Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige: Priority Pass Select membership.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Prestige: Priority Pass Select membership.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:27 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Acid
Thanks - I'm assuming unlike Amex Plat and Ink cards - we do not need to ask for the lounge membership to be mailed (Priority Pass) - it gets processed once account is approved?
I received mine automatically but it was part of the October 2014 update, so I'm not sure if a new card member would be different.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 6:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Thanks, and how long did you guys wait to receive the Priority Pass for you and the AU? This info could be added to the wiki.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA UA CO USair
Received the Priority Pass Select card 12 days after my approval from the 350 AF Branch offer.

The expiration of the PPS card is 2-18-2018. If I cancel the Prestige before the next annual fee, do I still keep the PPS card lounge benefit until 2-18-2018. TIA

Last edited by AAsuited; Mar 4, 2015 at 12:34 pm Reason: error
Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:41 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The expiration dates printed on sponsored Priority Pass cards do not extend the life of the membership past the point where the sponsor (e.g. Citi) notifies Priority Pass that you are no longer eligible. You will receive a letter from Priority Pass inviting you to purchase a membership.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
Originally Posted by mia
The expiration dates printed on sponsored Priority Pass cards do not extend the life of the membership past the point where the sponsor (e.g. Citi) notifies Priority Pass that you are no longer eligible. You will receive a letter from Priority Pass inviting you to purchase a membership.
I think one is eligible for standard PP membership until the expiration date of the PP card without paying PP annual fee ($99 otherwise). One just has to pay $27 per person per visit.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, AA Exec Plat
Citi Prestige Priority Pass Select membership.

I was denied by the lounge trying to use my citi prestige (flying Alaska, AA plat) card.so apparently the AC lounge access from the prestige is quite different from the full AC membership from the AA exec plat card here at Alaska lounge since I had no problem using the lounge with aa exec plat before. I just checked the priority pass website and saw the Alaska lounge was listed there..so should I have access or not?
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:03 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by x9bull
I just checked the priority pass website and saw the Alaska lounge was listed there..so should I have access or not?
Welcome to FlyerTalk. You should have been admitted by presenting your Priority Pass Select card, but not by presenting your Prestige card. Which did you use?

ADMIRALS CLUB® ACCESS PRIVILEGES FOR CITI PRESTIGE:
Only primary Citi Prestige® World EliteTM MasterCard® cardmembers who are 18 years of age or older and are traveling on American, American Eagle Airlines, Inc. or an American Connection carrier flight number may receive access privileges to the American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges. Authorized users of the Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard credit card are not entitled to Admirals Club access privileges. This benefit does not provide access privileges to US Airways clubs®, Arrivals Lounge, or Flagship® Lounge facilities, or other airline lounges or clubs with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges, including lounges operated by oneworld Alliance. To access the Admirals Club lounge, the primary cardmember must present (i) his or her open and valid Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard, (ii) his or her current government-issued I.D., (iii) a boarding pass or stand-by ticket, showing an American, American Eagle Airlines, Inc., or an American Connection carrier flight number, valid for travel on such flight and departing within 12 hours of the Admirals Club visit (or, in the case of a visit at an arrival airport, with respect to such a flight that arrived no more than 12 hours prior to the visit) and (iv) any additional required documentation. The primary cardmember may bring as guest(s) either immediate family (spouse, domestic partner and/or children under 18 years of age) or up to two traveling guests. All guests must remain with the cardmember during the club visit. All persons must be 21 years of age or older to consume alcohol. Cardmembers and guests must adhere to all house rules of participating clubs. Should the Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard account be closed for any reason, all Admirals Club benefits will be immediately cancelled, including access to all branded Admirals Club lounges. To locate a lounge please visit aa.com/admiralsclub. The rules and procedures applicable to American Airlines Admirals Clubs® and the Citi Prestige Card Terms and Conditions at citi.com/citiprestige will apply. Program benefit terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Additional restrictions may apply.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
His Prestige Card, if he used his PPS card, he would get access guaranteed, unless there was no space.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
To access the lounge via Priority Pass you would have needed to present your Priority Pass card.

You can not access AS lounges with your AC access privileges through the Citi Prestige card, that is the one of the differences between AC privileges (Presitge) vs AC membership (AA Exec or paid). Membership would allow you access to ACs regardless of airline flown, privileges require you to be on AA or US. Plus the AS lounges are not part of the AC membership either way, but AC members can access some of them based on specific terms and conditions, all spelled out clearly on American's website. The LAX AS lounge allows access for AC members when flying AA/US/AS, but this was a recent change.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 8:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by mia
Welcome to FlyerTalk. You should have been admitted by presenting your Priority Pass Select card, but not by presenting your Prestige card. Which did you use?
i did with my prestige card.. totally forgot my priority pass select card and left them at home

Originally Posted by WheelsFirst
To access the lounge via Priority Pass you would have needed to present your Priority Pass card.

You can not access AS lounges with your AC access privileges through the Citi Prestige card, that is the one of the differences between AC privileges (Presitge) vs AC membership (AA Exec or paid). Membership would allow you access to ACs regardless of airline flown, privileges require you to be on AA or US. Plus the AS lounges are not part of the AC membership either way, but AC members can access some of them based on specific terms and conditions, all spelled out clearly on American's website. The LAX AS lounge allows access for AC members when flying AA/US/AS, but this was a recent change.
thank you for the thorough explanation!

Last edited by mia; Mar 14, 2015 at 5:24 pm
Old Mar 14, 2015, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by x9bull
i did with my prestige card.. totally forgot my priority pass select card and left them at home
Next time you forget your PPS, call Citi and tell them you forgot it, they'll usually tell you to charge to day pass onto the card and reimburse it or they may call the lounge and ask to let you in with id to charge your PPS over the phone or something. Before the PPS was sent out en masse I called Citi and told them I wanted to get into a Virgin lounge, they told me to charge it and it will be reimbursed.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 5:11 pm

Programs: Braniff, TWA, Eastern, Midwest, AA Exec, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by WheelsFirst
The LAX AS lounge allows access for AC members when flying AA/US/AS, but this was a recent change.
At SEA the rules seem to be that they let you in only if at least one segment of your current itinerary is on AA metal. That's what they said when I got in there a few months ago; I had flown AA to ORD and then AS to SEA and beyond.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 6:35 pm

Hi all. When can I get the priority pass select card please? I have got the prestige card.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA DL
Originally Posted by wind rose
Hi all. When can I get the priority pass select card please? I have got the prestige card.
Its automatically mailed to you about a week or two after getting prestige card
Old Apr 8, 2015, 8:27 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
priority pass thru prestige

Dumb question:

Prestige TC says that it offers complementary access for cardholder and authorized users. And then it says you can guest in family or two guests. In a separate section, it says it is $27 per visit.

I am confused: whose visit costs $27, whose is no charge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.