Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2015, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by mia
This feature is listed as a MasterCard benefit. I take this to mean that MasterCard, not Citi, has contracted with Carlson Wagonlit. This suggests that it will also become available on other MasterCard World Elite products -and- that Citi will not determine when the benefit is changed or withdrawn.

The terms are poorly worded, but I read the final sentence to mean that the room must be occupied by the primary cardholder. Other interpretations are plausible (see post 26, but note that it was booked under a prior version of the program):
I tried to book 2 rooms this week and they shot it down multiple times. Told me that the 4th night free benefit was for the primary cardholder only and I can only occupy 1 room. For someone reason someone else got it to work a while back.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 11:07 am

According to the phone agent, it's not allowed to get consecutive 4 night period credits

She claimed that a 1 day gap is allowed and said I'd have to stay somewhere else for that night (but obviously can just book that night separately and stay at the same place)

I'm guessing that if 2 4 day reservations were made separately, that it would work, but not sure if I want to try!
Old Jan 10, 2015, 7:21 pm

2x Complimentary 4th Night

I also tried a few weeks ago to get 2x complimentary 4th night since I would have two separate rooms reserved for four nights. This would have been one reservation for my wife and me and one for her parents. I pushed the issue with Ten Group concierge and the final reply was that it was not allowed. I do not agree and think the terms and conditions do allow for it—especially since this is promoted as a “There's no limit to the number of times you can use this benefit…”

I planned to make my reservation and then wait a couple of days and make the additional room reservation and see what happened. If I did not see the credit I planned to request the additional credit and ask Citi directly instead of Ten Group. However—our plans changed and now we are only staying at this property three nights. I would like to hear others’ success with this scenario.

I do vaguely remember mention in the past of getting two credits for two concurrent reservations. However, I am certain this was under the previous complimentary 4th night program that only had designated participating hotels. This was prior to the any hotel complimentary 4th night benefit administered through Carlson Wagonlit Travel.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:05 am

Supposed to be bookings only for yourself so can't really have concurrent

Just got disappointing email about hotel that's on booking.com

Dear Mr.,

I hope this email finds you well.

My name is Nicolly and as your Citi Prestige Concierge I will be assisting you with your hotel reservation in Tel Aviv.

I tried to call you earlier but unfortunately was not able to reach you.

I would like to inform you that were are not able to offer the 4th night free benefit at the Diaghilev Hotel, as it is a boutique hotel and does not accept reservations made for a travel agency. Would you be interested in some other hotel suggestion in Tel Aviv?

Have a great Sunday!

Kind Regards,
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:04 pm

Is the credited night always the 4th one? For example, if one books Dec 28-Jan 1, at most hotels the 4th night will be the most expensive one, being NYE and all. Will they really credit that particular one, regardless of rate variations? Or do they average out the rates and credit 25% of the overall booking cost?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 11:42 pm

For a reservation at a Hilton where your credit card is normally not charged until checkout, will the same be true when booking using the 4th night free benefit?

Or will Carlson Wagonlit charge your card at the time of booking and then refund you if you cancel the reservation? I'm assuming they will follow the same deposit rules that would apply if you made the reservation yourself on the hotel's website, but just want to check.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:36 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by the_fox
Is the credited night always the 4th one?
Originally Posted by prkzoom
For a reservation at a Hilton where your credit card is normally not charged until checkout,

Receive one complimentary night (room rate for the fourth night and applicable taxes only) for any consecutive four-night hotel stay booked directly with a MasterCard designated travel advisor. Hotel imposed fees and incidental guest charges are the Cardmember's responsibility. The value of the complimentary night will be the actual rate, as provided by the designated travel advisor, on that fourth night of the reservation, even if the rate is different from the rate on other nights. Cardmember will be charged the total cost of the stay at checkout and will receive a credit to the credit card statement for the cost of the fourth night (and the applicable taxes). If the cardmember books a special "pre-paid" rate this may require upfront payment in full, at time of booking. Payment in full is defined as pre-payment for the total of all four consecutive nights. Only one complimentary night is eligible per each stay. A stay is consecutive nights booked and stayed on one reservation and does not include back-to back stays. Back-to back stays are stays at the same hotel booked on two reservations (as an example, you book four nights at a hotel on one reservation for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and book another four nights on another reservation for Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. In this situation, you would only be eligible for one complimentary night for the 8 night stay). Rates provided will be equal to or lower than the lowest publicly-available fare at the hotel's official website. The benefit can only be used by the primary account cardholder.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 9:31 am

Anyone have experience using the 4th night free benefit at a Hilton? I'm wondering if you get the Gold benefits (free breakfast) if the reservation is booked via Carlson Wagonlit instead of directly on the Hilton website.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by prkzoom
Anyone have experience using the 4th night free benefit at a Hilton? I'm wondering if you get the Gold benefits (free breakfast) if the reservation is booked via Carlson Wagonlit instead of directly on the Hilton website.
Is the condition of the free breakfast booking directly with Hilton, or is it simply a benefit of being Gold? If it's a Gold benefit, you should receive it. You can attach an elite number to the reservation at the time of booking with the concierge/CWT.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by ffflllyyyeeerrr
Is the condition of the free breakfast booking directly with Hilton, or is it simply a benefit of being Gold? If it's a Gold benefit, you should receive it. You can attach an elite number to the reservation at the time of booking with the concierge/CWT.
It is a benefit of being Gold, so sounds like it should be ok. Thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:09 pm

OK this service in my limited usage has been absurdly poor. I requested a list of ryokan style lodging in Kyoto for a 4 day period.

After 12 hours I got an email that said see attached with no attachment. I immediately responded to notify them.

24 hours later I got an email with a single hotel recommendation that is not a ryokan and is $500+/night.

So does this service always suck or am I getting unlucky?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by cheesedawg
OK this service in my limited usage has been absurdly poor. I requested a list of ryokan style lodging in Kyoto for a 4 day period.

After 12 hours I got an email that said see attached with no attachment. I immediately responded to notify them.

24 hours later I got an email with a single hotel recommendation that is not a ryokan and is $500+/night.

So does this service always suck or am I getting unlucky?
In my experience, I've been fairly straightforward with which hotels I wish to get quoted for. They can just pull them up and respond with the rates. I use it simply for the 4th night free, not for recommendations.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Do the available rates tend only to be rates published directly from the hotel? Or rates available from bigger OTAs too?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by ffflllyyyeeerrr
In my experience, I've been fairly straightforward with which hotels I wish to get quoted for. They can just pull them up and respond with the rates. I use it simply for the 4th night free, not for recommendations.
Yeah I tried that last time and they claimed they couldn't book it since it was a "boutique" hotel. Since ryokans (traditional Japanese-style hotels) are pretty much all boutiques, I was going for a list of ones they could book, but maybe they can't book any or something.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 11:17 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

I'm looking into getting a CitiPrestige, primarily for the 4th night free benefit. Does anyone have any experience with using this card at higher end hotels, particularily looking at the Aman and Four Seasons chain. thanks!

FDW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.