Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Fiance/spouse use a targeted Citi offer addressed to me?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2014, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Hi All,

Quick question - my fiance received a targeted citi aadvantage gold offer for 50,000 when you spend 1.5k in 3 months and an additional 10k after spending 5k in 12 months. I opted out of receiving pre-approvals in the mail so I don't get things like this anymore.

Question is, can I use her invitation code to get access to the portal, and then just fill it out with my information? Or would this result in me getting a different offer. I tried calling and they couldn't help me, just offered me the 25k mile and wouldn't bump me up. I used her info to log into the card portal, and I was able to change all of the information to my name, but I don't want to apply if I'm not going to get the 60k offer, which is not specified on the actual online application anywhere.

Thanks!

Last edited by klospin; Nov 17, 2014 at 9:48 am Reason: Title was mis-typed
Old Nov 17, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by klospin
Hi All,

Quick question - my fiance received a targeted citi aadvantage gold offer for 50,000 when you spend 1.5k in 3 months and an additional 10k after spending 5k in 12 months. I opted out of receiving pre-approvals in the mail so I don't get things like this anymore.

Question is, can I use her invitation code to get access to the portal, and then just fill it out with my information? Or would this result in me getting a different offer. I tried calling and they couldn't help me, just offered me the 25k mile and wouldn't bump me up. I used her info to log into the card portal, and I was able to change all of the information to my name, but I don't want to apply if I'm not going to get the 60k offer, which is not specified on the actual online application anywhere.

Thanks!
Try it

you may have to call recon line
Old Nov 17, 2014, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rgAAFT
Try it

you may have to call recon line
Hoping to avoid this step I am not going to want the card if I can't get the 60k... otherwise I'll just get the platinum for the 50k offer. I limit myself to opening 1 card a year after closing another, plus I have 2 "permanent" cards. Allows me to rolling average my overall credit history since closed cards remain on for 10 years
Old Nov 17, 2014, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by klospin
Hoping to avoid this step I am not going to want the card if I can't get the 60k... otherwise I'll just get the platinum for the 50k offer. I limit myself to opening 1 card a year after closing another, plus I have 2 "permanent" cards. Allows me to rolling average my overall credit history since closed cards remain on for 10 years
What I meant was, their application system is programmed to generally not allow anybody but the intended recipient of the Targeted offer to get in on the offer. Therefore, you will most likely be "declined" (with no credit pull
Then, you can call recon, asking if they wouldn't mind approving the application since you believe that the only reason you didn't get this same targeted offer,is "because you opted out of pre-screened offers"
One question though,
do you have any existing citi AA cards that you are the owner of?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:35 pm

I got this offer too. Can anyone who already got the total 60,000 miles tell me if I have to spend 1.5k+5K(total $6,500) or I only need to spend $5,000 in total in order to get that additional 10,000 miles.

Thanks.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:46 pm

I have a similar question related to the Prestige card. My fiancé is prequalified for the 50K TYP offer while I'm only qualified for the standard 30K offer. If I click the link to apply now from her prequalification search page and change the name to mine (same address, however), will the 50K TYP bonus transfer to me or does the name have to strictly match that in the prequalifying search results?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.