Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Reimbursement times vary but seem to have improved in 2017, now about 2 weeks is most common. See this thread for details.

Starting for reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this benefit will give you the average nightly rate on stays of 4+ nights, and will NOT include taxes.

FAQ
Will I be able to earn points on rooms booked via the Concierge?
Yes

What rates can the Concierge book?
Any rate you can book online at the hotel website should be bookable by the Concierge.

Are taxes included in the 4th night refund?
Currently yes. For reservations made on or after July 23, 2017, this will change and taxes will not be included.

How to book.

By phone: 1-561-922-0158 (concierge direct), or call the toll free number on the back of your card.

By email: Send to [email protected].
Include:
  • Your name & email
  • Last 4 digits of your card number
  • Hotel name (plus address or link if it may be confused with a similar named property)
  • Stay dates
  • Number of guests in the room
  • Any rate type requests (AAA, AARP, etc)
  • Your hotel chain loyalty number, if applicable

Terms & Conditions: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/citi.action?ID=AdditionalInfo-CitiPrestige
Print Wikipost

Anybody used the Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit? (Dec 2014 - Jul 22,2017)

Old Aug 10, 2016, 1:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, MarriotPlatinum (Lifetime Gold), IHG Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist :)) , Hilton Diamond
Data point - i recently booked a Z3R rate at SPG Bangkok Westin Sukhumvit (before the announcement of the most recent changes). They booked me at a rate significantly higher than the lowest available room rate (four nights wasnt available on that rate) - 6700 THB vs apprx. 4900 THB. Still came out cheaper with the third and fourth night free, but be careful about the rates you're being charged in general. (They also booked me a premium room, as the basic wasnt available (I'm platinum with SPG and just wanted a basic room - unfortunately it was a same day booking and I didnt figure it out until I'd arrived on site).
Old Aug 10, 2016, 11:45 am

4th night free for others

Hi, I booked a 4th night free stay under my Prestige card and my name.

After I got the confirmation, I called the hotel directly and added someone else as a guest for the King room.

If that other guest shows up to check in:
-will they ask for my Prestige card?
-will they also ask for me to show up and register in-person?

Thanks.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 12:29 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by darkhound
Hi, I booked a 4th night free stay under my Prestige card and my name.

After I got the confirmation, I called the hotel directly and added someone else as a guest for the King room.

If that other guest shows up to check in:
-will they ask for my Prestige card?
-will they also ask for me to show up and register in-person?

Thanks.
Did you prepay? Charge needs to hit your prestige but there are some sort reports of others using other forms of payment

As to the second, depends on the hotel. International hotels might be less lenient. All of this is against the T and C but you might get away with it. Be prepared to not and be happy if your are able to game the system.

Fdw
Old Aug 10, 2016, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Did you prepay? Charge needs to hit your prestige but there are some sort reports of others using other forms of payment

As to the second, depends on the hotel. International hotels might be less lenient. All of this is against the T and C but you might get away with it. Be prepared to not and be happy if your are able to game the system.

Fdw
I usually choose the prepay option. And if not, I can probably call to tell them to charge it ahead of time.

Yea, I figured. But hard to understand why any hotel would care as long as they get their money and the person checking in was identified by the payor ahead of time.

For example, say a father pays for his kids's stay and identifies them to the hotel in advance. Why should the hotel care if he shows up?
Old Aug 10, 2016, 1:59 pm

Take a read at the primary thread pertaining use of the 4th night benefit:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...l-benefit.html

Your questions are answered there.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA -PLT
Originally Posted by mster
Are Hyatt's "Member Discount" (HGP rate visible even when not signed in) and "Costco Standard" (Corporate or Group Code) rates bookable or is AAA the only discount Hyatt rate this service can access?
I booked the HR Maui last week with the Member Discount. The concierge had to call the hotel directly with my Hyatt #, but was able to get the rate.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 11:20 am
JCN

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, National Exec
I recently booked a 4 night stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Pittsburgh. Total cost of the stay is $1,010 and after the $290 fourth night free discount my stay will be $720. I will update the post when the refund posts.

Happy to say the fourth night was the most expensive night. Sad to think next year my refund would be less since it will use the average.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 1:48 pm

When the new policy goes into effect next year will this benefit be allowed if the hotel is offering a 4th night free with three paid? Will Citi take the average of the four nights?
Old Aug 13, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I am due a credit of $1200 for a 4th night stay in late July. Statement closed on Aug 2 and the credit was not there (and I didn't expect it that fast). Payment due Sept 2. The last time I did this, the (~$200) credit came on second statement. But since this particular credit will be large, I'm loathe to pay it now and then have a huge credit on this card. I only use it for specific things and won't have the need for $1200 credit for several months and so this will tie up that money. What have the rest of you done in this circumstance?

In the past when I've inquired with Citi, I'm told I need to wait for statement (and credit).
Old Aug 13, 2016, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I am due a credit of $1200 for a 4th night stay in late July. Statement closed on Aug 2 and the credit was not there (and I didn't expect it that fast). Payment due Sept 2. The last time I did this, the (~$200) credit came on second statement. But since this particular credit will be large, I'm loathe to pay it now and then have a huge credit on this card. I only use it for specific things and won't have the need for $1200 credit for several months and so this will tie up that money. What have the rest of you done in this circumstance?

In the past when I've inquired with Citi, I'm told I need to wait for statement (and credit).
Pay it and ask for a credit balance refund when the 4NF credit posts.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 7:32 pm

Success booking a safari lodge with 4th night free?

I know this question has been asked a couple times but as far as I can tell, it hasn't been answered. Has anyone been able to book a property in South Africa and got the 4th night free? If so, did you give them the specific property or did they give you several options?
Old Aug 13, 2016, 9:00 pm

Programs: United Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by maal99
I know this question has been asked a couple times but as far as I can tell, it hasn't been answered. Has anyone been able to book a property in South Africa and got the 4th night free? If so, did you give them the specific property or did they give you several options?
I've booked 2 hotels so far in South Africa with 4th night free...one Protea (recently acquired by Marriott) and another at a Crowne Plaza. I specifically told them which hotels I wanted. No problems, received the credit in a couple of months.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 9:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by maal99
You need to tell them the exact safari lodge and dates ( make sure the dates are available before you call). There should be no problem booking with 4th night free. You will get verbal confirmation on the phone before you hang up and then an email almost immediately.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 12:12 am

Programs: United Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vegascraig
I've booked 2 hotels so far in South Africa with 4th night free...one Protea (recently acquired by Marriott) and another at a Crowne Plaza. I specifically told them which hotels I wanted. No problems, received the credit in a couple of months.
Oops...I read the question but didn't see the title until later. Guess that makes my answer kind of irrelevant..
Old Aug 14, 2016, 8:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by JCN
I<snip> Sad to think next year my refund would be less since it will use the average.
Or you can look on the bright side and be glad they didn't kill the benefit all together...

Regards

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.