Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by swag
When the rates vary for different nights, some hotel chain websites (like Marriott) show the rate change explicitly. Others, including maybe Starwood(?) will just show the nightly average.
I had a reservation a month ago where they reduced by the nightly rate and not the average, using the same rate quote, which is why i was confused. I'm probably going to rebook anyways, the nightly rate is dropping
Old May 4, 2017, 7:39 am

Using a corporate rate

Has anyone booked their 4th night free stay using a corporate rate?

I know I can get AAA & AARP rates but I have corporate rate that is better than al other rates.

Thanks
Old May 4, 2017, 7:57 am

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by Demian S.

I know I can get AAA & AARP rates but I have corporate rate that is better than al other rates.

Thanks
Yep, no issue as of two weeks ago when I had them book at a hotel with my corporate rate.
Old May 8, 2017, 5:58 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by swag
When the rates vary for different nights, some hotel chain websites (like Marriott) show the rate change explicitly. Others, including maybe Starwood(?) will just show the nightly average.
Marriott doesn't show the breakdown properly until the last page—what it does show is way worse, the entire reservation being at the nightly price of the first night. I ended up almost being screwed over recently booking a stay where night 1 was $230 or so and 2-4 were like $400; Marriott showed this as a nightly rate of $230. So dumb.
Old May 8, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by helvetic
Marriott doesn't show the breakdown properly until the last page—what it does show is way worse, the entire reservation being at the nightly price of the first night. I ended up almost being screwed over recently booking a stay where night 1 was $230 or so and 2-4 were like $400; Marriott showed this as a nightly rate of $230. So dumb.
ISTR the initial page says something like "rate varies during stay", which at least warns you the final number won't be what you were expecting. For what that's worth.
Old May 8, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
ISTR the initial page says something like "rate varies during stay", which at least warns you the final number won't be what you were expecting. For what that's worth.
And I believe it gives you a total price, but yeah, it would be nice if they gave you a better indication of the avg nightly price.
Old May 8, 2017, 11:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Demian S.

Thanks
Yes, no issue at all.
Old May 9, 2017, 9:33 am

I have to say they really have improved the travel booking service immensely. I requested booking for the Viceroy and Amankila in Bali last night via e-mail, and after just a couple of confirmations back and forth, I'm all set in less than 12 hours (including overnight). $1500+ in savings, I <3 this card!
Old May 10, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Qantas Platinum 1, IHG Diamond, United 1K, Avis President
Originally Posted by Duke787
Yes, what you propose shouldn't be a problem. You just need one night inbetween (and if all at the same property need to make sure the property charges them as separate 4 night blocks instead of rolling them into one mega charge).
So this is definitely true?

That is great if it is -

The T&C's state the following, which seems to indicate there needs to be atleast 7 nights difference:

(vi) Back-to back stays are not allowed. For the purposes of these conditions, “back-to-back stays” are stays at the same hotel in the same city booked on two reservations that are fewer than 7 nights apart between the last night booked on the first reservation and the first night booked on the second reservation. By way of illustration, you book four nights at a hotel on one reservation in Bangkok for 4 nights commencing Monday night and ending
Thursday night, and you then book another four nights on another reservation at the same hotel in Bangkok commencing on Saturday night of the same week. In this situation, you would only be eligible for one complimentary night as the period between the last night of the first reservation (being Thursday night) and the first night of the second reservation (being Saturday night) is less than 7 nights apart
Old May 10, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Hi guys,

Has anyone used this for higher end hotels like Cheval Blanc Randhelli or FS George V Paris where nightly rate can be US$2k+ ?

Does the fourth night free benefit still apply ?

Thanks

​​​
Old May 10, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Nizar
Hi guys,

Has anyone used this for higher end hotels like Cheval Blanc Randhelli or FS George V Paris where nightly rate can be US$2k+ ?

Does the fourth night free benefit still apply ?

Thanks
​​​
Yes. I've used for similar properties and it works no problem. Aman, FS, etc.
Old May 10, 2017, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
yes. I've booked a couple.
Fdw
FlyingDoctorwu, when was the last time you booked an Aman? I was told last night that since all international Amans require me to sign a credit card authorization form, then that step negates the 4th night free.
Old May 10, 2017, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by uclabruin82
FlyingDoctorwu, when was the last time you booked an Aman? I was told last night that since all international Amans require me to sign a credit card authorization form, then that step negates the 4th night free.
I just booked Amankila with them last weekend over e-mail. They already had my cc on file, I had to give them the cvv, and that was it.
Old May 10, 2017, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by jbeans
I just booked Amankila with them last weekend over e-mail. They already had my cc on file, I had to give them the cvv, and that was it.
do you draft posts to create maximum ambiguity?
Old May 10, 2017, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Colin
do you draft posts to create maximum ambiguity?
No, certainly can't beat the uselessness of your posts though. Happy to answer any actual questions on topic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.