Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Old Dec 18, 2014, 7:54 pm

Booked a 4-night stay at an SPG property in Europe. The CWT rep quoted me exactly the rates listed on SPG.com. Additionally, they were able to attach my SPG number to the reservation. I can see it listed in my SPG account as if I booked the reservation myself. The CWT rep claimed I should receive all benefits of the rewards program and the elite status I have. If this works out, the 4th-night free benefit will pay for the card's AF and then some for me as I have several trips to book this year. Wow!
Old Dec 24, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
If this is true then there is no other reasonable way to book a hotel...

I want to know if at the end someone actually got their nights as elite qualifying and the points, and benefits.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
If this is true then there is no other reasonable way to book a hotel...

I want to know if at the end someone actually got their nights as elite qualifying and the points, and benefits.
Agreed. My stays are not for a few months, so hopefully someone else can chime in. If I have the chance to book another stay, I'll definitely use CWT to see what happens regarding points/benefits/etc.
Old Dec 26, 2014, 4:43 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
For those still considering getting this card, it might be helpful to point out that the 4th night free benefit can only be availed of 2x a year. If folks have several 4+ night stays to book, it's worth thinking about where this benefit would deliver the highest return.

Originally Posted by ffflllyyyeeerrr
If this works out, the 4th-night free benefit will pay for the card's AF and then some for me as I have several trips to book this year. Wow!
Old Dec 26, 2014, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by progapanda
For those still considering getting this card, it might be helpful to point out that the 4th night free benefit can only be availed of 2x a year. If folks have several 4+ night stays to book, it's worth thinking about where this benefit would deliver the highest return.
Where have you found this information?
Old Dec 27, 2014, 3:48 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by progapanda
That was for the "old" 4th night free benefit pre-Oct 18. The new one is unlimited. The T&C used to list both but now it seems to only show the new benefit - no mention of limit 2.

https://online.citibank.com/US/JRS/p...CTermsBenefits
Old Dec 27, 2014, 3:55 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Diamond
I've also already used and gotten my credit for the 4th night. It was at an independent hotel so no data points on loyalty program credit. The booking process was kind of a hassle - exchanging emails with the concierge over 5-6 days even when I told them the hotel, dates, and rates. They could initially only find rates much higher than the website until I notified them of the website rates. Then they misspelled my name in the reservation which led to a number of confirmation/cancellation emails.

After everything got booked, the credit posted smoothly the first statement after my stay.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 8:13 am

Programs: Kettle Class
This is what the Citi Concierge told me when I made a reservation last week. However, I will agree that the T&C don't make this clear.

Originally Posted by ffflllyyyeeerrr
Where have you found this information?
Update: cliff9973 is correct. I was somewhat misled by the Concierge. The 4th night free benefit can now be used any number of times according to Citi customer service.^

Last edited by progapanda; Dec 27, 2014 at 8:19 am
Old Dec 29, 2014, 4:23 am

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
Citi Prestige vs Visa Signature Luxury Hotels & Resorts and Amex FHR

I am on the fence about applying for the Citi Prestige card. I already have access to Visa Signature Luxury Hotels & Resorts and Amex FHR programs.

Does anyone here feel that the Citi Prestige program really adds anything (perhaps more participating properties or additional amenities) not already provided by Visa Signature Luxury Hotels & Resorts and Amex FHR?

Thank you in advance for your input!
Old Dec 29, 2014, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by Totoro
I am on the fence about applying for the Citi Prestige card. I already have access to Visa Signature Luxury Hotels & Resorts and Amex FHR programs.

Does anyone here feel that the Citi Prestige program really adds anything (perhaps more participating properties or additional amenities) not already provided by Visa Signature Luxury Hotels & Resorts and Amex FHR?

Thank you in advance for your input!
The Prestige program is good for a fourth night free at any hotel that can be booked by a travel agent. I'd say that adds quite a bit.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 7:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Booked two rooms each for 4 days in Taipei W in this Sep, just before the rule changed. Both rooms got the fourth day credit back to my prestige card. And I also got the whole points and 8 nights stay credit to my SPG account. And one room was upgraded to a fabulous suite. Just booked a four nights stay in Westin Sydney during the new year. The price is the same as the SPG website. Will report the result.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Daniel on the way
Booked two rooms each for 4 days in Taipei W in this Sep, just before the rule changed. Both rooms got the fourth day credit back to my prestige card. And I also got the whole points and 8 nights stay credit to my SPG account. And one room was upgraded to a fabulous suite. Just booked a four nights stay in Westin Sydney during the new year. The price is the same as the SPG website. Will report the result.
Awesome! Thank you for letting us know!
Old Dec 30, 2014, 1:17 am

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
Originally Posted by Chupacabras
The Prestige program is good for a fourth night free at any hotel that can be booked by a travel agent. I'd say that adds quite a bit.
I did not appreciate that distinction. I am sold on the program. Thank you for your response!

Of course, after I open my account, Citi will probably drop this benefit -- not that I am cynical.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 7:22 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, HHonors Diamond,
I stayed 4 nights at the Hyatt Regency in Cleveland on a prepaid rate. The 4th night was credited before my stay, and I received all diamond benefits (room upgrade, free internet, free breakfast, and 1000 points) along with all of my regular points and credits for the stay.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 8:54 am

i might need to book two or three rooms at a hotel. Any idea if I can get the fourth night free in each one?

Also, I assume I can't charge this to a different Citi card.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.