Go Back   > > >
    Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 13, 17, 6:20 am   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: Citi Hilton HHonors VISA [60k-75k, read Wiki to choose]
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: ninim2200
Wiki Link
Please read this wiki before posting questions in the thread.

Citi's application policy changed significantly on August 11, 2016.

Almost all public Hilton card offers now have language limiting bonuses to 24 months
from last opening or closing of a card of any Citi Hilton card. See FAQs #2&3 below.

This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE.
  1. What are the most current working links?
  2. Is this card churnable?
  3. How frequently can I apply for these cards?
  4. Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
  5. How can I check the status of my application?
  6. After approval, how can I a) confirm the amount of the bonus I can earn and b) determine the deadline for completing the required spend?

1. What are the most current working links for the no-fee Visa?
Current offers for 75K after $2k spend in 3 months:
1. Citi HH Visa 75K application page (spend $2K/3 mos.)Expired 4/13/2017
  • Note important limitation on application page: "Hilton HHonors Bonus Points are not available if you have had any Citi Hilton HHonors card opened or closed in the past 24 months."

2.Citi HH Visa 75K application page (spend $2K/3 mos.) Expired ~Dec. 12, 2016
  • This offer does not contain an explicit 24-month restriction.If you apply using this link & are not instantly approved, DO NOT CALL CITI. Calling in risks alerting Citi to the offer and having it withdrawn.

3. Citi HH Visa 75K Landing Page and here is the Application Link Expired 4/13/2017
  • Note important limitation on application page: "Hilton HHonors Bonus Points are not available if you have had any Citi Hilton HHonors card opened or closed in the past 24 months."

4. Citi HH Visa 75K No Landing Page. Here is the Application Link

5. Citi HH Visa 75K No Landing Page. Here is the Application Link

There is also an offer for 60K points after $1K spend in 4 months (application page; landing page has expired). Phone applications also accepted at 1-866-615-2274.

Citi HH Visa 40K application page (spend $1K/4 mos.)
  • This offer does not contain an explicit 24-month restriction. If you apply using this link & are not instantly approved, DO NOT CALL CITI. Calling in risks alerting Citi to the offer and having it withdrawn.
2. Is this card churnable?
In August 2016, Citi began inserting language into applications and landing pages requiring a 24-month wait from the date of the opening or closure of any Citi Hilton card. Previously, opening or closing a Citi Hilton Signature Visa or Reserve card had no effect on an applicant's eligibility to earn a bonus on the other card type. Now there is a single 24-month clock reset by open/close of either type of card.

Apart from the 40K offer noted above, all known offers have a firm 24-month waiting period.
3. How frequently can I apply for these cards?
As stated above, in general you must now wait 24 months from your last closing or opening of any Citi Hilton card (base Visa or Reserve) before you can earn the bonus again. In addition, note that across all Citi card products, you can apply for only one Citi card in a week and two in two months (60 days). To be safe, it is frequently suggested to wait 8+ days between any two Citi applications and 65+ days until your third Citi application of any kind. These are rolling dates, so you have to wait at least 60-65 days from your 2nd application to your 4th application, and so forth.
4. Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
No.

Note that when you close an account, Citi may not "free up" the credit limit from that card for as long as 6 months. So if you're going to apply within 6 months, it's better to not cancel beforehand. (Instead, ask Citi to lower the credit limit on any card you don't plan to use any more; that will "free up" your credit limit without having to cancel.)

The best time to close a Citi HH Visa is within a few days or weeks after opening a new card, so as to reset the 24-month clock soon after the last reset.
5. How can I check the status of my application?
(800) 695-5171 Personal Application Status and Reconsideration Line
(800) 763-9795 General Personal Application Inquiries
6. After approval, how can I a) confirm the amount of the bonus I can earn and b) determine the deadline for completing the required spend?
You can always send Citi a secure message through your online account to confirm your bonus amount and deadline. You must first activate the card and set up online access, either by creating an online account or by linking your new card to your existing online account. Unlike some other banks, Citi does not automatically add your new card to your existing online account.

There are two additional indicators:
  1. The approval letter will confirm the amount of the bonus for which you are eligible, but not the spend deadline.
  2. Your online account also provides information on eligible bonus and spend deadline. Log into your Citi account and select the applicable card. On the Account Details page you'll see a "View Your Rewards Summary" link to the right; click that link, scroll down, and you will see a pie-chart graphic showing the spend deadline and your progress as of your last statement. (Charges made since your last statement are not included in this total.)
Note that these are the only reliable indicators. Asking a Citi phone CSR after you are approved is NOT a sound approach. Such CSRs can only tell you what the bonus offer terms were, not whether you are eligible. (This is because Citi will issue you a card even if you are ineligible for the signup bonus.)
Print Wikipost