Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2015, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NDN
You cant
There are difference experiences on that:

http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.co...th-night-free/
Old Sep 20, 2015, 10:06 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by josephstern
There are difference experiences on that:

http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.co...th-night-free/
The caveat being that if the credit does not post automatically and someone has to chase Citi on it, there may be some issues if the stay was not paid for with the Prestige Card, as the T&C specify:

To receive your complimentary night (via a statement credit) you must:
- Make a reservation for a minimum, consecutive four-night stay by contacting the Citi Prestige Concierge, to book directly with a designated travel advisor
- Fully pay for your stay with a Citi Prestige Card
Old Sep 20, 2015, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Just got the card and wanted to check on the best strategy for 4th night free on a 4 night stay in Santorini.

The CWT website shows the hotel in question at $323/night including taxes while the hotels actual website has a prepaid rate of $264/night and flexible rate of $294/night both including taxes.

All told it's roughly $100 cheaper on the hotel website and there are slightly smaller rooms offered on the hotel website that and reflected on the CWT website.

I'd obviously prefer to take the cheaper rate with the 4th night free (and the slightly cheaper suite) - is this just a matter of needing to call in and direct them to the hotel website and ask for a price match?
Old Sep 20, 2015, 1:22 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The CWT website is used only an indicator that CWT should be able to book the property. The rates advertised on the hotel's own website are the starting point referenced in the benefit terms.

Rates provided will be equal to or lower than the lowest publicly-available fare at the hotel's official website.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mia
The CWT website is used only an indicator that CWT should be able to book the property. The rates advertised on the hotel's own website are the starting point referenced in the benefit terms.
Ah okay perfect - thanks!
Old Sep 20, 2015, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA PLT
I wish we could go back and erase all references to the CWTVacations site from this thread -- seems to create many more questions than it solves.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 10:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Went through a lot pages of the thread but did not see any data points regarding 4th nt free + Hyatt DSU. Has anyone tried this and received the 4th nt refund? or is it not worth the risk to try..
Old Sep 21, 2015, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by linglingfool
I wish we could go back and erase all references to the CWTVacations site from this thread -- seems to create many more questions than it solves.
Agreed...

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Went through a lot pages of the thread but did not see any data points regarding 4th nt free + Hyatt DSU. Has anyone tried this and received the 4th nt refund? or is it not worth the risk to try..
What risk? If they book it and confirm the benefits then you'll get it.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
I did 4th nt free, mastercard world elite benefits and Hyatt DSU confirmed ^^^ Best stay ever! Everything posted as it was supposed to
Old Sep 21, 2015, 7:31 pm

the risk would be in the way that Hyatt Gold Passport alters the travel agent booked reservations when applying the Diamond Suite Upgrade. Hyatt's internal process for DSU application is inconsistent, but sometimes involves changing the rate plan to the Hyatt Daily Rate, the room type to the Suite, and the rate to the prevailing suite rate. The prevailing suite rate is then altered in a process a few hours later back to the originally booked price and the DSU is deducted from the Diamond's account.

There seem to me to be plenty of snafu points in the above process. Just be sure to pay with the Citi Prestige card (forgo the 5% Open savings), and I'd say the risk is pretty much zero that you wouldn't eventually get the 4th night credit, perhaps after a manual request.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 10:21 am

Programs: AA EXP,SPG G
i've been having difficulties with hotels in brazil.They keep quoting a $50/night higher rate than the OTAs for my preferred hotel in Rio (Relais Santa Teresa) and unfortunately they won't match...
Tried a couple of hotels in Buzios too put I got a reply for all that it doesn't show in the GDS.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by olgsr
i've been having difficulties with hotels in brazil.They keep quoting a $50/night higher rate than the OTAs for my preferred hotel in Rio (Relais Santa Teresa) and unfortunately they won't match...
Tried a couple of hotels in Buzios too put I got a reply for all that it doesn't show in the GDS.
Can you provide an example or two? If the rate you're looking for is publicly available on the hotel's website, the CWT agent should be able to call the hotel directly and arrange the booking, provided they pay a commission.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG G
Originally Posted by linglingfool
Can you provide an example or two? If the rate you're looking for is publicly available on the hotel's website, the CWT agent should be able to call the hotel directly and arrange the booking, provided they pay a commission.
unfortunately the hotels site shows even more($303). nov 25-29 it's 210 on expedia,hotels.com,orbitz but CWT agent doesn't have anything under 250.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 12:37 pm

unfortunately the hotels site shows even more($303). nov 25-29 it's 210 on expedia,hotels.com,orbitz but CWT agent doesn't have anything under 250.
CWT won't match OTAs, just the hotel's website. At this point, you just have to do the math. It seems to me that CWT is still the better deal (250x3=750< 210x4=840).
Old Sep 23, 2015, 12:51 pm

Just checked the GDS we have access to at work, and the lowest I see in there is $247. Check the hotel at HotelsCombined; I'm seeing rates as low as $135 on otel.com, so you may be able to do even better than the options you mentioned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.