FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Fastest way to redeem TY points for a gift card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1623031-fastest-way-redeem-ty-points-gift-card.html)

zorbachs Oct 23, 2014 10:27 pm

Fastest way to redeem TY points for a gift card

I have decided to redeem about 20,000 TY points for gift cards to purchase a new iPad, but the Citi website says it could take up to 3 weeks for the gift cards to ship. Is there anyway to go about this that could get them to be earlier, or am I stuck waiting for them to come in?

I currently have 2 best buy $100 gift cards on order, but I'm sure I can cancel them if anyone has a different suggestion. Too bad there's no way to get them in store or have virtual gift cards.

halamadrid Oct 24, 2014 1:33 am

My experience has been that they don't take that long even though they always say 2-3 weeks (talking about Best Buy). I usually receive the gift cards within a week. As a side note, may be waiting til Black Friday would not be such a bad idea as they always have the best deals on iPads that day.

akr1970akr Oct 24, 2014 8:46 am

yes, usually takes a week. but you're right its weird that there is no email option.

zorbachs Oct 24, 2014 10:19 am

Originally Posted by halamadrid (Post 23726808)
My experience has been that they don't take that long even though they always say 2-3 weeks (talking about Best Buy). I usually receive the gift cards within a week. As a side note, may be waiting til Black Friday would not be such a bad idea as they always have the best deals on iPads that day.

I've considered it. The problem is I already sold my iPad 2, and I use it for work, so I don't know how long I can really go without an iPad. If they arrive in a week, then that's fine. I didn't want to be waiting a month (3 weeks + shipping time) for them to come in, but to save $200, I guess I will.

MasterCharge Oct 24, 2014 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by zorbachs (Post 23728624)
I've considered it. The problem is I already sold my iPad 2, and I use it for work, so I don't know how long I can really go without an iPad. If they arrive in a week, then that's fine. I didn't want to be waiting a month (3 weeks + shipping time) for them to come in, but to save $200, I guess I will.

wait im lost :confused:, are you not able to use the proceed from the sold ipad to purchase a new one? (Note: I assure you made a profit from the ipad2 which is equvilent to the new i pad you want to buy.)

zorbachs Oct 24, 2014 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by MasterCharge (Post 23731977)
wait im lost :confused:, are you not able to use the proceed from the sold ipad to purchase a new one? (Note: I assure you made a profit from the ipad2 which is equvilent to the new i pad you want to buy.)

Oh yeah, that's going towards the purchase too, but I only made $240 off the sale of the iPad 2 and the new one will be $729 + tax, and I am cheap, I have a lot of TY points, and gift cards are the best way to use TY points, so why not use them? :P

zorbachs Oct 25, 2014 7:18 pm

That was fast. I just got an email saying it shipped out Friday.... you all were right. Much faster than 1 to 3 weeks.