Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

AA Citi card miles not transferred to AAdvantage accounts [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2014, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
If you have a BUSINESS card and do not see Miles credited to your AAdvantage account, please post in this thread in the AA forum: CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Mastercard - Loyalty Points Post but 0 Miles

See also this thread: Business Extra Ending 15 Dec 2023, AAdvantage Business program coming

Print Wikipost

AA Citi card miles not transferred to AAdvantage accounts [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2014, 12:46 am
umc

Originally Posted by Sup3r52man
Follow up to Miles not reporting:

Just spoke with Citi Advantage Desk Supervisor after waiting for a call back. I was informed that the known issue with miles not reporting is when "like brand cards" are linked to an AAdvantage account.. The systems registers it as a duplicate when the request is sent and discards it. They have to then send a request to their IT department to have the card manually applied to the AAdvantage number. So if you already had a Mastercard this could be a legit cause to the problem. Let me know how many of you who already had an MC on your account has their 1st statement show as: Miles Report to AA: 0.
I have a business AA MC, and my first statement with the Executive card had the miles reported and posted in my AAdvantage account properly. My first statement had no bonus miles posted because I have not completed the spend. I am not sure if it's relevant to the known issue.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 7:25 am

Reposting in this thread:
My first statement miles posted immediately (just the 5k I spent, not the 100k as it was too fast). I already had the AA Biz but not the platinum personal.
My wife has the "0 miles reported to AA" on her first statement, she had the AA Platinum personal for 1 year before this. (Platinum Visa, not mastercard, FWIW).
Old Mar 11, 2014, 8:14 am

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
i called the number, got transferred to the Aadvantage desk

lady said she would send an internal email to someone that handles relations with CITI

asked for a case #, said they don't exist, that my FF# will help them look for her notes

I feel that this is not what I wanted, correct?
Old Mar 11, 2014, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by stupidzbu

lady said she would send an internal email to someone that handles relations with CITI

asked for a case #, said they don't exist, that my FF# will help them look for her notes

I also just called this morning and had something similar happen---the agent said there is no case number, it's just hooked to my FF#.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
I opened a new AA Citi Business MC on 1/12/14 and can see the 50k bonus on my February statement (closed 2/28). I just spoke with an AA rep who only gave me a generic "we don't know when Citi posts miles" answer. I figured I wasn't going to get anywhere with him so I politely ended the call.

I also have two personal AA cards from Citi which I opened last August, one MC and one Visa.

I've booked the outbound portion of a trip and need to book the return with that signup bonus, really hoping it posts soon.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA, Hhonors, Marriott Rewards
I called both citi and AA just now. Citi said it's a known problem on AA's side and they don't know when it will be fixed. Very apologetic and very unhelpful. AA said they will fill out a form. If I need to book tix right away, I should hold a reservation and call back. At that time they can conference "resolutions" who will fix it so I can book my tix right away.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by stupidzbu

Have you had any success or update with this? 24hrs have passed since I spoke with someone who also sent an internal email but still Citi states the card is not showing Linked to my AA account.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 3:04 pm

I am having the issue of my AA points not posting from the Citi Executive card. I called the 800 number listed in the sticky but I cannot get a human being on the phone. I opened an AAdvantage account before I applied for this card, and when I say my number, it is not recognized. Any suggestions on what I should do?
Old Mar 11, 2014, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by knn9413a
Is the problem because of having 2 AA MC's at the same time? If that is the case, I might have shelve my old AA bronze MC.
I don't think so. My wife and I both had AA Bronze MCs. Then in early November, she applied for a biz MC. Met the spend in December, and all her miles posted, including the bonus. I applied in late November, met spend in December and none of my miles have posted yet.

I called AA 3 or 4 weeks ago, and the CSR said she would open a case for me and the issue should be resolved "soon". None of my miles have posted (including spend in Nov, Dec, Jan and Feb).

I'll call again, but it's annoying that AA can only be reached from 10AM time to 6:30 PM Eastern time. I get home after they are closed, and it's not convenient for me to call them from work.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 10:04 pm

From what it seems, if you previously have a Citi AA MasterCard product AA system is having an issue assigning this card as a second MasterCard. As I unravel more I will update.
Having the same issue with the Citi Biz MC. Opened in December, have now had three statements with zero miles reported to AA (including the 50,000 bonus). Called AA today at the number in the wiki and opened a case. Was told to wait 5-7 business days for the miles to post. Will call back end of next week and update thread when the miles post. Interesting thing was the AA (not Citi) rep knew how many other Citi cards I has from her computer.

Side note: Applied for the Citi Executive MC in Feb. That first statement has posted and the miles for the statement have posted (haven't spent the 10K yet to earn the 100,000, but the regular spending miles have posted). So maybe it is the first MC after some sort of reset date at AA. Who knows - it is Citi afterall.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, PC Plat, SPG Gld, HH Gld, MR Gld
After providing your AA number to the automated system, keep hitting the "0" key until you are transferred to an agent. I had to do that this morning.

Originally Posted by TowerOrchard
I am having the issue of my AA points not posting from the Citi Executive card. I called the 800 number listed in the sticky but I cannot get a human being on the phone. I opened an AAdvantage account before I applied for this card, and when I say my number, it is not recognized. Any suggestions on what I should do?
Old Mar 11, 2014, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K, PC Plat, SPG Gld, HH Gld, MR Gld
I'm in the exact same situation as you. I have 3 Citi cards (Plat personal and Biz from Dec 13 & Exec from Feb 14). My Biz card is the one not posting and Plat personal no problem. First statement of Exec closes on 13th, so your data point makes me feel a little better since your miles posted to your AA acct.

Originally Posted by Splittin' Aces
Having the same issue with the Citi Biz MC. Opened in December, have now had three statements with zero miles reported to AA (including the 50,000 bonus). Called AA today at the number in the wiki and opened a case. Was told to wait 5-7 business days for the miles to post. Will call back end of next week and update thread when the miles post. Interesting thing was the AA (not Citi) rep knew how many other Citi cards I has from her computer.

Side note: Applied for the Citi Executive MC in Feb. That first statement has posted and the miles for the statement have posted (haven't spent the 10K yet to earn the 100,000, but the regular spending miles have posted). So maybe it is the first MC after some sort of reset date at AA. Who knows - it is Citi afterall.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 5:36 am

Here are a few data points related to this problem of miles not posting.

1. I have had the Citi AA Visa Platinum card for 11 months. I canceled a Citi AA MC a few months ago that I had for about 8 months. Applied for the Executive card in Jan. First statement closed in Feb and miles reported and posted to my AA account. (no bonus miles as I have not reached min spend yet)

2. Wife has 2 Citi AA Visa Platinum cards. One for 11 months and one for about 6 months. She also canceled her Citi AA MC a few months ago. She applied for the Executive card last month and her statement just closed. No miles reported to AA.

3. Sister applied for her first Citi AA Visa Platinum card in January. She has no other AA cards or Citi cards. Her statement closed in early Feb and no miles reported to AA.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 8:32 am

Another follow up. After you call American and they send the request to have whatever this issue is corrected they are stating it will take 7 days for the issue to be corrected in their system. It has been 3 days and the Agent told me they show it has not be responded to or worked on as of yet for my account. Additionally due to all this back and forth I have requested Citi to post my miles through one of my other Citi cards that is correctly linked to my Aadvantage account. We will see what happens with this request.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 11:01 am

I called the number listed above yesterday, and my miles showed up in my account today.

Thanks for the help!

(FYI--I have both the business and personal cards...my business card was successfully posting miles, but my personal card was not).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.