Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
ALL Citi HHonors application links are now DEAD.

Citi's contract to issue Hilton co-branded cards ends December 31, 2017. Citi will sell most accounts to American Express. The criteria for determining which accounts are eligible to be sold are unpublished. Read Hilton FAQ: http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...-card-faq.html .
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
And soon, Gold won't be necessary to get free wifi: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24439691-post1.html. Breakfast and an increased earning rate still apply and remain reasons to have Gold status, no matter how you achieve it.
Which will add Embassy Suites to the HH brands where you don't particularly need status. (Embassy Suites has free breakfast for all, but doesn't have free internet for all, so up until now I needed my Gold status to get free internet at ES.)

Which may make it even easier for some to survive brief periods of not being Gold, while chasing the 4 stays to get to Gold with this Citi HH 50k Visa card (within the first few months of getting one).
Old Mar 5, 2015, 6:23 pm

Just an update. Even though i recieved HHonors Visa gold card instead of Visa signature card, I got silver status and the letter says i will be getting 50K points after 1k spend So no tangible difference between gold and signature card
Old Mar 5, 2015, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by manu4986
Just an update. Even though i recieved HHonors Visa gold card instead of Visa signature card, I got silver status and the letter says i will be getting 50K points after 1k spend So no tangible difference between gold and signature card
There's one more benefit you didn't list that the Signature card has: Gold status if you do 4 (paid?) stays in the first N (90?) days of having the card. Does the Visa gold card have that also?

Hilton Silver status is very meager, so I'm not sure if I'd count that as "tangible" benefit.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Hilton Silver status is very meager, so I'm not sure if I'd count that as "tangible" benefit.
Fifth Night Free is, within the confines of Hilton's Bizarro World reward program, a meaningful benefit IMO.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 2:30 pm

There have been reports in the AAdvantage thread about Citi enforcing the "only 1 card every 18 months" rule, has anyone noticed the same thing with the HHonors cards?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Superorb
There have been reports in the AAdvantage thread about Citi enforcing the "only 1 card every 18 months" rule, has anyone noticed the same thing with the HHonors cards?
It all depends on the link. The link in the Wiki (which still works, but has no landing page) doesn't seem to have that restriction. Other links (not found here), who knows?

Citi has enforced some version of that 18 month rule for several years now on AAdvantage. What's new over at AAdvantage is that "18 months" is now being stated in the T&Cs of the applications. But long before it was stated, it was enforced!

Meanwhile, for all that time, there has been no 18 month rule for this HHonors card. That could change with the next link, though, of course.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:46 pm

I got my latest Hilton less than 2 weeks ago and the churn was still going fine provided you apply via the proper link
Old Mar 10, 2015, 10:52 pm

Thanks guys.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 6:05 pm

data point: I used the link in the wiki a week ago, and was approved. so it still works. Also, it was a year after my last app for same card, and I still have that card as well.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 8:31 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Mistake post. Not relevant.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 9:59 pm

Another 50K posted for my wife today
Old Mar 12, 2015, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Another 50K posted for my wife today
Awesome. Did you just use the link in [1] of the Wiki?
Old Mar 12, 2015, 12:59 pm

Just applied (and was approved) today for my 3rd card this year using the link on the wiki. Got the bonus for the first 2 already.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 5:32 pm

Awesome. Did you just use the link in [1] of the Wiki?
That's the only link we have used lately to apply.

I also have a 50K that I am still making the spend on.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 8:33 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Authorized User Issue

Many advance thanks for insights you may have:

I am looking at this card as a replacement for my Gold status, that is soon expiring. My wife and I share a legacy HH joint account, which gave us Diamond/Gold status over the years. Since we are not traveling so much anymore, we want to maintain the Gold status with this card.

Does anyone know whether-- for those with HH joint accounts--both spouses will be recognized as Golds once this status is granted by having this card?

If not, can such status be obtained by having the "other" spouse as an authorized user?

Again, many thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.