Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

AA Citi card miles not transferred to AAdvantage accounts [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2014, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
If you have a BUSINESS card and do not see Miles credited to your AAdvantage account, please post in this thread in the AA forum: CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Mastercard - Loyalty Points Post but 0 Miles

See also this thread: Business Extra Ending 15 Dec 2023, AAdvantage Business program coming

Print Wikipost

AA Citi card miles not transferred to AAdvantage accounts [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2014, 10:04 am
YZU

posting miles delay

Does anyone think that they delaying miles to AA, to avoid people canceling cards and getting AF refund?
Old Mar 15, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by YZU
Does anyone think that they delaying miles to AA, to avoid people canceling cards and getting AF refund?
I doubt it. They are having trouble with business cards, too. They would lose a lot of the folks they are trying to win over with the big promos.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 7:15 pm

This cannot be on purpose, as it does not instill confidence in Citi as it's them that looks like they dropped the ball since they state they did not report miles to AA. They aren't delivering on their advertised offers.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 7:26 am

Is anyone going ahead with getting a 2nd card if your miles aren't posting on the 1st one? Based on what I read in the other threads, I feel very confident that I would be approved for a 2nd one, but I'm worried that it would muddy the waters even further until this is resolved. That additional 100K is tempting me, though...
Old Mar 16, 2014, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by TowerOrchard
Is anyone going ahead with getting a 2nd card if your miles aren't posting on the 1st one? Based on what I read in the other threads, I feel very confident that I would be approved for a 2nd one, but I'm worried that it would muddy the waters even further until this is resolved. That additional 100K is tempting me, though...
I did. Approved for my first card on 02/25 and met minimum spend on 03/5 with statement closing on 03/10. Miles earned were 110,078 yet miles reported to AA were 0. Was approved for my second on 03/12 after moving some credit around.

The plan was to close the first after the miles posted to avoid the fee but won't be happening at least for my first card.

Looks like I will be working some overtime to pay for the AF.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 9:55 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Hi all, thought I'd provide an additional data point for your consideration:

Approved for the Citi AA Exec while already holding the Citi AA Visa and Amex cards.

On the first statement of the Citi AA Exec card, it states that ~2500 miles were earned but 0 reported to AA.

On the second statement of the Citi AA Exec card, it states thats ~5000 miles were earned and ~7500 reported to AA.

It took about 5 days from my second statement date for those ~7500 to actually show up in my AA account.

I made no calls to Citi or AA.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by FederalFlyer
Hi all, thought I'd provide an additional data point for your consideration:

Approved for the Citi AA Exec while already holding the Citi AA Visa and Amex cards.

On the first statement of the Citi AA Exec card, it states that ~2500 miles were earned but 0 reported to AA.

On the second statement of the Citi AA Exec card, it states thats ~5000 miles were earned and ~7500 reported to AA.

It took about 5 days from my second statement date for those ~7500 to actually show up in my AA account.

I made no calls to Citi or AA.
That would be exactly what AA told Citi when I called Citi and they called AA -- namely wait until the second statement closing and all would be accounted for.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 3:01 pm

I got the regular form letter from Citi about 6-8 weeks and 2 billing cycles to sync accounts. Who knows if this will ever work.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 11:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
My mystery miles are still there. I'll call AA in the morning and see if they can straighten this out. My hopes aren't high.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 3:01 pm

10 days have gone by since I called and they opened a ticket, and nothing back from AA... : (
Old Mar 17, 2014, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by txflyer77
My mystery miles are still there. I'll call AA in the morning and see if they can straighten this out. My hopes aren't high.
Nothing but a glib "wait a little longer" when I called.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 3:56 pm
YZU

Originally Posted by Superorb
This cannot be on purpose, as it does not instill confidence in Citi as it's them that looks like they dropped the ball since they state they did not report miles to AA. They aren't delivering on their advertised offers.
They ARE delivering bonus, it just takes a little longer to post....takes just exact time, so it would be too late for you to get AF refund per they 30-day rules....
Old Mar 17, 2014, 4:32 pm

OK everyone, my 110,000 miles have finally shown up today. This is for my 1st card applied for back on Feb 16th, here is what you need to do:

Step 1: You need to 1st go on your AA account and send a Secure Message to AA Advantage Customer Service (this can be found at the bottom of AA.com using "contact us").

Send the following message:
""I have been trying to get an issue resolved now for months. 2 of my 4
citi cards are not linked correctly to my AAdvantage number which is
resulting in Citi being unable to transfer my earns miles to my
AAdvantage account. Citi Mastercards ending in XXXX and XXX. Please
link these cards ASAP and let me know once this is complete so that I
may finally get this two month long issue resolved.""

I sent this message for my 1st card and my 2nd card which my statement has not closed yet. You must do this in order for citi to cooperate with correctly communicating the points to AA.

After about 24 to 72 hours you should receive a similar response from AA below:

"It's our pleasure to assist our valued AAdvantage PlatinumŽ members.
Thanks for contacting us here at AAdvantageŽ Customer Service.

We have successfully linked your accounts and we currently show all active Citibank cards mentioned are appearing in your membership profile. Generally, Citibank reports miles to AAdvantage only once every statement cycle.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to respond. We look forward to
serving you in the future.

Regards,""

After you receive this message now Secure Message Citi saying the following (be sure to include the email from AA saying it has been linked):

""Please immediately re-report my miles for card ending in XXXX to America Airlines. Here is the last response I have received from American Airlines ----Subject: Re: Mileage Credit - AA () Reply-To: [email protected] Dear Mr. Blank, Its our pleasure to assist our valued AAdvantage members. Thanks for contacting us here at AAdvantageŽ Customer Service. We currently show all active Citibank cards mentioned are appearing in your membership profile. Please contact Citi and request for them to report your miles to us for account ending in XXXX so that we may expedite these posting to your account. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to respond. We look forward to serving you in the future. Regards, Chloe B. AAdvantage Customer Service American Airlines ""

Notice word usage changes in the email to get the process handled quicker And here is the response you should get from CITI:

""Thank you for using our website.

At your request, an adjustment of 110,042 miles has been sent to American Airlines for your account ending XXXX. Please allow 3-4 business days for the miles to post with American Airlines.

We realize that as a consumer you have many choices, so we thank you for choosing us.""

It will take 3 business days from receiving this message but you should now have your points. I have 10 days till my statement closes now I can decide whether to keep the card or cancel for AF. With all the hassles of getting the points to post, I almost want to just cancel.

I hope this helps. 2 weeks of dealing with this back and forth. Make the Reps feel like you've been dealing with this for months otherwise they will poo poo you and say "keep waiting"

I will follow up with Card #2 on April 5th when that statement closes and see if those points showed up immediately thanks to this.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by Sup3r52man
OK everyone, my 110,000 miles have finally shown up today. This is for my 1st card applied for back on Feb 16th, here is what you need to do:

Step 1: You need to 1st go on your AA account and send a Secure Message to AA Advantage Customer Service (this can be found at the bottom of AA.com using "contact us").

I sent this message for my 1st card and my 2nd card which my statement has not closed yet. You must do this in order for citi to cooperate with correctly communicating the points to AA.

We have successfully linked your accounts and we currently show all active Citibank cards mentioned are appearing in your membership profile. Generally, Citibank reports miles to AAdvantage only once every statement cycle.

Regards,""

After you receive this message now Secure Message Citi saying the following (be sure to include the email from AA saying it has been linked):

""Please immediately re-report my miles for card ending in XXXX to America Airlines. Here is the last response I have received from American Airlines ----Subject: Re: Mileage Credit - AA () Reply-To: [email protected] Dear Mr. Blank, Its our pleasure to assist our valued AAdvantage members. Thanks for contacting us here at AAdvantageŽ Customer Service. We currently show all active Citibank cards mentioned are appearing in your membership profile. Please contact Citi and request for them to report your miles to us for account ending in XXXX so that we may expedite these posting to your account. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to respond. We look forward to serving you in the future. Regards, Chloe B. AAdvantage Customer Service American Airlines ""

Notice word usage changes in the email to get the process handled quicker And here is the response you should get from CITI:

At your request, an adjustment of 110,042 miles has been sent to American Airlines for your account ending XXXX. Please allow 3-4 business days for the miles to post with American Airlines.

We realize that as a consumer you have many choices, so we thank you for choosing us.""

It will take 3 business days from receiving this message but you should now have your points. I have 10 days till my statement closes now I can decide whether to keep the card or cancel for AF. With all the hassles of getting the points to post, I almost want to just cancel.

I hope this helps. 2 weeks of dealing with this back and forth. Make the Reps feel like you've been dealing with this for months otherwise they will poo poo you and say "keep waiting"

I will follow up with Card #2 on April 5th when that statement closes and see if those points showed up immediately thanks to this.
I will try this tonight when I get home from work. Will update.....
Old Mar 17, 2014, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by Sup3r52man

Regards,""

To get to the secured message:

Bottom of the page --> Contact American

Left side bar --> Aadvantage --> AAdvantage Customer Service

Scroll all the way down and you will see "Email AAdvantage Customer Service" right above "request mileage credit"

I just sent this out today, let's see what happens

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.