Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
ALL Citi HHonors application links are now DEAD.

Citi's contract to issue Hilton co-branded cards ends December 31, 2017. Citi will sell most accounts to American Express. The criteria for determining which accounts are eligible to be sold are unpublished. Read Hilton FAQ: http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...-card-faq.html .
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2016, 11:06 am

Instantly approved for 13K using the link without the language. ^^
Old Aug 27, 2016, 11:13 am

Applied for both myself and my wife on August 10th. Both immediately declined. Letters said too many inquiries. Today I reapplied for my wife because she has fewer pulls than I do, and she just had one fall off her 6 month record today. App went pending -- "We have received your application and further processing is required. We will contact you within a week regarding our decision." In the past we've usually been auto approved, but when further processing has been required, we've had good luck. FICO over 800, long history with Citi, etc. Only blemish is lots of churning. Fingers crossed.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 1:48 pm

Blah, no insta-approved, said to call in, denied. They wouldn't say why, have to wait for letter. Risked the hard pull since today would be the last shot at it, oh well.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by corpgator
Blah, no insta-approved, said to call in, denied. They wouldn't say why, have to wait for letter. Risked the hard pull since today would be the last shot at it, oh well.
It used to be pretty easy to get approved any time you had to call in. I wonder if the phone reps are now coached to look for things like lots of new accounts and to deny new applicants if they see that.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by LWT3
It used to be pretty easy to get approved any time you had to call in. I wonder if the phone reps are now coached to look for things like lots of new accounts and to deny new applicants if they see that.
I have a pending (non-HH) Citi app and am playing it cool as one does with Chase. I'm in no rush to get approved; there's always an option to play the recon card after a denial.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by LWT3

That was not the case with me and I have a LOT of applications, 10 in the past 6 months including 3 with Citi 2 of which were in the past 14 days
Old Aug 27, 2016, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
I have a pending (non-HH) Citi app and am playing it cool as one does with Chase. I'm in no rush to get approved; there's always an option to play the recon card after a denial.
I was anxious to call in since today was the last day before the new language takes affect. I didn't want to play the CFPB game since I plan on getting more chase cards in the future, so it was today or bust, and since I had never been denied for a card before... Not really a big deal.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by corpgator
I was anxious to call in since today was the last day before the new language takes affect. I didn't want to play the CFPB game since I plan on getting more chase cards in the future, so it was today or bust, and since I had never been denied for a card before... Not really a big deal.
In the past, Citi has always (assuming user eligibility) given the bonus tied to the specific offer applied for, no matter what else happens between application & approval. That could change, obviously, but I consider the odds sufficiently negligible that I'm willing to let things ride.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
That was not the case with me and I have a LOT of applications, 10 in the past 6 months including 3 with Citi 2 of which were in the past 14 days
Very encouraging. Thanks.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:15 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
so I applied and almost got final approval but that final approval dept is closed???
so did I make the wire or will I be open tomorrow when the new rules are in effect???
thanks

Last edited by frank_10b; Aug 27, 2016 at 10:01 pm
Old Aug 28, 2016, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by frank_10b
so I applied and almost got final approval but that final approval dept is closed???
so did I make the wire or will I be open tomorrow when the new rules are in effect???
thanks
I think the application date rather than the approval date will be the controlling factor, but I don't think anyone knows for sure.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 7:46 pm

Data Point - A New 60 Day Rule?

Applied yesterday and was immediately denied. Called today and credit analyst said I was denied because it was the second application submitted within SIXTY days. My previous applications were:

Citi® Platinum Select AAdvantage® World MasterCard (PERSONAL) - July 3rd
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World MasterCard (BIZ)- July 3rd

She didn't mention the business card at all, and instead was just focused on the fact that I applied for the Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card yesterday, which was less than 60 days since my Citi Platinum personal application.

Based on this rep's info, you can only have 1 citi personal application within 60 days, not 65 days as we've previously thought. I don't know anything about the 8 day rule at this point.

I'm realizing I might've misunderstood our widespread thinking of the 8/65/90 rule as no more than 2 personal + 1 biz in 65 days, and no more than 2 biz in a concurrent 90 days (I'm thinking now that it was 2 personal/biz in 65 days + 2 biz in a concurrent 90?). Please let me know where I went wrong, and if this 60 days thing is a new thing (vs 65).
Old Aug 28, 2016, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by jacisme
Applied yesterday and was immediately denied. Called today and credit analyst said I was denied because it was the second application submitted within SIXTY days. My previous applications were:

She didn't mention the business card at all, and instead was just focused on the fact that I applied for the Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card yesterday, which was less than 60 days since my Citi Platinum personal application.

Based on this rep's info, you can only have 1 citi personal application within 60 days, not 65 days as we've previously thought. I don't know anything about the 8 day rule at this point.

I'm realizing I might've misunderstood our widespread thinking of the 8/65/90 rule as no more than 2 personal + 1 biz in 65 days, and no more than 2 biz in a concurrent 90 days (I'm thinking now that it was 2 personal/biz in 65 days + 2 biz in a concurrent 90?). Please let me know where I went wrong, and if this 60 days thing is a new thing (vs 65).
I got approved for 2 personal in 14 days with the 2nd app being 5 days ago
Old Aug 28, 2016, 9:40 pm

Programs: AOPA
Originally Posted by jacisme

Did you apply for two card on 7/3? And did you get approved?

Citi is very bad at counting days. Should have wait until 9/8ish to apply the 3rd card.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:57 am

I applied and was approved for both 1 biz and 1 personal on 7/3. Denied for another personal on 8/27.

Sadly I didn't have the privilege of waiting until 9/8 because of the new citi one bonus per product line rules effective 8/28. Luckily they rejected it without a credit pull.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.