Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Double Cash MasterCard unlimited 1% + 1%

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi Double Cash MasterCard unlimited 1% + 1%

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
agree.... that's why i wonder why it doesn't have a personalized picture feature like the capitalone cards do.

i probably will stick with capitalone quicksilver...
Ironically, I can't get a Cap One card (the cards I mention elsewhere belong to family members). But, I would be a lock for Citi. If they give the bonus quickly (like Arrival) without the wait like AMEX, etc., I would be interested.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:39 am

Anyone know if these are regular mastercards, or are they a higher level (World Elite?). Easiest way to find out is the look up the card's BIN number (first 6 digits) at: http://www.binlist.net/

Thanks!
Old Sep 3, 2014, 11:18 am

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Originally Posted by jan_believes
Ironically, I can't get a Cap One card (the cards I mention elsewhere belong to family members). But, I would be a lock for Citi. If they give the bonus quickly (like Arrival) without the wait like AMEX, etc., I would be interested.
FYI, being an AU on a family members card Doesn't exclude you from a bonus offer if you decide to get your own card now
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:42 pm

Citi 2% Unlimited Cash Back Card

I called today to convert to this card and they also told me to call back on September 7. I guess lots of people want convert instead of applying. it makes sense since no bonus for getting a new acct
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by trikotret
I called today to convert to this card and they also told me to call back on September 7. I guess lots of people want convert instead of applying. it makes sense since no bonus for getting a new acct
I hope they will be ready to get swamped with calls that day it's this coming Sunday
Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Just in time. Have an AA card that needs to be closed, and now I am thinking of converting it. Good to see it is a MC.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Just in time. Have an AA card that needs to be closed, and now I am thinking of converting it. Good to see it is a MC.
a PC takes some time (over a month for me last time from Citi) so if you need to close a card to avoid the AF I wouldn't count on it happening on time, especially since most people will be requesting a PC.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by kenshinluo
a PC takes some time (over a month for me last time from Citi) so if you need to close a card to avoid the AF I wouldn't count on it happening on time, especially since most people will be requesting a PC.
they shouldn't charge him an AF if he puts in the request for the conversion. Also, when I converted one of my AA mastercard cards to a thank you mastercard, It was stated in the card conversion disclosures (which the rep had to read aloud to me) that the conversion would take place instantly. This was indeed the case and I got the actual card within 2 weeks (I could still use my old card to already start to accumulate thank you points while I waited for the new card) I am probably going to do something similar with my active AA exec card and convert to the prestige card in january (i got used to that CC # and don't want to lose it)
Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:42 pm

I think I will wait for a signup bonus.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 9:58 pm

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by waingro
I think I will wait for a signup bonus.
If there is one, sweet... But if it's not more than $250, I won't be interested in the credit pull. Rather just convert 1 of a billion Citi cards currently open.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Any confirmation on what types of cards could be converted to this...? I'm curious if Citi will allow a product change from a co-branded card to one of their own cards. I also have an AA Platinum Visa that needs to be closed this month to avoid the AF, and this would be a great alternative.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by dajoip
Any confirmation on what types of cards could be converted to this...? I'm curious if Citi will allow a product change from a co-branded card to one of their own cards. I also have an AA Platinum Visa that needs to be closed this month to avoid the AF, and this would be a great alternative.
Yes, theoretically any card is eligible, but the ultimate judgment on which accounts are eligible for conversion is up to citi. (more like citi's computer)
Originally Posted by rgAAFT
they shouldn't charge him an AF if he puts in the request for the conversion. Also, when I converted one of my AA mastercard cards to a thank you mastercard, It was stated in the card conversion disclosures (which the rep had to read aloud to me) that the conversion would take place instantly. This was indeed the case and I got the actual card within 2 weeks (I could still use my old card to already start to accumulate thank you points while I waited for the new card) I am probably going to do something similar with my active AA exec card and convert to the prestige card in january (i got used to that CC # and don't want to lose it)

Last edited by rgAAFT; Sep 5, 2014 at 5:23 pm
Old Sep 5, 2014, 4:32 pm
Suspended

Maybe Cap1 will come out with a 2% to compete? 2% + no FT fee would be nice
Old Sep 5, 2014, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by greggarious
Maybe Cap1 will come out with a 2% to compete? 2% + no FT fee would be nice
Or Barclays drop their annual fee.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 5:06 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by greggarious
Maybe Cap1 will come out with a 2%...
http://www.capitalone.com/business-c...-cash-rewards/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.