Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Old Jan 20, 2016, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Bttc
New service is terrible. I'm sure it will get better once the new agents have more experience, but for now it's like pulling teeth.

The CWT advisers are the same, so I'd suggest seeing if you can get one of them on the line as fast as possible. I'm thinking they might try and handle it themselves, but they will connect you if they can't figure it out (after half an hour).
As noted, I've done a couple under Aspire and they don't seem to have any trouble doing it without CWT (though the process always seems to take 20 minutes or more). I only hope they didn't screw it up somehow -- but I had them include the 4th night benefit in the confirmation email so I'm not so worried about it.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 10:20 am

Aspire is awful...spent 20+ mins with them and got no where. They were unable to locate the correct hotel in Waikiki, unable to locate me in the system, failed to understand "check-in" and "check-out" dates, etc. I had enough so I asked if they had an email where I can send my request...sure they said, let me email you the address Jose. Ahhh..my name is not Jose. They had pulled up the wrong person.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
This week, I've made 2 reservations using Aspire. I knew the exact hotel, room types, dates, rate, etc. before calling. Yet, each call took longer than I expected.

Also, one of the confirmation emails from [email protected] included the following (which is nice), while the other confirmation was shorter and did not include it:

Because you are a Citi Prestige cardmember you are eligible to receive a complimentary fourth night as an exclusive Prestige benefit. This statement credit in the amount of the fourth night plus room taxes will appear on your Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard within one to two billing cycles after check-out of the hotel and verification that the stay was fully paid with your Citi Prestige MasterCard. Exchange rate is based on today’s rate of exchange.

Complimentary 4th Night Terms & Conditions:

The Citi Prestige Hotel statement credit will be the cost of the 4th Night Stay room rate plus taxes. The statement credit will post within (1-2 billing cycles of the booking or 1-2 billing cycles after check-out)

The stay must be fully paid with your Citi Prestige MasterCard and meet the Prestige benefit terms, including minimum stay requirements. Cancellation or changes to your reservation may result in the reversal of the statement credit. The Complimentary Prestige Credit will appear in US Dollars. The US Dollar rate of exchange is calculated at the time of booking.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:45 pm

Looking to make my first 4th night free booking for a trip to Miami in March and was hoping if someone can answer this question for me. Will I be charged the whole amount initially or just a deposit? Will be booking a large suite with a group and would love to save 1.4k on the 4th night. I just don't want to be charged all at once. Please advise and thank you.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:48 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by winsteven13
...Will I be charged the whole amount initially or just a deposit? ...
Will you be booking a prepaid rate? If not, what is the hotel's deposit policy?

Cardmember will be charged the total cost of the stay at checkout and will receive a credit to the credit card statement for the cost of the fourth night (and the applicable taxes). If the cardmember books a special "pre-paid" rate this may require upfront payment in full, at time of booking.
https://online.citi.com/US/JRS/porta...CTermsBenefits
Old Jan 20, 2016, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Will you be booking a prepaid rate? If not, what is the hotel's deposit policy?
Just checked.

This reservation requires a credit card deposit of $559.96 USD which will be charged to your card. If you wish to cancel, please do so 10 days prior to arrival to avoid cancellation penalties.

Thank you

Saving 1.4k on the 4th night is going to be heaven. Thank lord for credit cards.

Will update with my experience with concierge.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 4:28 pm

I booked 4 nights at the Hyatt Regency Maui for later this month. I'm Hyatt Diamond, so I inquired about suite upgrade; only the first 3 nights have suites available so I was able to confirm those with a request for a suite if the final night opens up. When the agent was about to send me an email, she noticed that this is from a travel agency and I briefly explained the situation. She sent the confirmation email to me as well as CWT.

When I log into my Hyatt account now, this reservation shows up as 2 reservations, one for the first 3 nights in a suite and the second reservation as the 4th night in a regular room. Both reservations have the same confirmation number. Hyatt said that this should finalize as a single reservation with one confirmation number. I'm worried about the possibility that Citi won't see it that way and therefore won't give me the reimbursement for the 4th night. What do you think?
Old Jan 20, 2016, 5:08 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Both reservations have the same confirmation number. Hyatt said that this should finalize as a single reservation with one confirmation number. I'm worried about the possibility that Citi won't see it that way and therefore won't give me the reimbursement for the 4th night. What do you think?
I think as long as you check out at the end with everything on one folio (so just one charge hits your account) you'll be okay.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 5:23 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
So last month I stayed at a hotel and used the 4th night free. I saw the refund come through a few days ago. In the mean time I made three more reservations. One was for a Vegas hotel that required one night pre-paid. I got a mysterious credit that wasn't for the CWT stated amount for any of the three reservations. Close, but not the same. The only thing I can figure is the pre-paid charge triggered the rebate for some reason. Anyone else have this happen on pre-paid stays?
Old Jan 20, 2016, 5:40 pm
Suspended

Yes, it's happened with others on prepaid reservations.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 4:10 pm

Just booked a suite via new concierge and everything went smoothly. Took about 10 minutes total. Booked a suite in Miami and am saving 1.4k on the fourth night . I received my hotel booking confirmation, however have not received an email regarding my fourth night rebate. How long does that take to appear? My first use of the benefit .
Old Jan 21, 2016, 4:12 pm
Suspended

As far as I'm aware, you don't get an email re: the rebate.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by winsteven13
Just booked a suite via new concierge and everything went smoothly. Took about 10 minutes total. Booked a suite in Miami and am saving 1.4k on the fourth night . I received my hotel booking confirmation, however have not received an email regarding my fourth night rebate. How long does that take to appear? My first use of the benefit .
They're getting by cheap with us. Our 4th night is only $125. Haven't figured out a way to make the first three nights cheap and the 4th upgraded.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 5:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Clueless12
They're getting by cheap with us. Our 4th night is only $125. Haven't figured out a way to make the first three nights cheap and the 4th upgraded.
And on behalf of those of us who don't want the Prestige's awesome benefits to get slashed, I wish you continued bad luck.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by jsk1973
And on behalf of those of us who don't want the Prestige's awesome benefits to get slashed, I wish you continued bad luck.
That was actually meant as a joke. I should have clarified that. We're thrilled to get the 4th night free regardless of the cost.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.