Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Would I still be able to get airline credit for 2014 on Citi Prestige?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Would I still be able to get airline credit for 2014 on Citi Prestige?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2014, 10:40 pm

I'm to receive the card within 10-14 business days. Can I buy $250 gc and would I still receive credit for it even though statement closes after dec 31st 2014?
Old Dec 13, 2014, 9:41 am

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by larciel
I'm to receive the card within 10-14 business days. Can I buy $250 gc and would I still receive credit for it even though statement closes after dec 31st 2014?
Your statement would need to close within December with the purchase on it for it to qualify for 2014.

E.g, someone whose December statement closes today and makes the purchase tomorrow is actually using their 2015 credit.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by islandguy84
Your statement would need to close within December with the purchase on it for it to qualify for 2014.

E.g, someone whose December statement closes today and makes the purchase tomorrow is actually using their 2015 credit.
Actually, I have two cards. One I got it in October and the other in middle of November. For both, Citi tells me that the airline credit would readjust to $250 after December 2015 billing cycle.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by jediwho
Actually, I have two cards. One I got it in October and the other in middle of November. For both, Citi tells me that the airline credit would readjust to $250 after December 2015 billing cycle.
That doesn't sound right. Are you saying that you can't use your $250 credit again until Jan 2016? Or did you mean to say Dec 2014?

I used my $250 credit in late October and my most recent statement clearly states that my credit resets on Dec 19, 2014 which aligns with my statement close date.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by islandguy84
That doesn't sound right. Are you saying that you can't use your $250 credit again until Jan 2016? Or did you mean to say Dec 2014?

I used my $250 credit in late October and my most recent statement clearly states that my credit resets on Dec 19, 2014 which aligns with my statement close date.
Sounds like 2016 to me as it states it resets after Dec 2015 statement. I got one card in October (used the credit in November) and the other card in November and used it on December 3rd before my statement closed. Both say the same thing.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by jediwho
Sounds like 2016 to me as it states it resets after Dec 2015 statement. I got one card in October (used the credit in November) and the other card in November and used it on December 3rd before my statement closed. Both say the same thing.
Wow, that sucks. I guess I'm glad I applied for the card before the October refresh then.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 3:00 pm

I can confirm the $250 airline credit resets for the Jan statement. I guess it was a mistake on my Dec statement that said it would reset Dec 2015. Maybe they were using a template that was prepared for this year?

I applied in middle of November for the card, got the $250 credit in my Dec statement and now it says I have another $250 credit for 2015. I'll know for sure next month.

So it looks like the "year" is considered the Jan statement to Dec statement. If you pay for the airfare charge in Dec but it shows up in the Jan statement, it will be for the following year.

For folks in the future, it looks like as long as you get approved in the middle of Dec you should have just enough time to get the credit for December.

Last edited by dannyboy888; Jan 3, 2015 at 9:42 pm
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

I can confirm as well for one of my two cards which I got in October. Will know about my second card in a few days.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I can now confirm that I opened my account on December, My statement closed on Dec 19th and used the $250 credit. Statement came stating: "Your credit will reset in Dec 2015". Now my January Statement closed yesterday and got $250 reimbursed for an airline ticket and my statement states: "Your credit will reset in Dec 2015"

So the Dec statement was wrong! I was able to get $500 for this card in just 2 months!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.