. Boat leases and boat rentals are classified as merchants that primarily provide boat rental and leasing services, including fishing boats, non-crew houseboats, sail boats, powerboats, jet skis, and yachts.

Restaurants are classified as dining establishments that primarily prepare food and drinks for immediate consumption by consumers, either on the merchant’s premises or packaged for takeout, and include bars, cocktail lounges, discotheques, nightclubs, taverns and fast food restaurants. Sports promoters are classified as merchants that operate and promote live sporting events (professional or semi-professional), and may also include sports stadiums. Theatrical promoters are classified as merchants that operate live theatrical productions or concerts, and include ticketing agencies. Movie theaters are classified as establishments that sell tickets and refreshments for movie productions. Amusement parks (including zoos, circuses and aquariums) are classified as establishments that operate parks or carnivals and offer mechanical rides and games and/or live animal shows. Tourist attractions and museums (including art galleries) are classified as establishments that operate attractions and exhibits for tourists. Record stores are classified as establishments that sell CDs and related items, including online record stores. Video rental stores are classified as merchants that rent DVDs and/or games and related equipment for consumer use, including online video rentals.

We do not determine how merchants or establishments are classified, however, they are generally classified based upon the merchant's primary line of business. We reserve the right to determine which purchases qualify for this offer. Purchases not eligible to receive the additional ThankYou Points include, but are not limited to, purchases made at warehouse clubs, discount stores, department stores and convenience stores.
    You may earn ThankYou Points as long as your Card Account is open and current. If your Card Account is closed, you will not be able to earn ThankYou Points and you will lose any accumulated ThankYou Points that have not been transferred to your ThankYou Member Account. Balance transfers, cash advances, convenience checks, returned purchases, disputed or unauthorized purchases/fraudulent transactions, finance charges, Card Account fees, and fees for services and programs you elect to receive through us do not earn ThankYou Points unless otherwise specified.

If you do not already have a ThankYou Rewards Member Account ("ThankYou Member Account"), one will be set up for you. ThankYou Points earned from purchases post to your Card Account at the close of each billing cycle, and at that time we will transfer the ThankYou Points you earned to your ThankYou Member Account. (Bonus ThankYou Points may take one to two additional billing cycles to post to your Card Account.) ThankYou Points are not eligible for redemption until they are transferred to your ThankYou Member Account. ThankYou Points may not be redeemed and may be lost if your Card Account is not open or current.
    What happens to my TY points if I close my card account?
Print Wikipost

Citi Premier MasterCard [2015-2017]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:53 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt, Alaska, American, United
Originally Posted by davidalism
I got it at 50,000 points last week. Called Citi to match. They said it's an error, and asked me to print the screen and fax it over to 1-866-799-5591.
Is this a primitive system or what? For a huge multinational bank, Citibank is in the bush leagues compared to AMEX or Chase. I decided to take your advice and also faxed over the info (the first page with the 60K points noted should be sufficient). My fax machine couldn't get through (dunno why), so I used a free internet fax service and receipt was confirmed.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA - EP, Marriott - PP
Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky
I would've already called. Go for it! Citi is a painless call.
Exactly right Ed, I waited an hour and probably didn't even need to wait that long. Quick call just to reallocate some of my credit from other Citi cards and I was done. The premier will fill in the 3X travel holes left from my prestige very nicely. Citi honestly has captured all of my travel spend for at least the next year! And if I can't get a decent retention offer on this in 12 months I'll have a card to PC into a Double Cash finally.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 4:50 pm

Just called and got matched. The rep was very familiar with this offer and explained that it should not be publicly available, and they are trying to eliminate it. The rep also told me that they're not going to do this for anybody else after me (?), and so warned me to tell any "friends" I may have that wanted to call and match that it wouldn't work. It seemed like they were getting a lot of calls about this (I also had a long time on hold).

Strange call overall, but glad to get matched. I have a Citi Private Bank account, but that did not come up during the call.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:43 pm

I just received the 60K match by SM.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
The link in the Wiki for the 60k offer is dead. I'm getting a 404 from Citi.

ETA: This one still works, and I was approved just now.
Thanks! I used your link. Had to call in; not sure why, but I was approved and the CSR volunteered the info that approval was for the 60k with 3.5k spend.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:08 pm

Was just approved online for 60,000 offer. Thanks to superorb for the fresh link.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by NYCRuss
The 60k link is now dead. Does anyone have another link for this offer?
This is why you always leave a notemake sure that the wiki memorializes both the landing page and the application page.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 1:35 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Called to match and two ladies both said no. Finally an acct manager said I'll refer you to the marketing dept. expect a letter within 2 weeks. Haha. Lol. My hopes aren't high.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 9:16 am

Secure messaged asking about being matched. I applied for and had received the 50k offer 2 months ago and already received my 50k points. SM response was happy to match the offer if I make $500 more in spend (to get to my $3500 instead of $3000) by my September 3 month date.

Our records indicate you have earned the 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points for your original offer. We would be happy to add the additional 10,000 bonus ThankYou Points to match the online offer as long as a total of $3,500 is spent by .

Please allow 1-2 billing periods after you have made the necessary purchases for the points to appear on your statement. If they have not appeared after that time, please call us. For your convenience, our number is listed on the back of your card.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
I have an application question which actually applies to other cards as well, but the Premier is what I'm considering. I'm going to be retiring fairly soon, and am concerned about what that might mean in terms of my ability to get a new card. Anyone know how that works with Citi (or others)? Will they want proof of annuities, bank balances, SS payments promised, and the like? Thanks.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 3:46 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt, Alaska, American, United
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
I have an application question which actually applies to other cards as well, but the Premier is what I'm considering. I'm going to be retiring fairly soon, and am concerned about what that might mean in terms of my ability to get a new card. Anyone know how that works with Citi (or others)? Will they want proof of annuities, bank balances, SS payments promised, and the like? Thanks.
My husband and I have been retired since 2004 and have had no problems getting credit cards with pretty high limits (although the Citi Premier credit lines we received on our individual cards were pretty low, at about $11K each, versus $25K - $33K with Chase and Amex). On the application (online is highly preferred), I put in "retired" (or put in "retired" + your previous profession) and for income, I put in "pensions and rental income." There is never enough room to put in additional income descriptions, such as investments, bond income, or the like. Also, we live in a community property state (Washington), so we can claim our entire household income on the application. I have never been asked to provide actual proof, such as in the nature of pension, social security award letters, or brokerage statements.

If you are saying that you have "promised" income but that you are not drawing it, I don't believe the bank would consider that as qualifying income.

If you are still working, it would be better to apply ASAP, as I think the banks generally have a hard time grasping the reality that at least some retirees are doing quite well, income-wise.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 4:21 pm
Formerly known as jlars77

A safe bet for any application is using the adjusted gross income line from your most recently filed tax return.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:11 pm

Programs: US, AA, UA, LH, VX
Citi Premier - 50/60k TY points after $3/3.5k spend in 3 months

I got it matched easily via SM yesterday. Already have the points.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by KyleG
I just received the 60K match by SM.
Me too. But I need to spend the extra $500. Well worth it! Love Citi!
Old Aug 29, 2015, 9:23 pm

I got the matched on the phone with a rep after my second call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.