Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
ALL Citi HHonors application links are now DEAD.

Citi's contract to issue Hilton co-branded cards ends December 31, 2017. Citi will sell most accounts to American Express. The criteria for determining which accounts are eligible to be sold are unpublished. Read Hilton FAQ: http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...-card-faq.html .
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2017, 3:09 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by azepine00
is hilton account activity showing bonus points or only monthly spend?
It only shows the monthly spend despite the Citi bill showing both points for the spend and points for the bonus.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
It only shows the monthly spend despite the Citi bill showing both points for the spend and points for the bonus.

If the 50K are on the statement you should get them , Are you sure Citi has have the correct Hilton number ?
Old Jul 20, 2017, 8:30 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by flyer4512
If the 50K are on the statement you should get them , Are you sure Citi has have the correct Hilton number ?
The base points are in the Hilton account. Yes, Citi has the correct Hilton number.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
This is interesting. My husband's statement shows that he received the 50K bonus but he didn't. He called Citi who said the 50K will post in the following month after shown. The points posted for his spend. We'll wait for the next month to see if it posts before going into full investigative mode.
I finally got a supervisor at Citi and they told me 8 weeks from Statement date for the bonus points. At least I know they're not lost in limbo, but I don't like that answer as in the past they have posted really quickly.

As questioned, the HH# is correct as my normal spend points from the billing period posted shortly after the statement cut.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by bmrisko
I finally got a supervisor at Citi and they told me 8 weeks from Statement date for the bonus points. At least I know they're not lost in limbo, but I don't like that answer as in the past they have posted really quickly.

As questioned, the HH# is correct as my normal spend points from the billing period posted shortly after the statement cut.
I have never waited 8 weeks, 2 days at the most and your Hilton balance will usually increase before you see the actual points listed in the account.

6 -8 weeks is the normal CSR reply. GL
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by RobertHanson
Still wondering if the accounts will be sold to AMEX, as happened with AMEX to Citi Costco accounts.
I just spoke to a Citi rep, and she stated without hesitation(FWIW) that the accounts will be sold to Amex.

When I asked if I could convert to another Citi product prior to that,she confirmed that the option existed and offered to complete it immediately
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by freeflyin
I just spoke to a Citi rep, and she stated without hesitation(FWIW) that the accounts will be sold to Amex.

When I asked if I could convert to another Citi product prior to that,she confirmed that the option existed and offered to complete it immediately
And yet, the Q&A about what's happening to their cards say this....
"Accounts in good standing will eventually be moved to a new card account"
Which implies to me that it will be a new Citi card...though they could move/sell it to Amex as well. Be nice if they actually said so.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:38 pm

Has anyone converted their Hilton Signature Visa to another product yet ?

The only Citi cards I have open are three Hilton Visas and I would like to convert my oldest Hilton Visa to some sort of NAF card with Citi to keep the relationship open.

I am finishing up my last 40K spend so I would like to make the change as soon as the 40K points post as I don't want these cards converting to AMEX if that is the road Citi travels.

Thanks
Old Jul 27, 2017, 4:08 am

The only Citi cards I have open are three Hilton Visas and I would like to convert my oldest Hilton Visa to some sort of NAF card with Citi to keep the relationship open.

I am finishing up my last 40K spend so I would like to make the change as soon as the 40K points post as I don't want these cards converting to AMEX if that is the road Citi travels.

Thanks
I converted my oldest one to a Double Cash card,as soon as my spending on my latest card posted.

My plan going forward is to now wait until there is more information as to Citi's plan for these accounts,before closing or converting my final HH visa.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 10:49 am

Did you have to call or were you able to do it via SM or chat ?

Did you confirm that somehow CITI did not do a credit pull or it show up as a new card ?

I'm not as concerned for me as I'm well over 5/24 but my wife will be 0/24 in November.

Thanks
I did it through chat. No inquiry involved. It's too recent for me to see if it will show as a new account. I don't know if the fact that it was a Visa and will now be a MC will cause it to eventually show as a new account.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by freeflyin
I did it through chat. No inquiry involved. It's too recent for me to see if it will show as a new account. I don't know if the fact that it was a Visa and will now be a MC will cause it to eventually show as a new account.
I think the Thank you card is churnable as I am seeing this wording. Since I don't care about 5/24 I may just get the TY, the bonus and keep my Citi relationship going that way

"

This offer is valid for new accounts only. You must be at least 18 years of age. If you're married, you may apply for a separate account. Citibank, N.A., Sioux Falls, SD, ("Citi," "we" or "us") is the issuer of your account. Please allow 4 weeks from date of submission to process your Card Account application.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by bmrisko

50k bonus finally showed up today on my account and my wife's account.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 9:48 am
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Speculative discussion of changes that American Express might make to their Hilton cards has been moved:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ds-2018-a.html
Old Jul 29, 2017, 4:40 am

I finally succeeded in getting mine converted to the Dividend MC. For some reason, I had to endure a high pressure sell for the Double Cash from several agents, lasting a good half hour in total, before they finally agreed to convert as requested. Maybe Citi should consider a sign-up bonus for the DC, if that card doesn't sell itself.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by mikesyr18
The Costco card doesn't have competition, and Visa/Citi beefed up the benefits of it and added contactless.
Au Contraire, the Costco card is in competition with every other Visa card out there. I shop at Costco frequently, and haven't given a thought to getting a Costco card. I either use whichever Visa I think I need to put spend on, or else use a new non-Visa card that I need to do min spnd with to buy a Visa GC, then pay with that at Costco.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.