Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Best value from Citi Prestige golf benefit portal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2015, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold

I'm trying to find the best values for the 3 free rounds of golf per year using the Citi Prestige card. I live in Los Angeles, but would like to be able to sort through all of the courses throughout the country/state by cost.

Has anyone put together a comprehensive list of the courses that are eligible?

Thanks!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

citiprestige.golfhub.com
Old Feb 11, 2015, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Yes, that's the portal I was referring to. I've been to that website numerous times, and could see the value in each area. I was wondering if there was a larger list, outside of the official Citi website.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A larger list? I think that's comprehensive, isn't it? My understanding was that the benefit was only valid for those courses.

Maybe I am misunderstanding your question?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Yes it's very comprehensive. I'm pretty sure it has every single course.

I travel all over the country and if knew that the 10 most expensive courses were in NY, Miami, San Diego, Seattle, etc. I might strategically plan where to use my 3 rounds in the most beneficial places. No need to use one on the $45 course in L.A. if there is another course that's $200+ in some other area that I might be traveling to.

It may not exist, but I was just trying to avoid going to every single area in every state to see what the price was for each course.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh, I see what you mean.

If it's your kind of thing, you could probably write a script to scape all the info you want and present it in a flattened format.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 11:22 am
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
My brother-in-law likes to golf, but I don't. Is there any way to get him the benefit?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 3:43 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue (Platinum); AA (Executive Plat); BAEC (Silver), SPG (Platinum); Hilton (Diamond)
I don't have a list, but I sent my parents to the Monarch Beach Golf Links down in South OC over Christmas week. Prime tee times were $250 (I think a slight premium for the holidays). Not sure if that's the BEST value but they were certainly thrilled to get to play a top notch course with an absurdly high level of service...all for free.

I will say, the benefit is a bit frustrating. I could only book one tee time at a time and only in my name. I simple booked two individual times in my name at the same time. Fortunately my father and I have the same first and last name, so he just showed up and played with my mom. Could not find any way to put them in another name.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 6:35 pm

Does anyone know if the benefit will continue past the end of this month? Everything I've found lists Feb. 28, 2015 as the end date. I'm considering getting the card, but the golf benefit would be a big factor for me.

Is there a way to post all the golf courses where you can use this benefit? It doesn't look like you can get into the site to see the courses without having the card.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by briggek8717
Does anyone know if the benefit will continue past the end of this month? Everything I've found lists Feb. 28, 2015 as the end date. I'm considering getting the card, but the golf benefit would be a big factor for me.

Is there a way to post all the golf courses where you can use this benefit? It doesn't look like you can get into the site to see the courses without having the card.
Use the link I posted above.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Use the link I posted above.
I did, but no matter what I do, it wants me to log in before I can see anything related to the courses. It doesn't really matter since the terms when you click on them from that page state: "Golf Privilege is valid from 01 March 2013 to 28 February 2015. All offers are subject to change and tee-time availability."

If this benefit is ending in 5 days, I won't be applying for the card.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did, but no matter what I do, it wants me to log in before I can see anything related to the courses. It doesn't really matter since the terms when you click on them from that page state: "Golf Privilege is valid from 01 March 2013 to 28 February 2015. All offers are subject to change and tee-time availability."

If this benefit is ending in 5 days, I won't be applying for the card.
Ignore the login request. Look at "Golf Courses" and "Golf Destinations" in the menu at the top.

It's kind of an ugly interface. You need to pick your destination, and then it will show you all the golf courses at that destination (so you can't just get a flattened list). And it defaults to China.

As for the benefit ending, who knows. They may renew it. I agree that if it's an important benefit to you, you should wait until the 5 days are up and make sure it's still there. Or just call and ask.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 11:42 pm

Omni La Costa has lots of tee times at a value of $175-200 per round, and the Aviara next door sometime has tee times worth up to $250.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 7:57 am

Ok, so I got the card and now I have a question. Some buddies and I are going to Vegas in a month or so and I'd like to use one of my free rounds when there. I found the tee time just fine, however, it wants me to prepay for the whole group when reserving the tee time. Is that how it always works? Do I need to prepay and have them pay me?
Old Mar 19, 2015, 7:19 am

Ok, so I got the card and now I have a question. Some buddies and I are going to Vegas in a month or so and I'd like to use one of my free rounds when there. I found the tee time just fine, however, it wants me to prepay for the whole group when reserving the tee time. Is that how it always works? Do I need to prepay and have them pay me?
You could probably book yourself as a single and call the club directly to add you friends to your tee time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.