Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobertHanson
Once again reported that all links with sign up bonus are dead. Reported on Dec 5, and again on Dec 10.

Reported on Nov 4, 2017 that no offers for a Prestige card with any sign up bonus at all exist anymore. The links below do not work. Even if you get to a landing page, the link to the app page will list either "page not found", or "system error". You might want to check back at some point, since the sign up bonus for the Premier disappeared for a while, and is now back (although for only 30K instead of 50K).

Prestige Cards have a $450 annual fee, not waived first year.
There is also an additional fee for each additional user.

Top Prestige Card Offers
1) 75k Bonus Landing Page after $7,500 spend in 3 months. $450 fee Not Waived first year

2) 50k Bonus Landing Page/rightclick/incognito mode after $5000 spend in 3 months, $450 fee Not Waived first year; This offer will only show in incognito mode, it has to be a new session, as the offer, app link won't load otherwise.

3) 40K Bonus 4k in 4months

Other, not so good, offer:
Application page for Citi Prestige MC offer for 40K miles after $4000 spend in 3 months $450 fee Not Waived first year, No landing Page for this link.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

There is also a targeted 100,000 point offer, reported HERE.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

RELATED THREADS:

Prestige was refreshed in October 2014. Click HERE to read discussion about those changes. (CLOSED)

Prestige benefits will change in July 2017. Click HERE to read discussion about those changes.

Admirals Club access: HERE

Priority Pass membership: HERE

Fourth Night Free hotel benefit: HERE

Citi Price Rewind: HERE
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige MasterCard [2015-2017]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2015, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by frudd38
For both the 1.6 cents redemption and $250 airline credit, is it restricted to flights originating in the U.S.? Asking since ex-Europe is that much cheaper and found out the hard way AA GC's only work on ex-USA.
The $250 credit should apply to any charge that shows up as being made with an airline, so it shouldn't matter in what country the charge originates.

I just logged into thankyou.com and tried a couple of random AA flights originating in LHR and MAD. They show up at the essentially the same cash price as on AA.com (actually slightly cheaper--like $1350 for MAD-JFK-MAD on TY.com and $1356 for the same flights on AA.com), and the 1.6c/TYP valuation appears to apply on TY.com.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by themicah
The $250 credit should apply to any charge that shows up as being made with an airline, so it shouldn't matter in what country the charge originates.

I just logged into thankyou.com and tried a couple of random AA flights originating in LHR and MAD. They show up at the essentially the same cash price as on AA.com (actually slightly cheaper--like $1350 for MAD-JFK-MAD on TY.com and $1356 for the same flights on AA.com), and the 1.6c/TYP valuation appears to apply on TY.com.
fantastic, thanks for checking ^ now this is going to work well with those $400 ex-Europe MR's
Old Jul 7, 2015, 10:16 am

I just found out that my spouse already had a citi gold checking account. Do you think they will lower my annual fee to $350 for next year if I add my name to the citi gold checking account?
Old Jul 7, 2015, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by air360
But if I didn't care that much about the lounge/club access it would seem I am better off with maybe the Barclay at 2.2.
If one did MS you would have to do 25k on citi for a flight that costs 400 compared to 18k on Barclay for the same flight. am I understanding that correct?
As others above have mentioned it all depends on your spending habits. If you're doing plain old MS where you're not going to get a category bonus then the Arrival+ is probably better. But if you do a lot of legit spending in the bonus categories (or some category bonus MS if available) you're way better off with Citi products. I have a grandfathered Citi Forward card and we do all our household needs purchases on Amazon. I also spend a lot of money at restaurants for work. At 5 TYP/$ x 1.6 I'm effectively getting 8% "cash back" on Amazon and restaurants when I redeem my TYP for AA/US flights.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:30 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Ok, I'll bite. Why would anyone use the Arrival Plus for non-bonus spending when you could use the no-fee Double Cash? Arrival Plus is going to 2.1%, which means that you'd have to spend $89,000 to make back the $89 fee. Assuming you live in the USA.

So, why?

(ILGFly is 100% right when it comes to bonus category spending.)
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FallenPlat
Ok, I'll bite. Why would anyone use the Arrival Plus for non-bonus spending when you could use the no-fee Double Cash? Arrival Plus is going to 2.1%, which means that you'd have to spend $89,000 to make back the $89 fee. Assuming you live in the USA.

So, why?

(ILGFly is 100% right when it comes to bonus category spending.)
Because it came out first and you already have it.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:42 am

Programs: DL, Marriott
I have a Citi Prestige. If I purchase a ticket for $400, will the $250 automatically credit? Will it credit at statement end? Or does it need to be multiple small purchases like $50-$50-$50-$100?
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pritomd
I have a Citi Prestige. If I purchase a ticket for $400, will the $250 automatically credit? Will it credit at statement end? Or does it need to be multiple small purchases like $50-$50-$50-$100?
Yes, $250 automatically.

Yes, at statement end.

No, no need for small purchases.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by pritomd
I paid $378 for two Southwest tickets recently. Each ticket posted as a single charge of $189, even though they're on the same itinerary. The $250 credit posted automatically on the next statement. ^
Old Jul 10, 2015, 12:56 pm

Can somebody please confirm if buying gift card at gas station with citi prestige is considered for 3X points?
Old Jul 10, 2015, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott
I can't confirm, but I believe the answer is no, as the Prestige is only airfare/hotel for 3X. The pRemier is the one that has 3X on gas/service stations and other travel like tolls/parking.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Plus travel agents, i.e. air/hotel/TAs. Neither gas nor anything else beyond those three is 3x on the Prestige.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 3:26 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Modertor action

Posts discussing the PREMIER card have been moved to the appropriate thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...-3-months.html
Old Jul 12, 2015, 11:07 pm

Thank you for applying for the Citi Prestige® Card.

After careful consideration, we are unable to approve your application. You will receive written notification with the reasons for the decision. If you have further questions once you receive the letter, please call us at the number listed.

Thank you for considering Citi.

I'm a bit new to the game here, but I have a 780 FICO solid income and I received the above. The only thing I can think of is I have my Experian frozen (for very good reason). Of course I plan on calling and asking what's up but any thoughts? Last Citi card I applied for was in January (AAdvantage). Before that it's been years.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by billybayswater
Does anyone have experience with getting the first year annual fee waived/reduced through being a private bank member? I am far from wealthy, but the law firm I work at offers this as a benefit to its associates (already a JPM private client), and I've heard this mentioned in as a possible benefit for this card.

I just opened the card on Friday; if I sign up for Citi private bank, will they still waive the fee?
In case anyone was curious, I did sign up and wasn't able to get the fee waived. It was automatically reduced to $350, but my private banker told me the benefit did not exist anymore, and all the Citi Prestige rep could do was ask me to talk to the private bank.

Not sure if it would be different if I had a "real" private bank account (I have a law firm account with exactly $0 of assets).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.