Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi ThankYou Premier 20k+30k / $625 offer (one year wait)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi ThankYou Premier 20k+30k / $625 offer (one year wait)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2014, 8:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by FallenPlat
Thanks, Roki.

Nall, that's interesting. It probably won't surprise anyone who reads the new Citi forum regularly that my local Citi branch here in DFW-land specifically told me, after I had asked a few weeks ago, that there was no way to get a fee break on either the Prestige or the Citi AAdvantage World Elite Master Card. When I then asked, "Well, if the Gold account won't do it, how about if I gave you an extra $500K or $1 million or whatever?" I got the same answer. And this would be at 0.15% per annum, mind you! So it sounds as though I need to find someone to talk to who actually has a clue -- something that's evidently often almost as hard at Citi as it is at BofA/Merrill.

If I truly wanted to drive myself crazy, I'd try to make sense of Citi's credit card and retail banking policies . . . .
My understanding is that the $350 is if you open the card with a banker. One does not even need to be a Gold member.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 4:11 am

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
Originally Posted by beltway
That sounds like a great big administrative headache. ..the existing T&C don't make clear how they reckon the first 3 months of the second year. 90 days from anniversary of approval? The 3 statement periods after the one on which the AF appears? Lots of ways in which cardholders can screw up and incur some or all of the second-round spend too early or too late.
Looks like nobody answered this post. So how do I know when Day 1 is so that I could get my 2nd year bonus ASAP?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: 1k MM, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Gold, IHG Sphire, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Carson Gold
Originally Posted by Journey4Happy
Looks like nobody answered this post. So how do I know when Day 1 is so that I could get my 2nd year bonus ASAP?
Looking for the same answer
Old Dec 19, 2014, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Journey4Happy
Why don't you contact Citi & post their response? (Suggestion: do it by SM so you have a written record in case there's a problem down the road.)
Old Dec 20, 2014, 7:14 pm

Programs: 1k MM, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Gold, IHG Sphire, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Carson Gold
Does golf earn 3X points
Old Dec 23, 2014, 1:28 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by 1fan
Does golf earn 3X points
When Citi mentions Entertainment they mean:

• Sports Promoters are classified as merchants that operate and promote live sporting events (professional or semi-professional) and may also include sports stadiums.
  • Theatrical promoters are classified as merchants that operate live theatrical productions or concerts and include ticketing agencies.
  • Movie theaters are classified as establishments that sell tickets and refreshments for movie productions.
  • Amusement parks (including zoos, circuses and aquariums) are classified as establishments that operate parks or carnivals and offer mechanical rides and games and/or live animal shows.
  • Tourist attractions and museums (including art galleries) are classified as establishments that operate attractions and exhibits for tourists.
  • Record stores are classified as establishments that sell CD's and related items including online record stores.
  • Video rental stores are classified as merchants that rent DVD's and/or games and related equipment for consumer use including online video rentals.
If you purchase tickets to watch a golf tournament that might qualify (if the seller has selected the correct MCC), but if you pay greens fees I do not see any basis for it to qualify as entertainment as defined.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.