Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
ALL Citi HHonors application links are now DEAD.

Citi's contract to issue Hilton co-branded cards ends December 31, 2017. Citi will sell most accounts to American Express. The criteria for determining which accounts are eligible to be sold are unpublished. Read Hilton FAQ: http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...-card-faq.html .
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC
Many advance thanks for insights you may have:

I am looking at this card as a replacement for my Gold status, that is soon expiring. My wife and I share a legacy HH joint account, which gave us Diamond/Gold status over the years. Since we are not traveling so much anymore, we want to maintain the Gold status with this card.

Does anyone know whether-- for those with HH joint accounts--both spouses will be recognized as Golds once this status is granted by having this card?

If not, can such status be obtained by having the "other" spouse as an authorized user?

Again, many thanks.
The no annual fee 50k point Hilton Visa Signature card doesn't give you Gold unless you pay for "X" amount of stays in a certain time period and Gold would only apply to the primary cardholder, not husband and wife.

The Citi Hilton Reserve card gives Gold for $95 a year ( primary card holder only) and 2 free nights at any Hilton for spending $2500
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:09 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by flyer4512
The no annual fee 50k point Hilton Visa Signature card doesn't give you Gold unless you pay for "X" amount of stays in a certain time period and Gold would only apply to the primary cardholder, not husband and wife.

The Citi Hilton Reserve card gives Gold for $95 a year ( primary card holder only) and 2 free nights at any Hilton for spending $2500
Thanks. I incorrectly thought these two cards were the same
Old Mar 13, 2015, 12:18 am
Community Director Emerita

Thanks. I incorrectly thought these two cards were the same
This is the card that you want. We keep it so that we will always have Hilton gold status as a minimum. It's worth the annual fee to us.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
This is the card that you want. We keep it so that we will always have Hilton gold status as a minimum. It's worth the annual fee to us.
Thanks. Does it allow you and your partner to independently have Gold status on a joint account?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 2:40 am
Community Director Emerita

Does it allow you and your partner to independently have Gold status on a joint account?
When you have a joint account, and I do, both parties always have the same status. There is no way for one to have status A and the other to have status B. There is one number and status is attached to that number.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 9:17 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Why would you renew the card and pay the AF with no bonus. Unless you are at an absolute limit for HPs, I'd suggest cancel and reapply. You pay the same AF, but you get two weekend nights with the new card.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: HHonors, SPG, ClubCarlson, AAdvantage, BA Avios, US Dividend Miles, UA MileagePlus, Delta SkyPesos
Any ways to get Gold Status without ever paying for a room ?

Unless I can pull that off I'll gladly pay $95 and also get 2 free nights at any Hilton or $75 for a Surpass.
Well...a few years ago, there WAS this....

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....-status-offer/
Old Mar 13, 2015, 12:01 pm

Programs: HHonors, SPG, ClubCarlson, AAdvantage, BA Avios, US Dividend Miles, UA MileagePlus, Delta SkyPesos
And last year this, although it does sound a little fishy....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Upgrade-your.../161316545117?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LowFlyOver
Well...a few years ago, there WAS this....

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....-status-offer/
Wasn't that the one that months later Hilton suddenly revoked the Gold status of most people who'd gotten it that way?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 5:57 pm

When you have a joint account, and I do, both parties always have the same status. There is no way for one to have status A and the other to have status B. There is one number and status is attached to that number.
I didn't even know Hilton allowed joint accounts.

So you can combine points from credit card signups, spends, etc from two different people into one HH account ?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 10:44 pm

I didn't even know Hilton allowed joint accounts.

So you can combine points from credit card signups, spends, etc from two different people into one HH account ?
Hilton used to allow joint accounts, but has not for many years. They have allowed legacy accounts to remain active.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 11:43 am

Question. We each already have a Hilton Signature Visa accout.. one for me, one for husband and we are auth users on each other's respective card. I didn't know we could apply for a new account. We still have the original cards we have had for about 3 or so years and still use them. No HP for over a year. We just closed our British Airways Visas and need to replace the credit limit that were on those so it doesn't reduce our FICO scores. So, I am safe in understanding that we can apply again for the signature Visa and each actually have two separate accounts? Our existing and new?
Old Mar 20, 2015, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by sparksals
Question. We each already have a Hilton Signature Visa accout.. one for me, one for husband and we are auth users on each other's respective card. I didn't know we could apply for a new account. We still have the original cards we have had for about 3 or so years and still use them. No HP for over a year. We just closed our British Airways Visas and need to replace the credit limit that were on those so it doesn't reduce our FICO scores. So, I am safe in understanding that we can apply again for the signature Visa and each actually have two separate accounts? Our existing and new?
That's correct. I just applied for my second Citi HHonors Visa Sig without closing my first (which I've had for over 2 years) and got approved. It was not instant - I think this was due to my recent (4 weeks prior to this application) application to the Citi Reserve card. I had to call the recon line and they just wanted to make sure I wanted both Citi cards (maybe they thought it was a dup). Rep on the phone did not even ask about the existing Citi HHonors Visa Sig card - just about the recent Reserve application. I also confirmed with her that I was eligible for the 50K bonus offer, and she said yes. So I think you're good to go!
Old Mar 20, 2015, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by sparksals

I have had 18 HH Visa's within the past 2 years, I currently have 7 open.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 6:29 pm

Programs: All of em...
I have had 18 HH Visa's within the past 2 years, I currently have 7 open.
^^
Second that! Just got approved for my 7th or 8th. Have lost count.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.