Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Best value from Citi Prestige golf benefit portal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best value from Citi Prestige golf benefit portal?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2017, 7:00 am

I have booked a 3 some before by booking a single 3 times. I had no problems.

Problem is the course seems to only allow 2 or 4.

Owell
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:24 am

I am planning on canceling my card before the annual fee is due. Can I book my complimentary rounds while I am still a cardholder but actually play the rounds after the card has been canceled?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: AS,UA
Originally Posted by mmoncrieff
I am planning on canceling my card before the annual fee is due. Can I book my complimentary rounds while I am still a cardholder but actually play the rounds after the card has been canceled?
I was wondering as well. I have already cancelled but when I log in to my golf it says I still have 3 complimentary rounds
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by lebowski2222
I was wondering as well. I have already cancelled but when I log in to my golf it says I still have 3 complimentary rounds
I haven't canceled a card, but I've noticed that when I book a round at the end of the calendar year for a date into the next calendar year, the free round comes out of the current year's bucket rather than the following year's. I suspect with cancellation, booking and paying before canceling insures the round will be honored. I've never been asked for my Prestige card when I've reported to the pro shop for any of the six rounds I've played using this benefit.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by mmoncrieff
Maybe but be prepared to pay out of pocket.

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
I've never been asked for my Prestige card when I've reported to the pro shop for any of the six rounds I've played using this benefit.
Nor have I but I have seen/heard pro shop communicating with Citi at check-in.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 6:16 pm

I think that I just got the best value out of the golf benefits. Over the past three days I had rounds at the Blue Monster at Doral (meh) and two rounds at TPC Sawgrass Stadium course. I did two rounds at TPC Sawgrass in 2015. Both of these are courses that I'll never pay to play especially Doral. I get that it has some history to it, but its a rather pedestrian course.

TPC Sawgrass is better but there are others I'd rather play and would pay to play. It was fun but the Prestige will be getting canceled soon as I have no further AA flights for Admirals Lounge access, golf rounds are gone, $250 travel credit is used, I have CSR for Priority Pass and I have 22 TYP's after transferring the last 1000 out to Hilton for 1500 Honors Points. I don't think there are any other benefits to me.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by gblakeb
I think that I just got the best value out of the golf benefits. Over the past three days I had rounds at the Blue Monster at Doral (meh) and two rounds at TPC Sawgrass Stadium course. I did two rounds at TPC Sawgrass in 2015. Both of these are courses that I'll never pay to play especially Doral. I get that it has some history to it, but its a rather pedestrian course.

TPC Sawgrass is better but there are others I'd rather play and would pay to play. It was fun but the Prestige will be getting canceled soon as I have no further AA flights for Admirals Lounge access, golf rounds are gone, $250 travel credit is used, I have CSR for Priority Pass and I have 22 TYP's after transferring the last 1000 out to Hilton for 1500 Honors Points. I don't think there are any other benefits to me.
My plans are pretty similar. I've got a trip planned to Sawgrass in 3 weeks. I'll use 2 there. I'll use the last one at Chambers Bay in June.

I'm really going to miss this benefit.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:40 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by gblakeb

Originally Posted by briggek8717
My plans are pretty similar. I've got a trip planned to Sawgrass in 3 weeks. I'll use 2 there. I'll use the last one at Chambers Bay in June.

I'm really going to miss this benefit.
can either of you tell me how it went reserving sawgrass? how much of a notice did you need to give them for reserving, since they all say you have to call? I potentially will only have a 7-10 day advance window to reserve due to another round being played before that at another course.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:43 pm

Also, has anyone here played Bali Hai? I'm playing in a few days and was just curious about your experience. I've heard the clubhouse is incredible and that the course is nice (not $250+ nice). Of course it's ridiculously convenient. Are range balls included?

I played Blue Monster at Doral last year and I enjoyed it, although actual rate was about $200 too expensive.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mrredskin
Also, has anyone here played Bali Hai? I'm playing in a few days and was just curious about your experience. I've heard the clubhouse is incredible and that the course is nice (not $250+ nice). Of course it's ridiculously convenient. Are range balls included?

I played Blue Monster at Doral last year and I enjoyed it, although actual rate was about $200 too expensive.
I played Bali Hai a couple years ago and I think "not $250+ nice" is a fair assessment of the golf. It was nice, but I think you're paying for the convenience of the location. I was by myself so I didn't spend much time in the clubhouse. Range balls were included but it's a small range and you hit off mats.

Enjoy the round though, free is great!
Old Apr 1, 2017, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by scmaverick
I played Bali Hai a couple years ago and I think "not $250+ nice" is a fair assessment of the golf. It was nice, but I think you're paying for the convenience of the location. I was by myself so I didn't spend much time in the clubhouse. Range balls were included but it's a small range and you hit off mats.

Enjoy the round though, free is great!
i'll be solo as well, while bro of mine is doing the work conference thing. were you paired with three others?

THANK YOU for commenting about the range balls. i desperately need to loosen up and get a few dozen swings in before the first tee.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
were you paired with three others?.
They actually let me go out as a single and I jumped ahead of the foursome on the tee. I ended up playing a couple of balls after the first hole.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 7:22 pm

can either of you tell me how it went reserving sawgrass? how much of a notice did you need to give them for reserving, since they all say you have to call? I potentially will only have a 7-10 day advance window to reserve due to another round being played before that at another course.
I called exactly 14 days before the day I wanted a tee time for. It is a bit of a mess when booking TPC times in general, and this was no exception. The times they show on the site are more of a guideline (they list an available time every hour on the hour even if there isn't) and the concierge that you'd talk to on the phone only sees the same times. So, "book" your time, but someone will later call/email you that has access to the actual tee times at the course and will let you know what is truly available and book you into it for sure.

One other thing, you do not need to wait for one free round to be completed before booking the next. I'm playing Sawgrass next Saturday and Sunday. Had no issues booking those tee times on back to back days with a free round each day.

P.S. Once you get to the 14 day window, you can go to Sawgrass' site and will be able to see what tee times are actually available so you can be prepared when the person who can truly book the tee time gives you a call.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by briggek8717
I called exactly 14 days before the day I wanted a tee time for. It is a bit of a mess when booking TPC times in general, and this was no exception. The times they show on the site are more of a guideline (they list an available time every hour on the hour even if there isn't) and the concierge that you'd talk to on the phone only sees the same times. So, "book" your time, but someone will later call/email you that has access to the actual tee times at the course and will let you know what is truly available and book you into it for sure.

One other thing, you do not need to wait for one free round to be completed before booking the next. I'm playing Sawgrass next Saturday and Sunday. Had no issues booking those tee times on back to back days with a free round each day.

P.S. Once you get to the 14 day window, you can go to Sawgrass' site and will be able to see what tee times are actually available so you can be prepared when the person who can truly book the tee time gives you a call.
you've helped me out tremendously, as I am planning on ONLY going down there for one night when a friend of mine is playing during his family vacation. thank you VERY much for the info on this. removes a lot of headache i might have endured while trying to arrange my travel in early June.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by scmaverick
They actually let me go out as a single and I jumped ahead of the foursome on the tee. I ended up playing a couple of balls after the first hole.
great! thanks for replying back

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.