Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Sign in using an external account

Old Yesterday, 10:27 pm   #1

Fastest way to redeem TY points for a gift card

I have decided to redeem about 20,000 TY points for gift cards to purchase a new iPad, but the Citi website says it could take up to 3 weeks for the gift cards to ship. Is there anyway to go about this that could get them to be earlier, or am I stuck waiting for them to come in?

I currently have 2 best buy $100 gift cards on order, but I'm sure I can cancel them if anyone has a different suggestion. Too bad there's no way to get them in store or have virtual gift cards.
zorbachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 1:33 am   #2

My experience has been that they don't take that long even though they always say 2-3 weeks (talking about Best Buy). I usually receive the gift cards within a week. As a side note, may be waiting til Black Friday would not be such a bad idea as they always have the best deals on iPads that day.
halamadrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 8:46 am   #3

Programs: AA, RR, HHonors, IHG
yes, usually takes a week. but you're right its weird that there is no email option.
akr1970akr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:19 am   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by halamadrid View Post
My experience has been that they don't take that long even though they always say 2-3 weeks (talking about Best Buy). I usually receive the gift cards within a week. As a side note, may be waiting til Black Friday would not be such a bad idea as they always have the best deals on iPads that day.
I've considered it. The problem is I already sold my iPad 2, and I use it for work, so I don't know how long I can really go without an iPad. If they arrive in a week, then that's fine. I didn't want to be waiting a month (3 weeks + shipping time) for them to come in, but to save $200, I guess I will.
zorbachs is offline   Reply With Quote