Search

Citi AT&T Access Card (free version)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2015, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Gold, BA Plat, Starwood Plat, Hilton Silver
Citi AT&T Access Card (free version)

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/cr...-cards&afc=15F

Does anyone have this card? I do a lot of shopping online, so I would love to have a card that gets 2points per dollar. How successful have you been in using the card -- does it catch that these purchases are made on websites? Do you have to go through a Citi website portal (like old TYP) to get the 2 points? (or can I log in through my airline frequent miles website and get miles plus the 2 points).

Thanks!
Old Mar 31, 2015, 6:20 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by novaguy30
...Do you have to go through a Citi website portal (like old TYP) to get the 2 points?
No, but the store needs to have separate merchant account for its online business:

Retail websites are websites that sell goods directly to the consumer through an online website and include department store websites, specialty store websites, warehouse store websites and boutique websites. Travel websites are websites that allow you to book travel and include online travel agencies, hotel websites and airline websites.

We do not determine how merchants or establishments are classified; however, they are generally classified based upon the merchant's primary line of business. We reserve the right to determine which purchases qualify for this offer. Purchases not eligible to receive the additional ThankYou Points include but are not limited to payment for or to medical services, insurance, taxes and government services, education, charities and utilities.
https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/ad...Info-AttAccess
Old Jun 10, 2017, 10:22 am

This one hurts. New terms on the ATT card. I'm sure this is for the More card as well.
  • Effective July 22, 2017, you'll only receive 1 point, not 2 points, for every $1 spent online on the purchase of or reloading of prepaid and gift cards, or on rental and real estate payments. Please note, you'll still earn 2 points on every $1 spent on purchases made online at eligible retail and travel websites, including department and warehouse websites, online travel agencies and airline websites.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
This one hurts. New terms on the ATT card. I'm sure this is for the More card as well.
  • Effective July 22, 2017, you'll only receive 1 point, not 2 points, for every $1 spent online on the purchase of or reloading of prepaid and gift cards, or on rental and real estate payments. Please note, you'll still earn 2 points on every $1 spent on purchases made online at eligible retail and travel websites, including department and warehouse websites, online travel agencies and airline websites.
Is the above paragraph related to additional points?

So it will only be 2x for plastiq mortgage payments moving forward? (instead of 3x as it is now)
Old Jun 10, 2017, 11:53 am

All things considered, that's not too bad.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
Looking forward to info and DPs on this being a change to the Access More card as well.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
Is the above paragraph related to additional points?

So it will only be 2x for plastiq mortgage payments moving forward? (instead of 3x as it is now)
this is the updated terms for the Access card, not the Acess More. It's probably safe to assume all 3x on the more will be 1x as well. Guess we have to wait a couple months to find out.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 1:54 pm

this is the updated terms for the Access card, not the Acess More. It's probably safe to assume all 3x on the more will be 1x as well. Guess we have to wait a couple months to find out.

Oh man, if they reduce the 3x on AM, this will be a game changer for how I pay mortgage . Urgh.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh man, if they reduce the 3x on AM, this will be a game changer for how I pay mortgage . Urgh.
And it's not just Citi TYP. The same things is going on with Chase which used to earn 3x on Plastiq. See this thread:
I don't understand why Plastiq was reporting rent/mortgage payments as "travel".
Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:57 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Don't worry, rent/real estate now codes as misc. government services with Plastiq, and earns 3x, but it may gonna end as well. But then there is Amex Blue Business Plus...
Old Jun 12, 2017, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by yugi
Don't worry, rent/real estate now codes as misc. government services with Plastiq, and earns 3x, but it may gonna end as well. But then there is Amex Blue Business Plus...
Both ATT AM and CSR are/were coding mortgage payment as 3x. However, the reasons why these happen was different, isnt it?

For CSR, it is bc it is coded as travel.

For ATT AM, i think it is bc plastiq is considered a online retail website.

Or did i misunderstand?
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:39 am

Both ATT AM and CSR are/were coding mortgage payment as 3x. However, the reasons why these happen was different, isnt it?

Or did i misunderstand?
It's not just because of Plastiq. For example tax payments through Plastiq did not count as 3x for me as "utilities." This is stated in the terms as well, but just an example of how not all Plastiq is 3x
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott

Yes.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:40 am

It's not just because of Plastiq. For example tax payments through Plastiq did not count as 3x for me as "utilities." This is stated in the terms as well, but just an example of how not all Plastiq is 3x
Yes, this is an exclusion by Citi.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by yugi
Don't worry, rent/real estate now codes as misc. government services with Plastiq, and earns 3x, but it may gonna end as well.
Yeah, funny how that change happened (to the initial consternation of many AM cardholders) just a few months ago, and now it looks like a good thing. But of course Citi can just play whack-a-mole with the different categories.

But then there is Amex Blue Business Plus...
I value MR points more than TY points, but I'd still prefer 3 TY points over 2 MR points. Plus BBP is capped at $50k annual spend, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.