FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1475783-citi-aa-credit-cards-except-executive-2013-2014-a.html)

fromfall98 Jun 2, 2013 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by DC777Fan (Post 20852529)
Haven't actually traveled yet. I assume that you need to actually travel first, right?

Bummer about credit lines. Not worth it then, I guess...

No, you don't need to complete travel. Bonus gets deposited within 1 to 4 weeks of getting the booking ticketed.

Cheers!

Happy Jun 2, 2013 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by DC777Fan (Post 20852529)
Haven't actually traveled yet. I assume that you need to actually travel first, right?

Bummer about credit lines. Not worth it then, I guess...

No. It has nothing to do with when the reward is consumed.

The rebate is batch-processed. Sometimes posted really quick sometimes posted really slow.

In 2013, rewards booked in January did not see the rebates until well into March. However since then they posted really quickly.

Also the 10K is per AAdvantage number, NOT per card. In other words, you would only get Up To 10K rebate a year from all types of rewards (flight, hotel, rental car, to name the most common usages.)

akersnl Jun 3, 2013 1:53 pm

I just received instant approval via internet application on the Platinum Mastercard with 40k miles.

I'm a bit surprised because I was just denied a Visa card a couple days ago. It is a long story, but I had the Citi Visa card for several years and recently cancelled in it a fit a rage over some horrible customer service over the phone. I then had remorse from cancelling the card and missing out on a bunch of future miles from purchases. I called back a couple days later to try to get the account opened again, and they denied me. I couldn't believe it.

Oh well. I'll now get 40k more miles and the little ding on my credit report doesn't matter for me at this time.

fromfall98 Jun 3, 2013 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by akersnl (Post 20859185)
I just received instant approval via internet application on the Platinum Mastercard with 40k miles.

I'm a bit surprised because I was just denied a Visa card a couple days ago. It is a long story, but I had the Citi Visa card for several years and recently cancelled in it a fit a rage over some horrible customer service over the phone. I then had remorse from cancelling the card and missing out on a bunch of future miles from purchases. I called back a couple days later to try to get the account opened again, and they denied me. I couldn't believe it.

Oh well. I'll now get 40k more miles and the little ding on my credit report doesn't matter for me at this time.

Yepppp, been "exactly" there, done "exactly" that! :)

Cheers!

webazoid Jun 3, 2013 2:22 pm

Among personal cards, is the World Mastercard a different entity from the 18 month application cycle for the visa/amex aa cards? I think you can apply for personal visa/personal amex (any combo) w/in 18 months, business card, and world mastercard.

mrstraveler Jun 3, 2013 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by czhouchem (Post 20836909)
damn, i was waiting for my aor and 50k dead?! h*** s***

Originally Posted by gv111 (Post 20837233)
That is why old style AOR are so out of style. Now days if one finds a find a good offer, just apply for it.

Originally Posted by waingro (Post 20839121)
I know how it feels man. I just started this game this year and it's happened to me several times already.

True words.

Yes, as I've had to learn this lesson the hard way missing out on two phenomenal amex offers.

skizz Jun 3, 2013 7:10 pm

I didn't see this mentioned in the wikipost, but I had saved this link from previously browsing around this thread.

40k after $1000/4 months, with landing page:
http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...FD01457EE5B0B4

Fortunately, I got in before the 50k offer was closed, but hopefully this one can be helpful to some people as well.

EDIT: Landing page is active, but I was unable to click on the application links recently. Not sure if dead.

teddy25 Jun 3, 2013 7:32 pm

Has anyone gotten the free(no restriction) companion pass with the business card?

I have been waiting for about 1 and half months, still nothing

SeeBuyFly Jun 3, 2013 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego (Post 20861598)
This just loaded for me, so I put it in the Wiki. I'm out of commission with Citi for another month or so, but, wow... that's the best offer in terms of spend. I'm sure many will appreciate it. Thanks!

Loading the landing page is not helpful if the application pages will not load. This offer is dead and should not have been added to the wiki.

esw30 Jun 3, 2013 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by roncie (Post 20851469)
Just a data point: I used the 50k link on 5/26 (apparently just before it went away), got the card yesterday - and I called and verified that I do indeed have the 50k offer tagged to my card. Plus, they sent me a card without a chip, so when I called to ask, he promptly sent me a chip card via FedEx and gave me 5k more miles for the inconvenience.

I had been having some heartburn due to the fact that that link did not state the offer details on the landing page, but I put my faith in you all and was not let down - many thanks!

Personal or Business? Visa or Amex? Did you ask for some kind of compensation for not being sent a card with a chip, or did they just give you the 5K? Thanks!

sam_goh Jun 4, 2013 12:52 am

Oops.... does anyone know what happens if you don't go past step 3 (step that shows approved + credit line)? I didn't click over to step 4 and 5. This was on a plat app. Did a gold app tonight (few days later) and it seems like it's mixed up a bit.

kmcbrid2 Jun 4, 2013 2:57 am

Originally Posted by kmcbrid2 (Post 20840342)
So received my denial letter for my business card app. It says a credit report for my business shows it is to new for citi to extend a business credit card.

So lesson for newbies, which others have highlighted, use your name as the business name if you don't already have a business.

I guess the good thing for me I now have business cards with chase and amex under the business name that was denied by citi so I now building credit history with that business name. How long so I wait to reapply tainted the other business name for citi to see a credit history when they pull the report?

So I haven't applied for a business card with citi using my name as the business name I assume I could still apply for a business card using my name as the business. How long should I wait to reapply using my name add the business name?

Should I assume at one point I could have two of the same business card products at the same time from citi; one with my name as the business name and one with my fake business name?

I do plan to open a business eventually using my fake business in about for years so I guess it will be good in will be building credit during those for years with various business CC inner that business name.

FYI I do not have TIN so used my SSN on the application.

Sometimes I don't understand what these companies use to determine who is approved....

My wife applied for the Bus and personnel card on the same date that I did. She was approved not only for the personnel card with 10K more credit line then me but she was also approved for the Bus card.

My wife is a stay at home mother and uses my income on her apps. Her Bus card app was the exact same as mine except a different fake name.

So not only was she approved a card I was denied but she also got a 10K more credit line then me for her personnel card:confused:

roncie Jun 4, 2013 5:30 am

Originally Posted by esw30 (Post 20862215)
Personal or Business? Visa or Amex? Did you ask for some kind of compensation for not being sent a card with a chip, or did they just give you the 5K? Thanks!

Personal/Visa. I didn't ask for compensation - the agent volunteered it and I said "I certainly won't say no". This was on a Saturday afternoon, and yet the new chip card arrived FedEx Monday morning... Note that I have a Citigold checking account, so maybe that was a factor, but I was impressed nonetheless.

richarddd Jun 4, 2013 10:17 am

Originally Posted by roncie (Post 20862990)
Personal/Visa. I didn't ask for compensation - the agent volunteered it and I said "I certainly won't say no". This was on a Saturday afternoon, and yet the new chip card arrived FedEx Monday morning... Note that I have a Citigold checking account, so maybe that was a factor, but I was impressed nonetheless.

I didn't get compensation for the same issue. Perhaps I should have called on a Saturday afternoon. I'm also Citigold and agent did offer to FedEx the new card.

I'll add the Citi phone reps I've gotten on recent calls have been much nicer and more helpful than I was getting in the past.

MDtR-Chicago Jun 4, 2013 10:22 am

For those keeping track of such things, I actually saw a TV commercial for a 40k after $3k(?) spend AA card offer last week. Sounds like the 40k level will be around for a while.

(No, I didn't catch the offer code details.)