Citi AA credit cards, except Executive. (2013-2014)

Subscribe
If I met the 10k spend in the first month and got my miles, can I cancel and get my annual fee refunded? My first statement just closed yesterday. I'm confused what the cutoff dates for this are.

Also, if I have any returns on this card and it has been canceled, how is that handled? Thanks.
I have 2 100k miles cards, I've made the spend limit and have the miles in my account. Should I cancel the cards now or wait until the annual fee is up?
Denied for business card. Made sure old accounts were closed. Rep said the bonus is for 1st time card holders only. Last card received in 2010, closed July 2013. Should I try calling again and hopefully get a better rep? The rep sounded like she was reading from a computer and did not have any decision making powers - unlike my recon calls for the citi exec card. Not even sure they pulled my credit.
In checking credit karma which lists all my Hard Pulls Citi did not do one for this card, I do have 2 other Citi cards. Is this normal?
Quote: If I met the 10k spend in the first month and got my miles, can I cancel and get my annual fee refunded? My first statement just closed yesterday. I'm confused what the cutoff dates for this are.

Also, if I have any returns on this card and it has been canceled, how is that handled? Thanks.
Quote: I have 2 100k miles cards, I've made the spend limit and have the miles in my account. Should I cancel the cards now or wait until the annual fee is up?
Youre' both in the wrong thread. The thread for the Executive card (which gave 100k for 10k spend) is:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...e-posting.html

(And your questions are probably already answered in the wikipost of that thread. So read that first.)
Quote: Denied for business card. Made sure old accounts were closed. Rep said the bonus is for 1st time card holders only. Last card received in 2010, closed July 2013. Should I try calling again and hopefully get a better rep? The rep sounded like she was reading from a computer and did not have any decision making powers - unlike my recon calls for the citi exec card. Not even sure they pulled my credit.
Did you also close the "master account" related to this last card? (It's unclear from your wording what exactly you closed.)

As stated multiple times in this thread, there are two accounts created when you open a Citi business card: the card account itself, and the "master account" (which would cover both that card and any employee cards they think you might get in the future). If you cancel just the card account only, you aren't cancelled enough to get a subsequent application for a new Citi business card approved.
Quote: Did you also close the "master account" related to this last card? (It's unclear from your wording what exactly you closed.)

As stated multiple times in this thread, there are two accounts created when you open a Citi business card: the card account itself, and the "master account" (which would cover both that card and any employee cards they think you might get in the future). If you cancel just the card account only, you aren't cancelled enough to get a subsequent application for a new Citi business card approved.
Yes my master account was closed too. The churning of this card has never worked well for me, unlike the citi exec card, maybe because I have a legit business with growing revenues.

As long as they did not pull my credit, I don't care, but let me wait for the letter and I will give them a call.
Quote: Yes my master account was closed too. The churning of this card has never worked well for me, unlike the citi exec card, maybe because I have a legit business with growing revenues.

As long as they did not pull my credit, I don't care, but let me wait for the letter and I will give them a call.
Heh. For all the people you hear going on about not getting Business cards because they don't have a legitimate business, the only Business card I ever had problems getting was the Chase Bold I got for an actual business with EIN, etc. Stick with Sole Proprietorship with no income, 1 employee and 1 year in business and never have a problem getting a business card again!
Anybody get denied for having "too many Citi cards at one time" as a reason? I received a letter in the mail after my most recent Business application - I had churned it previously (twice), always using the 8/65 rule with considerable room for timing differences. This time, no-go...a little odd. I've had 12 Citi cards in the last 24 months, mostly AA cards. Only 2 open at time of denial.
$95 fee will be waived?
I was just approved for the 50K offer using the Platinum personal MC link in the wiki above, in an incognito window. The approval lists the $95 fee but doesn't say anything about waiver for the first year. Do you think it will be waived?
Quote: I was just approved for the 50K offer using the Platinum personal MC link in the wiki above, in an incognito window. The approval lists the $95 fee but doesn't say anything about waiver for the first year. Do you think it will be waived?
Yes. The landing page for that app says it's waived for the first year. Approval emails often omit this info for no good reason.
Quote: I was just approved for the 50K offer using the Platinum personal MC link in the wiki above, in an incognito window. The approval lists the $95 fee but doesn't say anything about waiver for the first year. Do you think it will be waived?
Quote: Yes. The landing page for that app says it's waived for the first year.
And what neither landing page or the list of fees or the approval says, but is likely to be the case, is that you very well may not need to even pay the $95 annual fee "net" in the second year:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...all-cards.html
If I applied Aug 15th. Does that mean I will only have Aug, September, And October to meet the spending requirement?

Or will they give you the full 90 days and make the deadline Nov 15th (90 days from aug 15th)?
Quote: If I applied Aug 15th. Does that mean I will only have Aug, September, And October to meet the spending requirement?

Or will they give you the full 90 days and make the deadline Nov 15th (90 days from aug 15th)?
You'll have roughly 90 days from approval date. Once you receive the card, you can send Citi a secure message through your online account if you want to know the exact deadline.
Quote: Or will they give you the full 90 days and make the deadline Nov 15th (90 days from aug 15th)?
Because of some 31-day months between now and then, 90 days from Aug 15 is not exactly Nov 15. So don't do it down to the wire with bad math. As beltway said, if you need the exact day, have Citi give it to you after you get the card.

Anyway, it's a "full" 90 days from the approval, yes, but that's not a full 90 days from when you receive the card. Typically you have only about 2.5 months from when you receive the card. And to allow for transaction posting issues, you should try to be early even from that.

And remember to count your purchases very carefully and/or add some "buffer". Especially be very careful that you don't use the card for anything you might need to return (and get a refund) if you won't have time to do additional spend to cover that.