Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Citi TYP award flight change

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2014, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Citi TYP award flight change

I booked 2 tickets, Delta one-ways with TYP with Premier. When I checked moments later, I found out that the wrong time was booked. I called TYP, they tole me I would have to cancel with $35 each ticket and reissue the ticket. I asked them if they can just change the time and they said it needs to be rebooked and it would cost me $200 each if I called Delta directly. I then called Delta and asked if they can change my ticket to the right time. The agent changed it no problem in minutes. Albeit, I was on hold forever for an agent.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 2:26 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Thank You Citi Rewards
Sounds about right... Before you finalize your awards booking, I believe the website asks a couple of times to make sure everything is correct because you can't make changes once you finalize your awards booking.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 6:16 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, HH Diamond
You are lucky that Delta waived the change fee for you. In a similar situation last year, the Delta agent told me that the 24 hour risk-free cancellation policy only applies if the ticket is purchased directly from Delta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.