FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AAdvantage new card design (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1622910-citi-aadvantage-new-card-design.html)

SteveT Oct 23, 2014 12:11 pm

Citi AAdvantage new card design

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...URL&title=citi

Citi redesigned their Aadvantage cards but makes no mention if they are World/World Elite Cards. Does anyone know if they are or standard mastercards?

Nick92 Oct 23, 2014 11:51 pm

All are World MasterCard except Executive which is World Elite. If your Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® MasterCard® was previously upgraded to World Elite, it should remain but new apps = World.

TakeORF Oct 24, 2014 1:59 pm

Does anybody have a newly designed one yet? I'd be interested to see where the number is on the card and if it is still raised like the old ones. Also, the MasterCard logo would probably be where the citi logo is...

LETTERBOY Oct 24, 2014 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by TakeORF (Post 23729994)
Does anybody have a newly designed one yet? I'd be interested to see where the number is on the card and if it is still raised like the old ones. Also, the MasterCard logo would probably be where the citi logo is...

Maybe it's like the CSP and UA Club card, where everything's on the back?

Personally, I'm indifferent (mostly) to the card design. This won't have any effect on whether or not I apply for an AA card. What would make me more likely to apply for a card would be if they reduced the minimum spend on the Executive card. I'd otherwise be interested in it, but $5K in 3 months is way above my budget (I don't do MS).

Nick92 Oct 24, 2014 9:00 pm

Here is a photo of the back: http://fly2travel.boardingarea.com/c...rd-new-design/

I really want to see the back of the Executive card :p

olgsr Oct 25, 2014 1:06 pm

Citi Aadvantage new card design

Called in a couple of days age for a replacement card. received the new one today and looks pretty sleek(numbers aren't raised btw),only weird things is that the card doesn't say Admirals Club in the back any more so my wife's card(as an additional user) looks exactly the same.i'll on me the old card on my trip next week just in case

rgAAFT Oct 25, 2014 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by olgsr (Post 23734415)
Called in a couple of days age for a replacement card. received the new one today and looks pretty sleek(numbers aren't raised btw),only weird things is that the card doesn't say Admirals Club in the back any more so my wife's card(as an additional user) looks exactly the same.i'll on me the old card on my trip next week just in case

Yes same here, I like the design as well, but still I can't help but wish for a card that felt a little bit better in hand. What started with the "double cash" card seems to be spreading to all citi cards. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but when I first held the card it really felt like the no fee "Chase Sapphire" with it's hard plastic. But, now that I think about it, the "double cash" didn't feel much different

I don't how I feel $450 and this.. disappointing (from a build quality standpoint, I mean, for a free card, I can sort of understand, but $450, no excuse. design A build quality F Am I weird to feel this way?

Nick92 Oct 25, 2014 3:14 pm

Can someone post a pic of the Executive card back? Very curious to see logo and other placement details. Thank you.

rgAAFT Oct 25, 2014 3:49 pm

Looks and feels very similar to the CSP no fee version
And the citi double cash card.
Standard credit card info and logos with the addition of the AA number as well as "World Elite" above the signature black and while MasterCard logo

TakeORF Oct 25, 2014 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by Nick92 (Post 23734903)
Can someone post a pic of the Executive card back? Very curious to see logo and other placement details. Thank you.

Here is an example of the Executive card

AAdvantage Executive

Nick92 Oct 26, 2014 7:58 am

Originally Posted by TakeORF (Post 23735677)

AAdvantage Executive

Thanks, I think this is Citi's first card using the hologram mag stripe and Citi Prestige is the first without any security hologram. It just has the MC logo and nothing else.

rrgg Oct 26, 2014 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Nick92 (Post 23737382)
Thanks, I think this is Citi's first card using the hologram mag stripe and Citi Prestige is the first without any security hologram. It just has the MC logo and nothing else.

My Citi AAdvantage American Express has the hologram mag stripe, and the face of the card is the same old style it's always had.

Nick92 Oct 26, 2014 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg (Post 23737491)
My Citi AAdvantage American Express has the hologram mag stripe, and the face of the card is the same old style it's always had.

I should've specified, the first MasterCard. Discover requires it and I think AmEx only does for partner banks but has the discretion not to use it on AmEx issued cards. However MasterCard has three options: globe hologram on the front or back or the HOLOMAG™ holographic mag stripe. The Executive seems to be the first Citicards US issued MasterCard with the HOLOMAG™ and Citi Prestige the first without any security hologram :D

TOMFORD Oct 27, 2014 11:31 am

The new executive card looks great. It would look even better with an 100k sign on bonus though :D

tymothy Oct 31, 2014 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by TakeORF (Post 23735677)

AAdvantage Executive

There's no Admiral's Club logo anywhere on the Executive card! I just had to spend 5 minutes at the Alaska Boardroom with confused lounge attendants having them call AA to verify I had Admiral's Club access! It's a really serious oversight by Citi for what's supposed to be AA's premier lounge access card. There's a big blank spot on the card between the mag strip and the "World Elite" text- who messed up at Citi and forgot to put the Admiral's Club logo on?