3x vs 2x dining with Citi Premier

Old Dec 24, 2014, 5:21 am
Original Poster

3x vs 2x dining with Citi Premier

Still a little new to all this, so I pologize in advance if this is the wrong place to ask this…

Was considering making the Citi Premier my next card. Like the 3x dining (compared to 2x with my current Chase Sapphire), but when I went to look on the Citi site it said 3x on Travel and Hotels and ONLY 2x on Dining!

Am I missing something? Was there a recent change?

Also, on a side note, the Admirals Club access is great, but confusing as they don't list AA as a transfer partner. Is there a roundabout way to redeem ThankYou points on AA?
Old Dec 24, 2014, 7:25 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk.

You looked at Citi Prestige rather than Premier.

Prestige includes Admirals Club access when flying AA, Priority Pass, 3X on airfare and hotels, 2X on entertainment and dining:

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/cr...-cards&afc=15F

Premier offers no lounge access, 3X on entertainment and dining, 2X on airfare, hotels and travel agencies:

https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/cr...-cards&afc=15F

AA is not a transfer partner. If you want to earn AA miles you must apply for one of the AAdvantage co-branded cards.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: Amex MR, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by DavidBRKLYN
Am I missing something? Was there a recent change?

Also, on a side note, the Admirals Club access is great, but confusing as they don't list AA as a transfer partner. Is there a roundabout way to redeem ThankYou points on AA?
What mia said. If you want to redeem on AA, you can redeem for a fixed value per point ($0.0125 if you have the Premier or 0.016 if you have the Prestige), or you can transfer to Asia Miles (Cathay Pacific) and redeem for AA flights through that program.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

That clears it up. Thanks.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 4:19 pm

Looks like Premier is dropping to 2X

There was an announcement on my Premier account when I logged in that beginning on April 19, my account would receive 3X on travel and 2X on dining/entertainment. This now is the same as the Prestige. Disappointing. I have both, so I'll be canceling the Premier when my annual fee is due. Here is the announcement:

Great news! In an effort to bring you more value for the things you do every day, we are pleased to announce that we will be updating your Citi ThankYou Premier Card benefits.

Starting April 19, 2015, you will earn 3 ThankYou Points per $1 spent on travel including gas, 2 ThankYou Points per $1 spent on dining out and entertainment, and 1 ThankYou Point per $1 spent on other purchases.1

Through April 18, 2015, your card benefits will be as shown below.

Earn ThankYou® Points on Purchases 1
Earn 3 ThankYou Points per $1 spent on dining at restaurants and entertainment.
Earn 2 ThankYou Points per $1 spent on airfare and hotels.
Earn 1 ThankYou Point per $1 spent on other purchases.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 4:35 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Modrator action

Please join discussion in progress here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...u-premier.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.